collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Bristol City: Pre-match Thread  (Read 15061 times)

Offline XXVilla

Re: Aston Villa vs Bristol City: Pre-match Thread
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2019, 09:24:12 AM »
I'm going to go for 2-2 but hope we get the win. Our makeshift defence will be tested so can see a high score. As Ads says if we can go to the end then we've get every chance - SJM will be massive tomorrow.

Tuanzebe and Hause won’t be a makeshift defence. A draw would be a good result though. A win would be fantastic.

Offline levico

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2019, 09:26:54 AM »
Tricky one even with a full squad.

Deano will have to dig deep.

Offline frank black

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2019, 09:51:25 AM »
Triumph

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2019, 09:56:09 AM »
I'm going for a 2-1 win and make it eight in a row.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2019, 09:56:31 AM »
if we can keep a clean sheet then I expect us to win, nervous already for this match.

a draw/defeat would not be the end of our season.

UTV
The Doc

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2019, 09:57:18 AM »
Hause sounds likely to play.
Aston Villa 3-1 Bristol City. I've voted a Villa win 7 times in a row - this is number 8!
This is my 8th draw prediction on the trot. It always goes to rat shit when I say win.

I definitely relate to that! still, dripping in creosote hasn't done us any harm thus far - so why change now eh? :)

I'll go for an action-packed Desmond, but I'll be mighty happy if we can keep this winning run going.

COYL!

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2019, 09:59:14 AM »
If Jedinak has to play, I'd play Hourihane.  Jedinak and Whelan in the same team is giving me Steve Bruce style flashbacks.

Offline KRS

« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2019, 10:02:16 AM »
I'm going to go for 2-2 but hope we get the win. Our makeshift defence will be tested so can see a high score. As Ads says if we can go to the end then we've get every chance - SJM will be massive tomorrow.
Tuanzebe and Hause won’t be a makeshift defence. A draw would be a good result though. A win would be fantastic.
Not makeshift but another partnership that haven't played together previously. I think we'll see Whelan back in for Hourihane to sit in front of the CBs.

Offline jeowje

« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2019, 10:10:14 AM »
Seems like a fair few people are predicting dropping points just based on law of averages... I thought at half time on Wednesday that we were due some bad luck. Seems we are making our own lately though. We beat them 5-0 out last time, think we can do them again...

Offline DennisHodgetts

« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2019, 10:22:39 AM »
It is part of supporting Villa that you are just waiting for it to go wrong again! I have voted for a draw, that would be fine, but really we have the players, attitude and crowd to get the 3 points.

Offline maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2019, 10:38:25 AM »
Whoever said they would like to see Jedinak start at centre back.....no,no,no!

He did alright Wednesday dealing with the long balls and huge throw ins Rotherham bombarded us with but Bristol City will be a different threat altogether.

Im in the very back row of the Doug Ellis stand with a restrictive view for this one, does anyone know just how restrictive it is.....like seriously not enjoyable restrictive or just having to move about if the balls in a certain area of the pitch?

If you are in P4 you might be next to me. I'm sure the last time I was that side was against Ipswich, when we lost 1-0 in the title winning season.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2019, 10:41:38 AM »
Is it Saturday yet? Come ooooooon, come on, come on, come on, come on, hurry up and get here.

It's been a while since they've had me wishing my life away!

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2019, 10:53:48 AM »
Whoever said they would like to see Jedinak start at centre back.....no,no,no!

He did alright Wednesday dealing with the long balls and huge throw ins Rotherham bombarded us with but Bristol City will be a different threat altogether.

Im in the very back row of the Doug Ellis stand with a restrictive view for this one, does anyone know just how restrictive it is.....like seriously not enjoyable restrictive or just having to move about if the balls in a certain area of the pitch?

I'm exactly the same pal, in P7. Might even be next to you. The restricted view will probably be the glare from my dazzling good looks.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2019, 10:54:31 AM »
My sense of anticipation for tomorrow is off the scale. I can’t focus on anything and to prove I’m losing my marbles I was looking at Sheff U and Leeds fixtures earlier to see what the chances of automatics were. I’ve lost the plot.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2019, 11:18:58 AM »
A full and energized Villa Park is a difference maker. We will win this because it will feel like we have an extra man.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal