collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation thread  (Read 918480 times)

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation thread
« Reply #4410 on: July 21, 2019, 09:12:21 AM »
If it wasn't for their dreadful injury records, either Carroll or Sturridge on a free, might have been worth considering for, say, a 2 year contract and therefore, lower risk.  However, and quite rightly, like Austin, such is their princess attitude, Villa won't touch them.  I reckon we will be scouting for another Kodjia type in the French leagues to add competition.  Wesley could really do with a couple of pre-season goals to get the ball rolling and take away any doubt about him scoring in the top leagues. I'd still like Maupay mind, fox in the box needed.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 09:25:00 AM by Newby »

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #4411 on: July 21, 2019, 09:32:13 AM »
We need a forward that we can use when we want to play a narrower game. He will need to be able to play across the line.

Offline TelfordVilla

« Reply #4412 on: July 21, 2019, 09:40:46 AM »
we dont need a striker LIKE Maupay, we just need Maupay. He has got the lot and at 20m is a snip.

Offline KRS

« Reply #4413 on: July 21, 2019, 09:57:18 AM »
Apparently he’s out of the squad for Brentford’s friendly and Sheff Utd are in for him. If we’re going to make moves for Maupay then we’ll need to make a bid pretty sharpish.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #4414 on: July 21, 2019, 10:04:20 AM »
If it wasn't for their dreadful injury records, either Carroll or Sturridge on a free, might have been worth considering for, say, a 2 year contract and therefore, lower risk.  However, and quite rightly, like Austin, such is their princess attitude, Villa won't touch them.  I reckon we will be scouting for another Kodjia type in the French leagues to add competition.  Wesley could really do with a couple of pre-season goals to get the ball rolling and take away any doubt about him scoring in the top leagues. I'd still like Maupay mind, fox in the box needed.

It might be the one position where we could consider a season long loan option.  I agree about the need for competition and with Wesley, Kodjia and Davis, I think we are one striker light.  Might be being a bit obvious and nostalgic, but trying to see if Benteke could recover some of his mojo on a loan with us or someone with a bit of pedigree in the top flight might be a smart move.

Like you, I would steer well clear of the likes of Sturridge and Carroll though.  We've been down that road too many times before and have ended up with our pants pulled down.  A loan might not be ideal, but it might tide us over until we see where we are in January and at the end of the season. 

Offline mallo

• GM : 28.03.2021
« Reply #4415 on: July 21, 2019, 10:06:11 AM »
I would have thought if we were in for Maupay then we’d have signed him by now. Unless Brentford are waiting to sign a replacement. It doesn’t make sense otherwise, due to our early signing philosophy.

Online DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #4416 on: July 21, 2019, 10:23:13 AM »

You could argue if it wasn’t for their injuries, they wouldn’t be available anyway.

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #4417 on: July 21, 2019, 11:11:59 AM »
I read that Fistface is in for Carroll....

Offline nigel

« Reply #4418 on: July 21, 2019, 11:32:50 AM »
I would have thought if we were in for Maupay then we’d have signed him by now. Unless Brentford are waiting to sign a replacement. It doesn’t make sense otherwise, due to our early signing philosophy.

If Brentford are selling and we're in for Maupay we'll get him.
I don't think the early signing policy would be an issue with him as he's played the Dean Smith way already, so is half up to speed already.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #4419 on: July 21, 2019, 11:40:16 AM »
Another CM? Unlikely if one of BB and Henri stay.

BB didn't even make our bench for the playoff final . With only a year left on his contract, it's almost certain he will leave. I doubt he is on a huge contract so should be easy enough to move on. Nowhere near good enough.

Lansbury is unlikely to leave permanently given the contract he is on but would surely have a suitor or two at championship level on loan. With Luiz coming in he will be a long way down the list of our midfield options. Particularly as Jota is likely to be an option in the middle at times. I'd prefer to push O'Hare up the pecking order instead of Lansbury but Smith may think differently.

Bree, Kalinic, Kodjia, Tshibola, BB, Lansbury, Hogan, RHM, Green, JDH, Chester won't be part of the first team squad come the end of the transfer window I'd expect.

New GK, Maupay to still come in. Some turnaround in squad personnel in a few months!

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #4420 on: July 21, 2019, 01:31:34 PM »
I read that Fistface is in for Carroll....

Perfect. Like Andy Gray rejoining Villa

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #4421 on: July 21, 2019, 01:36:35 PM »
I actually think Carroll back to the barcodes will be one of those that works out ok. He’s only 30.

Offline KRS

« Reply #4422 on: July 21, 2019, 01:50:52 PM »
For Carroll A see Sturridge D (he’s only 29) and Austin C (also 30).
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 01:53:03 PM by KRS »

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4423 on: July 21, 2019, 01:54:35 PM »
He'll have a couple of good games then get injured.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #4424 on: July 21, 2019, 01:55:06 PM »
I actually think Carroll back to the barcodes will be one of those that works out ok. He’s only 30.

And already done. File next to Richards, Micah.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal