collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation thread  (Read 916121 times)

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation thread
« Reply #510 on: May 30, 2019, 10:01:33 AM »
I've seen nothing like enough from Davis to make me think he's going to be good enough.

He needs time on loan.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #511 on: May 30, 2019, 10:05:10 AM »
I don’t see the comparison Bent and Tammy, completely different players.
I am not convinced that Tammy is god enough for the Prem but too young to write off.
I would trust Delano to get this right though.

They're similar because if you're not getting the ball to them in the box, they're not adding enough to the team.

Tammy at least wins headers but that's not enough.

That's not to talk down his achievements this year in the championship, but on the top flight he'd be adding even less.

Bent was absolutely the same (let's not forget, he too was lethal in the box).

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #512 on: May 30, 2019, 10:18:29 AM »
I've seen nothing like enough from Davis to make me think he's going to be good enough.

He needs time on loan.

I agree, I think it would do him the world of good. A decent Championship club who would use him in the right way. Win win situation for all involved. I like Davis, but he needs to add the most vital ingredient to his game: goals.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #513 on: May 30, 2019, 10:23:13 AM »
I like Davis, think he could be a useful player. Reminds me of Emile Heskey (the young version at Leicester, not the one we got) but like Heskey he needs to find the back of the net more. A season on loan in the championship would do him more good than warming our bench.

Online Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #514 on: May 30, 2019, 10:53:25 AM »
The thing about Tammy, is that people remember the misses, because he HAS missed quite a few sitters.  What people don't remember, is that he keeps getting into great positions FOR those misses, which is why he still scores so many.  He has excellent strikers instincts - the thing they say you can't teach.  The rest we can work on (and, as others have said, he'll get stronger and more physical)

Now, in the Prem, he's definitely going to have to survive on fewer, more difficult chances, but at 21 he's shown enough to suggest he's got the potential to be a 15 goal a season man in the top league. And like it or not, that's a £20m+ player every day of the week.  A LOT will depend on chances created for him, but I can't for one moment imagine we're going to suddenly become a team that plays more defensively. We're going to create chances.

Put it another way, if there was another young English centre-forward who'd scored 50 goals over three seasons out on loan, I don't think too many would be unhappy being linked to them.

Let's assume the worst, and it doesn't work out, he never reaches double figures in the next few years. He's still young enough to move on and recoup some, if not all, of our investment.  He fits the profile for the sort of player we're now interested in.

I'd be very interested to see how he ranks in the whole 'moneyball' analysis we now apparently use.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #515 on: May 30, 2019, 11:19:02 AM »
Would be interesting if the Maupay rumours turn out to be true. He's already played in a Deano side and will know exactly what to do you'd expect.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #516 on: May 30, 2019, 11:35:53 AM »
I'm really unsure about Maupay but I don't know what the options are really. The problem with football at the moment is that you have 10-15 clubs across Europe who are trying to sign any kid that looks capable of being a good player so all the 18-22 year old strikers who've hit double figures get linked with £50m moves to clubs like Real, Barca, Liverpool, Man City, etc.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #517 on: May 30, 2019, 11:41:10 AM »
They squirrel away the nuts and then forget where they have buried them but happy that no one else has access to them. Finally digging them out when they are wasted.

Offline thick_mike

• GM : 26.02.2025
« Reply #518 on: May 30, 2019, 11:44:27 AM »
Will this be the longest transfer thread ever? Are Bet365 getting involved with spread betting? I say 200 pages before the window.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #519 on: May 30, 2019, 12:28:38 PM »
How well do people think Tammy, Maupay or Pukki will do, realistically in the PL?. I think they were the three leading scorers in the Chumps (possibly the geezer from Sheffield Utd too). Pukki came in for free and ad the season of his life. Is it possible we could unearth someone from somewhere in the world for small change who might do something similar for a season or do we have to bite the bullet and spend big? FWIW I think Abraham is going to stay at Chelsea. I can see a bid from us for Maupay and him scoring 10-12 goals in the PL with the addition of another wide man to replace Green/Albert. I guess that could be Kodjia but I can see him leaving if a bid for a few million comes in. That then leaves us with buying another striker, loaning the one that is good but never scores and doing anything and everything to off load Hogan and McCormack - who otherwise will trouser over £7m on the rest of his contract.

Offline TaxDodger

« Reply #520 on: May 30, 2019, 01:11:55 PM »
My friend's sister's boyfriend (I know) is apparently very good mates with Joe Lolley and apparently we're currently in negotiations with Forest over him.

We've officially bid for him and he's waiting for a call from his agent regarding whether it's been accepted.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #521 on: May 30, 2019, 01:45:35 PM »
I'm mates with one of Lolley's uni mates. I have no knowledge.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #522 on: May 30, 2019, 01:55:30 PM »
Slightly worried that our targets all seem to come from the championship so far? But I guess it's only been a few days eh.

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #523 on: May 30, 2019, 02:08:20 PM »
Slightly worried that our targets all seem to come from the championship so far? But I guess it's only been a few days eh.

I'm sure we will have one or two PL type signings.

Can someone explain moneyball to me and how big do you reckon our 'warchest' will be this summer? I know the latter is basically just guessing but with the owners and everything I thought it'd be worth asking.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #524 on: May 30, 2019, 02:23:08 PM »
Fuck Moneyball, I want Galacticos.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal