collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bolton Wanderers v Aston Villa - Pre Match Thread  (Read 14514 times)

Offline Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
Re: Bolton Wanderers v Aston Villa - Pre Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2019, 09:01:36 PM »
Two of us driving up from Bournemouth tomorrow. I think last years epic journey in the snow and the crap performance has left painful memories! Hopefully Easter traffic won't be a nightmare and we can continue our fine form. UTV

Fabulous commitment DV.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2019, 09:08:15 PM »
I've voted draw for the last 5 games and I ain't changing now.

Yay! Another member of the (barmy) Creosote Army comes out of the woodwork.

Let's hope we'll get the recognition we richly deserve - through our continued sacrifice to ensure Play Off glory.  ;)

No 9 in a row now. Let's hope the team hold their half of the bargain.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2019, 11:54:45 PM »
Put ourselves in Bolton’s shoes, which conceivably could have happened, before the cash injection from the new owners. As supporters, you’d like to believe that the players would fight tooth and nail. But I suspect the reality would have been, they’d have gone out with a highly paid whimper.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Bolton get a clogging off Villa.

Offline Colhint

• GM : 02.12.2016
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2019, 12:02:41 AM »
Has anyone looked at the graphic off the poll? It doesn't half look like we're giving someone the finger

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2019, 01:14:33 AM »
We need the 3 points, and they are there to be taken. A professional performance, respecting the opposition will get us that result. That is what a Dean Smith team is most likely to achieve.

If we are keep our eye on the prize, we are best placed to get it. Incredible, if you think back to eight games ago.

Offline KRS

« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2019, 02:14:13 AM »
As long as we're not complacent and we play like we know we can then if we're clinical in front of goal this could be a very comfortable win.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
I’m yRe: Bolton Wanderers v Aston Villa - Pre Match Thread
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2019, 03:59:22 AM »
Bolton’s new owner, by a Watford fan. I’m sure they will find it reassuring. Poor bastards.

“He talks the talk and he will promise you everything you want to hear, but it's all phoney I'm afraid. There's no substance to any of it. It became ludicrous in the end.

No doubt he'll come out with statements that he made mistakes at Watford and lessons learned etc, but a leopard does not change its spots.

As a Bolton fan, you will quite rightly hope he'll be decent and genuine and will give him the benefit of the doubt until proved otherwise. We had the same reservations but he was given every chance to prove himself, but it became clear very early on he was a chancer.

I'm amazed he's got back in football. I'm amazed the EFL would ever sanction him. He was banned for 3 years because of his dishonestly.

He was made bankrupt twice, and even changed his name from Bazini to Bassini to hide the fact he'd been bankrupt.

When interviewed, he acted like a child, trying to make up stories about events, which even with the greatest deal of naivety, anyone could see through.

He's referred to as the red helmet because our local paper, The Watford Observer, often used the same photo of him with a red builders hard hat. He got so annoyed that he threatened to sue the paper for using the same photo. So, of course, they used it even more.

You'll get used to that. He threatens to sue everyone one. He threatened to sue SkySports News as well for another trivial event.

Even the late Graham Taylor fell out with him, and called him a liar, for making up reasons for not attending a fans forum, which he did more than once. Of course, he threatened to sue GT as well. You can see a common theme here.

I wish Bolton all the best, but this guy will take you into the mire. He's really bad news. A total fantasist who has delusions of grandeur.

He wants a football club as a status symbol, so he can show his family he's not a total idiot.

My only advice is, of there is a way to stop him from taking over, take it. He's hard to get rid of. Watford were in a real mess when he left and only avoided administration and a points deduction by the skin of their teeth. The Pozzo's settled all debts and paid the HMRC. Bassini hid a lot of dept from our new owners too, so they withheld a payment for the Red Lion pub, which was part of the settlement deal. Of course Bassini sued the Pozzo's and of course lost the case, as he always does”
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 04:02:45 AM by TheMalandro »

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2019, 06:56:43 AM »
Oh dear,But as far as the EFL is concerned they avoid the problem of Bolton not completing the season.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2019, 07:25:43 AM »
I had never heard of him before this week, but was that he had been ousted from Watford. Doesn't look too promising for Bolton.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2019, 07:45:10 AM »
Come on Villa boys, make it 9 out of 9 wins! Our recent history shows us breaking records for the wrong reasons. Let's equal a record for the right reason today, which then sets us up nicely for Monday in attempting to set a new record. Come on Villa 3 more points please. UTV!

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2019, 07:52:55 AM »
I had never heard of him before this week, but was that he had been ousted from Watford. Doesn't look too promising for Bolton.

Makes me appreciate the deal the Dr got us with our new owners. Considering how cash strapped he became he could have easily sold to an equally dodgy outfit.

Offline oldhill_avfc

« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2019, 08:23:49 AM »
Xia was a fraud and had to get out as quickly as possible.

Make no mistake we got lucky - very lucky - with who bought him out.

Online Flamingo Lane

« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2019, 08:26:23 AM »
I know this game is not being televised on the red button bot does anyone know if Sky are doing that thing today where they show all the championship goals, a few moments after they are scored?

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2019, 08:29:46 AM »
Xia was a fraud and had to get out as quickly as possible.

Make no mistake we got lucky - very lucky - with who bought him out.

Ultimately whilst we got lucky, being able to pick up a football club in England, that has the ability to be turned into a fixture in the top 10 of the Premier League, for dirt cheap money is too good to miss. I’d say only Leeds of the other clubs in our position have anything like that potential.

Offline oldhill_avfc

« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2019, 08:40:38 AM »
Agreed.

But it was a fire sale and we could have come out of it with another chancer.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal