collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Play off semi away  (Read 7393 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Play off semi away
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2019, 03:35:24 PM »
I understand the point, but is there much evidence of it? The away scheme was around 900-1000 last season and was extended by 200 this term. We've only failed to sell out Norwich away, so is there much evidence of people buying a handful of tickets being in the away scheme?

Yes. A few people got a letter telling them they should be going to more matches earlier this season.

Presumably they were booted out of the scheme if they didn't.

Ultimately though, if you wanted to guarantee a ticket, you should have joined.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2019, 04:39:52 PM »
Well, that's obviously true. It's a shame that you had to pay an extra forty quid on top of the already high expense that is incurred attending forty or so matches to do so.

The forty quid was, and remains, an unfair charge. If Ticketmaster, or whoever, charges a fiver on top of their tickets that's a rip off. Forty quid just to be likely to obtain tickets is a con.

As I said, I'd expect it from people like Karen Brady. I expect better from Aston Villa.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 04:42:14 PM by cdbullyweefan »

Offline Ads

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2019, 04:59:44 PM »
You've always paid a fee, they just increased it by £15. I'd rather not pay a few, but I want to attend all the away games and definitely matches such as a week Tuesday, so the scheme caters for that.

Offline Dominic22

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2019, 05:50:07 PM »
I cant quite recall but I believe I paid £25 renewal of the away scheme this season as they gave existing members a discount. The new system has some advantages but the ease of just giving your card details and the tickets just arriving was a great advantage previously, this time I have to remember to go and buy them...

I belived they were monitoring it for people abusing the system. My son ended up missing the first 3 away games this year as he started a new apprenticeship so was away for the first few weeks and they did send me a letter saying if he missed anymore they would look at his eligability but as he went to all the rest I have no idea if they ended up looking at anyone again. One of the big reasons they changed it in the first place was as they could not administer it (there words to me). I was over charged for approx 13 games last year by mistake, as they had incorrectly charged for 3 adult tickets  rather than doing concessions as of course some games the concession catagories are different and they did not have a good way to differenciate. 

I only caught it when I think Blackburn was £35 adult £1 child tickets and so the difference was quite large. As they had closed off the games I did not get a refund for any of them but got Middlesborough playoff tickets free as a goodwill gesture.

Offline Ads

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2019, 06:41:45 PM »
I was annoyed that they'd changed it,  but I've found choosing where I sit decent.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2019, 08:02:13 PM »
I was annoyed that they'd changed it,  but I've found choosing where I sit decent.

How good is the choice of choosing where you sit?  Often, the first blocks released are not the best.  I know people in the away scheme who waited for upstairs to go on sale at Bolton for example.  Quite often, by the time I've been able to book, the away scheme members have been allocated blocks at the side rather than central.

Offline Dominic22

« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2019, 08:32:11 PM »

How good is the choice of choosing where you sit?  Often, the first blocks released are not the best.  I know people in the away scheme who waited for upstairs to go on sale at Bolton for example.  Quite often, by the time I've been able to book, the away scheme members have been allocated blocks at the side rather than central.

That is the difference usually they allocated the best areas first to the away scheme but that is not the case now so usually I wait for the block I want to become availalble.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2019, 08:38:38 PM »

That is the difference usually they allocated the best areas first to the away scheme but that is not the case now so usually I wait for the block I want to become availalble.

I think that in the majority of cases, it is the home club who give directions on how tickets are sold.  There are certainly benefits by being in the scheme but I don't think that choice comes into it.  It's rare that an entire allocation goes on sale straight away.

Offline Ads

« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2019, 08:54:52 PM »
I like being on the end of a row. For the Albion, the child in me wanted to me next to the Stripey twats like I was for the league game.

I've found I've had good seats all season. It used to annoy me a little in the away scheme being allocated the upper tier/central stuff.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2019, 11:26:41 PM »
Like Ads, I like being able to choose, and prefer aisle seats too so it works for me. Last season was shit because away season tickets were always allocated first, ie from the front rows back so most of the time the view was shit. This season has been loads better.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2019, 06:39:28 AM »
I get this and if it works for you then great.

I don't understand how your choice is any greater than someone like me with 12 aways though?  Surely you all go online as soon as the tickets become available?  Therefore, unless you are quick or lucky, all of the aisle seats are reserved anyway.  Often people reserve several different seats before deciding on which ones to actually buy.  This impacts the "first come first serve" policy as well.   

On quite a few occasions this season, I've managed to get aisle seats.  It is as much about luck of the draw as it is having priority because the entire allocation rarely becomes available in one go.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2019, 07:30:40 AM »
I've only been to around 10 away games this season and we've not really had a problem getting tickets for the games we've wanted to go to. I knew we didn't stand a chance for the Sandwell game though because people have been to more games and they get priority and that's the way it should be, not because you've laid down £40 for the privilege.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2019, 11:30:52 PM »
Spot on clampy. Plus the fact is the villa changed the ball game as the pay to jump every queue was broadcast as league games only not cup or playoffs to be included a

Offline Ads

« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2019, 08:00:37 AM »
If you didn't join the scheme and you'd not been to 18 games...

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2019, 05:08:32 PM »
Give it up, mate. It's a racket. There's no excuse for it except taking money from fans.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal