collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Yorkshire Whites vs The Villa Pre-Match Thread  (Read 14736 times)

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
Re: Yorkshire Whites vs The Villa Pre-Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2019, 04:07:52 PM »
Isn’t dirty Leeds just something created by that wanker Tim Lovejoy?

Offline supertom

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2019, 04:14:39 PM »
I wouldn't be taking our foot off the gas too much really. There's something to be said for trying our level best to keep up this winning run. Lose two on the spin prior to playoffs because we're 3rd gearing it, could affect our momentum and even the confidence within a few. Just be sensible. Don't risk anyone who's nursing anything. Give McGinn one of the games off. We've actually, despite a few injuries, got a reasonable amount of strength in depth, so I think resting a couple here and there is good. Elmo deserves a game off, and maybe that give us a chance to give Hutton a send off. I'd ponder resting Taylor for one of the games too. Get our best 11 fit and raring for that first playoff game.

Offline DennisHodgetts

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2019, 04:22:18 PM »
Don Revie's Leeds clearly before your time Andy! Dirty dirty cheating bastards, even worse than Chelsea!

Offline walsall villain

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2019, 04:26:44 PM »
I wouldn't be taking our foot off the gas too much really. There's something to be said for trying our level best to keep up this winning run. Lose two on the spin prior to playoffs because we're 3rd gearing it, could affect our momentum and even the confidence within a few. Just be sensible. Don't risk anyone who's nursing anything. Give McGinn one of the games off. We've actually, despite a few injuries, got a reasonable amount of strength in depth, so I think resting a couple here and there is good. Elmo deserves a game off, and maybe that give us a chance to give Hutton a send off. I'd ponder resting Taylor for one of the games too. Get our best 11 fit and raring for that first playoff game.
I know it’s illogical but I’m convinced this run is linked to Hutton being no where near the starting eleven. I hope we keep it that way.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2019, 04:30:46 PM »
Don Revie's Leeds clearly before your time Andy! Dirty dirty cheating bastards, even worse than Chelsea!
Unfortunately, they’re not before my time.
I just meant the ‘catchphrase’ of dirty Leeds is something from that wanker lovejoy, which is a great catchphrase in itself.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2019, 05:02:37 PM »
2-1 us. Come to Japan, Aftab, mate. I'm waiting with tours of various dens of iniquities.
Now then Nik here is the deal. If we go on to win at Wembley I will fly over to pay homage to Roppongi and the goddesses of Private Eye Club ;)

Offline Oscar Arce

• Location: Trinity Road Enclosure, just come through the gates for a 6d. transfer from the Witton End grassy bank to buy a Wagon wheel in the Tuck Shop under the stand
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2019, 05:28:42 PM »
Jack off at half time for Hourihane.

lol

Maybe he'd just prefer a massage

Offline KRS

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2019, 06:01:02 PM »
I'd be very surprised if Norwich and Sheff Utd haven't secured their automatic places by the time we play, and I expect Baggies to cement 4th place, so it absolutely makes sense to do the sensible thing and manage the squad...keep the match day squad but rest/protect our best players, give some much needed game time to those knocking on Deans door, and come out of these next 2 games with a fresh and fit squad ready for the playoffs.

The momentum argument doesn't really hold much ground and the results from these next 2 games are largely irrelevant when it's the preparation for the biggest 3 games of our season that matter.

2-0 Leeds...and I won't care about the result as long as all our players don't pick up any injuries.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2019, 06:26:37 PM »

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2019, 06:40:53 PM »

Beat Leeds on Sunday and they'll be like boxer whose legs have gone. They'll stumble into the play-offs praying to be put out of their misery. Right now, they're hanging onto the ropes. If we allow them, as what most would see as an unexpected victory, they may just recover their form. I don't mind a couple of changes but we should aim to beat them. They've a tiny squad with most players knackered, so I wouldn't complain if one of McGinn or Grealish comes on from the bench second half to stretch them.

The game to take the foot off the gas is Norwich. It's a nothing game but the result against Leeds will have consequences, one way or the other. Listening to Dean Smith today, he doesn't look like he's about to throw the towel in this weekend.

I predict 2-0 result, to who depends on our team selection. Leeds will field their usual side as they have little choice.

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2019, 06:49:54 PM »
In the era of Tommy Smith, Nobby Stiles, Chopper Harris, et al, it took some doing to be the club to earn the epithet "dirty".

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2019, 06:50:25 PM »
I predict win number 11 - I've gone with 10 wins previously. No time to change now! Leeds 1-2 Aston Villa

Offline kieron

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2019, 07:00:03 PM »
Leeds 3/4 and Villa 10/3 given current form is quite remarkable.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2019, 07:47:57 PM »
If Albion don't win, I can see Dean taking this game very seriously

1-1

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2019, 07:48:54 PM »
I’d give the spine of the team no more than 45 minutes, in each of the final two games.

The spine, I consider being, Mings, Grealish, Mcginn and Abraham.
Obviously, Tammy will be recuperating anyway.

I like Chester, but I hope he’s nowhere near our defence in the playoffs, unlesss it’s absolutely necessary.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal