collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation thread  (Read 918305 times)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation thread
« Reply #2100 on: June 20, 2019, 10:04:38 PM »
Mings will sign. He will have told Bournemouth that and it’s literally about agreeing the deal. However the whole “announce Mings” obsession by some on Twitter is fucking embarrassing.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #2101 on: June 20, 2019, 10:09:42 PM »
The man turned back up in Bournemouth half cut and in his full kit. There's no danger that the Emperor will return.

We've had God, we've had King Olof. Be good to add to the Trinity.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #2102 on: June 20, 2019, 10:31:57 PM »
We are limited to a signing every three days with the soft embargo.

Yes that's correct unless the day ends in letter Y. In that case 3 day rule is waived.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #2103 on: June 20, 2019, 10:54:12 PM »
It is a little concerning 're the incoming transfers given the sheer number of players we need to bring in with 10 having been just released (McCormack not even getting a mention on sky) and 3 loanees gone and not returned yet.

There is also a decent chunk of at best mid table championship players left in the squad who have no business playing in the top division (Bree, Taylor, Tshibola, Hogan, Lansbury, Kodjia, Nyland/Kalinic, BB).

Offline RussellC

• GM : 04.04.2016
« Reply #2104 on: June 20, 2019, 11:11:22 PM »
It is a little concerning 're the incoming transfers given the sheer number of players we need to bring in with 10 having been just released (McCormack not even getting a mention on sky) and 3 loanees gone and not returned yet.

There is also a decent chunk of at best mid table championship players left in the squad who have no business playing in the top division (Bree, Taylor, Tshibola, Hogan, Lansbury, Kodjia, Nyland/Kalinic, BB).

Kodjia's good enough to be a squad player for us in the Premiership, and there's probably no value in selling him, only to have to pay £15m+ for a replacement. I would imagine Taylor will kept on too, purely because of our lack of other options at left-back, and can see Nyland staying on as 3rd choice keeper, at least until January, given his injury problems. Although I don't disagree with you about Lansbury, I think he'll be given one last chance to make an impact too.

Bree I'm really not sure about. I think he's showed promise at times, but looked lost at others - although is that just symptomatic of a young-player not being given a long enough run in the team in his natural position? I can see another loan for him, possibly used as a part-exchange option if we're looking to sign players from Brentford or Bristol City, etc.

The others, I agree, can be moved on to the best paying customers.

Offline jwarry

« Reply #2105 on: June 21, 2019, 05:43:00 AM »
Taken from a HTFC forum

“From all accounts it seems Kongolo is on mega money (even after the relegation clause), and now that we’re having to cut our cloth accordingly it’s in our best interest if we find an acceptable bid and move on even if we need to take a small loss. It pains me to say that as he’s going to be remembered as one of the best defenders we’ve ever had, and make many people’s all time town team in years to come, but having someone paid more than double the guy next to him is a problem in more ways than one”

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #2106 on: June 21, 2019, 05:45:37 AM »
I thought Mings had some kid of "matching offer" clause, which I'd taken as probably being we can buy him for £Xm on (insert date) unless there's a better offer, in which case we have to match it. Just speculation on my part, but I'd suspect Mings will be a Villa player next season, we're just going through the formalities of waiting for the set date so there's no better offer

Offline jwarry

« Reply #2107 on: June 21, 2019, 05:51:59 AM »
Taken from a HTFC forum

“From all accounts it seems Kongolo is on mega money (even after the relegation clause), and now that we’re having to cut our cloth accordingly it’s in our best interest if we find an acceptable bid and move on even if we need to take a small loss. It pains me to say that as he’s going to be remembered as one of the best defenders we’ve ever had, and make many people’s all time town team in years to come, but having someone paid more than double the guy next to him is a problem in more ways than one”

Looks like the LB we need https://youtu.be/4LUwYnNE0v4

Offline jwarry

« Reply #2108 on: June 21, 2019, 05:53:02 AM »
I thought Mings had some kid of "matching offer" clause, which I'd taken as probably being we can buy him for £Xm on (insert date) unless there's a better offer, in which case we have to match it. Just speculation on my part, but I'd suspect Mings will be a Villa player next season, we're just going through the formalities of waiting for the set date so there's no better offer

Yes that will be it

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #2109 on: June 21, 2019, 07:11:39 AM »
The Dutch lad is a LB as opposed to a CB then? Where has he been playing for Huddersfield?

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #2110 on: June 21, 2019, 08:03:52 AM »
The Dutch lad is a LB as opposed to a CB then? Where has he been playing for Huddersfield?
He's both.  A centre back who can play left back, just like Mings and Hause.

Offline Villatillidie25

« Reply #2111 on: June 21, 2019, 08:10:33 AM »
Is that what we want? I’d have assumed Smith would be wanting an attacking full back who overlaps the wide player

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #2112 on: June 21, 2019, 08:16:41 AM »
Hoping we can have a few players in during the next couple of weeks.

By my reckoning we need:
Two central defenders (one if Chester is likely to be fit anytime soon)
One left back
One central midfielder
Two wingers
One centre forward (not including Wesley)

Plus maybe a keeper, though I'd be happy to see one leave first, and probably a few youngsters for the future as not many of our prospects seem particularly exciting.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #2113 on: June 21, 2019, 10:10:34 AM »
Hoping we can have a few players in during the next couple of weeks.

By my reckoning we need:
Two central defenders (one if Chester is likely to be fit anytime soon)
One left back
One central midfielder
Two wingers
One centre forward (not including Wesley)

Plus maybe a keeper, though I'd be happy to see one leave first, and probably a few youngsters for the future as not many of our prospects seem particularly exciting.

Yeah that's about right. Maybe cover a couple of those with good loan signings. Like to see Axel back if possible.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #2114 on: June 21, 2019, 10:20:42 AM »
I asked the Huddersfield fan at work about Kongolo, as I know nothing about him to be honest. He thinks he’s brilliant and said he couldn’t believe they had a player of that quality playing for them. He reckons he’d be a great signing for us.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal