collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Play off semi away  (Read 7392 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Play off semi away
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2019, 05:57:01 PM »
Sold out.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2019, 06:01:14 PM »
One ticket desperately needed

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2019, 02:56:20 PM »
1/2 needed for away leg. ST mate not enough always. Willing pay over odds too

Offline artvandelay

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2019, 11:54:46 PM »
I’ve got nothing meaningful to add (in the short term). I think it’s very disappointing the way the club have given advantage to away season ticket holders. I personally have been to 18 aways and as such have a ticket, but if I were on 17 aways, paying £2 in booking fees per ticket I would be very annoyed. The away season ticket should have a minimum purchase requirement for games like this

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2019, 12:40:15 AM »
I've thought all along the away ticket scheme was a racket. Is it staying for next year?

Offline Ads

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2019, 12:42:29 AM »
The overwhelming majority of away season ticket holders will go to every game, so rightly we get priority over the humans.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2019, 01:03:54 AM »
Those who go to the majority of away games, rightly, got priority under the old system. Under the new Away Scheme system, this group had been bolstered by a number of fans who haven't been to as many away games as others, but have effectively been able to pay extra to jump the queue.

I've only been to a handful of away games this season, but if I'd spent forty quid (or whatever it was) on the Away Scheme membership I could have been afforded priority over those who had spent thousands more than me following Villa all over the country.

It's an unfair system, and the sort of naked profiteering that Brady would have done if Blose had ever had an away following that was less than pathetic.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 01:05:38 AM by cdbullyweefan »

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2019, 07:28:09 AM »
The good news is it’s to be revamped for next season.  But still much disrespect to the most loyal fans has been shown by the villa. No attempt to move monitor and he scheme, rip off admin fee, deliberate queue jumping off

I didn’t join in principle but do regret it as have had to graft for one or two and no sight of a baggies 2nd leg ticket

Offline avfc456

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2019, 07:53:18 AM »
Those who go to the majority of away games, rightly, got priority under the old system. Under the new Away Scheme system, this group had been bolstered by a number of fans who haven't been to as many away games as others, but have effectively been able to pay extra to jump the queue.

I've only been to a handful of away games this season, but if I'd spent forty quid (or whatever it was) on the Away Scheme membership I could have been afforded priority over those who had spent thousands more than me following Villa all over the country.

It's an unfair system, and the sort of naked profiteering that Brady would have done if Blose had ever had an away following that was less than pathetic.

Agree with this- I did 15 away games last season and got a play off away ticket, I didn't want to pay £40 and didn't see why I should have too, this season I have done 12 aways so missed out on a play off away ticket, fair enough, but if fans (reading online so I know you have to be careful) have missed out on an away ticket attending 15 plus this season over those on the scheme who have attended far less than that, I feel the system is harsh and flawed

Offline Ads

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2019, 11:31:07 AM »
I did 23 always last season, paid whatever it was and did 23 this season. Given how many we take to games and judging by how many we well in the first category of any away sales, it seems clear that the overwhelming majority of the away scheme go to all away games.

If you wanted to guarantee yourself an away ticket, you ought to have joined the away scheme.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2019, 12:08:28 PM »
You've ignored all the points people have raised in opposition to the charge.

Offline Ads

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2019, 01:52:59 PM »
I understand the point, but is there much evidence of it? The away scheme was around 900-1000 last season and was extended by 200 this term. We've only failed to sell out Norwich away, so is there much evidence of people buying a handful of tickets being in the away scheme?

Offline avfc456

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2019, 02:57:25 PM »
I understand the point, but is there much evidence of it? The away scheme was around 900-1000 last season and was extended by 200 this term. We've only failed to sell out Norwich away, so is there much evidence of people buying a handful of tickets being in the away scheme?

Only the club would be able to comment on that, everything else is just guess work, although I find it odd that the club would adjust the away scheme next season it were true the majority of the 1200 attended most/all away games

Also worth adding Hull, Blackburn and Boro were not sell outs, and plenty of games have gone to season ticket and booking history for away purchases

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2019, 03:19:48 PM »
Albion have scrapped their selling system now and their tickets are on sale to anyone with booking history, as they want to shift the remaining 2k+ tickets. I know someone with booking history with them, no membership etc and he got a ticket in the East Stand.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2019, 03:27:52 PM »

Yes. A few people got a letter telling them they should be going to more matches earlier this season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal