collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 2-1 Blackburn Rovers Post Match Thread  (Read 18682 times)

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Aston Villa 2-1 Blackburn Rovers Post Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2019, 07:34:08 PM »
Lovely stuff just keep winning boys.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2019, 07:40:31 PM »
Steer didn't look great in those highlights .
Anyone suggest he looked lost on the shots hit the bar and the goal free kick as well as a few crosses and corners seemed to stop on corner on those highlights ?
Villa look  impressive in creating chances and to have 10 shots on target from 15 is good going would those who saw say should have had more goals ?what I like is it's another great 3point puts this club into 5th!
Good going 

Offline SashasGrandad

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2019, 07:40:44 PM »
As good a first 30 minutes as the last 30 was bad.

Well done John McGinn for carrying the ball to the corner flag in the 94th minute.

That was the sort of heroic run James Milner used to make for us all the time

Bloke behind me was shouting "take it into the corner". When McGinn was virtually on the touchline by the dug out. The fact that McGinn then took it into the opposite corner was absolute class, wasted more time and achieved what he set out to do.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2019, 07:42:46 PM »
Talking to some Blackburn fans on the train back they were relieved to get away with a 2-1 defeat.

Offline SashasGrandad

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2019, 07:44:03 PM »
Anyone suggest he looked lost on the shots hit the bar and the goal free kick as well as a few crosses and corners seemed to stop on corner on those highlights ?
Villa look  impressive in creating chances and to have 10 shots on target from 15 is good going would those who saw say should have had more goals ?what I like is it's another great 3point puts this club into 5th!
Good going 

Steer has a few iffy moments - but looks much safer than any of the other keepers we have had this season.  5 games in March only conceded 2 goals. Both were a bit unfortunate.

At least we are safe from relegation now - unlike some other team in the area who would need to win every game left to catch us.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2019, 07:47:10 PM »
Great start. First 20 minutes we were almost unplayable, got the early goal and we should have gone on to get more before half time. Having said that they threatened twice from well rehearsed corners as well as hitting the bar. As good as we were in the first half I thought we struggled in the second. Blackburn had a lot of the play and should have scored when they put a one-on-one wide. When we got the second that should have been that, but a combination of a stupid free-kick and poor goalkeeping brought them right back into it and the final whistle came as a relief. But three points is all that matters especially at this stage of the season.

Couple of asides - Jack didn't seem his usual self today and don't think he would have given Southgate (at the game today apparently) any squad selection headaches; and what a fantastic reception for Martin Laursen and JPA at half time.

The only thing that spoiled the afternoon was a pain of a journey home - accident on the M6 meant sitting in traffic for over an hour.

Onwards and upwards!

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2019, 07:50:16 PM »
Jack had his least effective game since his comeback just when Gareth Southgate turns up.

Offline Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2019, 07:56:58 PM »
Superb start, played some quality stuff, McGinn was causing havoc every time he touched the ball, for some reason felt he was starved of the ball for quite a bit of the 2nd half. When we got the second thought it would be comfortable then, but didn't turn out that way. Mings MOTM another class display.

UP THE VILLA

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2019, 08:05:57 PM »
Good going 

Steer has a few iffy moments - but looks much safer than any of the other keepers we have had this season.  5 games in March only conceded 2 goals. Both were a bit unfortunate.

At least we are safe from relegation now - unlike some other team in the area who would need to win every game left to catch us.

I think Kalinic would have looked safer too if he was behind the current back 4 playing how they are now....

Does the defence make the keeper look better or vice versa?

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2019, 08:07:27 PM »
Even though I predicted we would win 6-1 I was a bit nervous about this game. The break came at the wrong time for us, but we still won and that's another three points in the bag, which is the goal.
Look forward to the next one and let's hope for another three points. If we keep winning we will be in the playoffs.
Happy with three points. ;)   

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2019, 08:32:25 PM »
Even though I predicted we would win 6-1 I was a bit nervous about this game. The break came at the wrong time for us, but we still won and that's another three points in the bag, which is the goal.
Look forward to the next one and let's hope for another three points. If we keep winning we will be in the playoffs.

What are you talking about because the villa win . The break didn't come at the wrong time ?! For some reason you're cliche stating ?
It can be said the break came at wrong time for Sheffield utd who lost . Or Preston . Who also lost . Both in form like the villa  . Villa win again that's 5 in row and continue form. I guess your basing it from your perspective of 6-1 score line prediction. Villa had the amount of shots and shots on target to get the 4 more you wanted but have a word with yourself the international break didn't stop any momentum did it ?

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2019, 08:41:00 PM »
Good going 

I think Kalinic would have looked safer too if he was behind the current back 4 playing how they are now....

Does the defence make the keeper look better or vice versa?

I knew it !! Steer really more a hot glove keeper and not as steady as a lot were trying to make out. I far from convinced by him and I think it sounds like he's shown up today. Exactly that , a defence of soundness , for Kalinic and he be ok and relegate this steer chap back to bench duty. I don't see him as someone who should be keeping Kalinic out of the team and I think Kalinic was left out of squad for international duty.
If steer costs us then it's not good at all especially more so with an established keeper in squad. I rather take a so termed 'calculated risk' with Kalinic -now steer is making errors . And we are kind of expecting errors by steer as he's not at standard . So when they do happen people be like oh well it's not a international number one keeper making those mistakes

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2019, 08:42:59 PM »
Going back to Steer, I thought he looked a little jittery at times  and collectively, we seemed bemused by that corner to the far post thing on four occasions. We didn't play as clinically as we did against Derby and Boro but we won and that's all you can ever do.

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2019, 08:50:31 PM »

What are you talking about because the villa win . The break didn't come at the wrong time ?! For some reason you're cliche stating ?
It can be said the break came at wrong time for Sheffield utd who lost . Or Preston . Who also lost . Both in form like the villa  . Villa win again that's 5 in row and continue form. I guess your basing it from your perspective of 6-1 score line prediction. Villa had the amount of shots and shots on target to get the 4 more you wanted but have a word with yourself the international break didn't stop any momentum did it ?

Footy give it a break. I base it on the fact that it sounds like it wasn't our best performance in the second half. I don't need to have a word with myself. As for other teams, I don't really give a s&*t about them, I'm only really interested in how Villa are doing. 

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2019, 08:52:03 PM »
One thing we never seem to improve upon is our lack of movement when we have a throw in.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal