collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation thread  (Read 915832 times)

Offline CT Villan

Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation thread
« Reply #1815 on: June 16, 2019, 08:38:45 PM »
Albrighton's delivery is streets ahead of Green, but Andre should be afforded the opportunity to develop and contribute in the PL before we discard him.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1816 on: June 16, 2019, 08:46:44 PM »
I'd like to see Green develop in the Championship, send him on loan. A full season of first team football at that level should give some indication of whether he is likely to be good enough. If he isn't, the exposure would be enough to ensure that, at least, we get a fee for him.

Offline mike

« Reply #1817 on: June 16, 2019, 08:47:41 PM »
I think Andre would benefit from a loan to one of the top Championship clubs. I agree he doesn't look good enough at the moment but I just have a sneaking feeling we could regret selling him. I know a little bit about him personally and he strikes me as slightly immature and lacking in confidence. He's a massive, life long Villa fan and I think a Deano/Jack arm round the shoulder and some time playing at that level (don't forget he was at Portsmouth last season before coming straight into our first team) would be a great opportunity for him to show us whether he is capable of it. I think he will have learnt and matured a lot after this spell with Villa and the summer off will be when he processes and learns from it.

Offline AGRIPPA

« Reply #1818 on: June 16, 2019, 09:14:42 PM »
Don't think RHM will make it, certainly not at PL level or championship level.

I agree..... never seen anything in him on his brief excursions and apparently never delivered when out on loan

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1819 on: June 16, 2019, 09:35:31 PM »
I'd like to see Green develop in the Championship, send him on loan. A full season of first team football at that level should give some indication of whether he is likely to be good enough. If he isn't, the exposure would be enough to ensure that, at least, we get a fee for him.

He's only got a year left on his current deal, so wouldn't we have to offer him a new one now?

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #1820 on: June 16, 2019, 09:47:32 PM »
In the few games RHM had for Cambridge United before he got injured they accumulated enough points to avoid relegation.  He was very popular with the Cambridge fans.  His big problem is not lack of ability it is his proneness to injury.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1821 on: June 16, 2019, 09:54:16 PM »
In the few games RHM had for Cambridge United before he got injured they accumulated enough points to avoid relegation.  He was very popular with the Cambridge fans.  His big problem is not lack of ability it is his proneness to injury.

As a fellow U's native, I feel compelled to make the point that success at the Abbey says nothing about doing well in the Premier League.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1822 on: June 16, 2019, 09:58:31 PM »

He's only got a year left on his current deal, so wouldn't we have to offer him a new one now?

Yeah, we should be doing that I reckon. No point letting him leave at the end of his contract for a negligible fee (as he is comfortably under-24 we would still be entitled to some compensation but it wouldn't be a fat lot).

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #1823 on: June 16, 2019, 10:31:16 PM »
Green is still young with a lot of potential. Let DS and the coaching staff work on his delivery and decision making. No point writing him off so early.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1824 on: June 16, 2019, 10:43:13 PM »
Charlie Austin still being linked, albeit through the clickbaits.  The fee is said to be £4m.  That wouldn't be a bad deal for that type of money to be fair. Doesn't really fit the profile but for that type of money, it wouldn't really matter too much.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #1825 on: June 16, 2019, 10:58:38 PM »
Charlie Austin still being linked, albeit through the clickbaits.  The fee is said to be £4m.  That wouldn't be a bad deal for that type of money to be fair. Doesn't really fit the profile but for that type of money, it wouldn't really matter too much.

Well we certainly need another striker as Kodjia, Hogan & Davis are not up to scratch.  Austin at £4 million would be a better option from the bench.  I had wondered whether we might go after Gayle as a back up striker but he'd cost a lot more than £4 million.

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #1826 on: June 16, 2019, 11:09:19 PM »
I think Rodriguez for 5m would be a better shout. 22 goals with prem experience. Again does not fit the profile. But considering the price and how many other players we need to buy. Would be a solid acquisition …. 

Offline Richard

• GM : 08.06.2024
« Reply #1827 on: June 16, 2019, 11:10:39 PM »
Austin and Gayle both turn 30 this year it's a no from me. Still think we will go for Maupay.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1828 on: June 16, 2019, 11:13:59 PM »
Maupay might not go for us if has an offer from Sevilla.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #1829 on: June 16, 2019, 11:20:31 PM »
We need a great goalkeeper, worth as many points as a striker, a strong defence, a brutal defensive midfielder, somebody like Philips, just to stay in the league. First season back, our focus has to be grind out results, both home and away. Second season we can focus more on our more expansive football.

I can see us hitting the £100m spend this summer unless we can find overseas or the lower leagues some top quality that will hit the ground running.
It's a bloody tough job Deano is facing this summer, not that I'm sure he needs telling. So much will depend on the mentality of the players and attackers that can score with the only opportunity they're given.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal