collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by SamTheMouse
[Today at 12:43:35 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by OCD
[Today at 12:41:13 PM]

NSWE Investment by The Edge
[Today at 12:40:24 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Dave
[Today at 12:17:57 PM]

Villa songs on Alexa by Louzie0
[Today at 12:16:54 PM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by WarszaVillan
[Today at 12:15:25 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by olaftab
[Today at 12:08:48 PM]

Diego Carlos by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 12:02:58 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 2-1 Blackburn Rovers Post Match Thread  (Read 18686 times)

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
Re: Aston Villa 2-1 Blackburn Rovers Post Match Thread
« Reply #105 on: April 01, 2019, 01:57:34 PM »
I tend to normally sit in the lower North Stand, but was in the upper Holte on Saturday.  What really was apparent from up there, was just how better we could be with two modern style full-back capable of attacking really well. 

There were a number of times where Taylor in particular had a lot of space in front of him, but hadn't got the pace to really drive forward into it.  Both full-backs also found themselves one-on-one in attacking situations at times, but didn't even attempt to beat heir man and just turned back. 

I don't think either Taylor or Elmohamady had particularly bad games on Saturday (and the latter is OK at getting forward), but I just think that two of the more modern type full-backs could really add something to the team going forward.

Think we need to consider bringing Tuanzebe back in and Hause to left back next game. Hause was very lucky to get away making a mess of an interception that led to their missed one one one in the second half. He isn't comfortable turning onto his right side at all. Taylor at his best is bang average anyway.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #106 on: April 01, 2019, 02:11:10 PM »
The frustrating thing is that this looks a couple of players away from being a very, very good team but if we fall just short of promotion we will have to more or less start again.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #107 on: April 01, 2019, 03:23:05 PM »
Nice footage of the JPA and Laursen visit.
A great camera angle for Tammys goal, and Laursen’s reaction to it is ace.

https://youtu.be/yzOeWELzAGQ

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #108 on: April 01, 2019, 04:31:51 PM »
The frustrating thing is that this looks a couple of players away from being a very, very good team but if we fall just short of promotion we will have to more or less start again.

If we were to go up, I think we would need a pretty major rebuild as well to be honest.  Presuming we signed Mings and Hause, I still think we would need a keeper, two new full-backs, a defensive midfielder, two wide players and a striker (presuming Abraham would be off) just in the starting XI. 

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #109 on: April 01, 2019, 06:16:33 PM »

If we were to go up, I think we would need a pretty major rebuild as well to be honest.  Presuming we signed Mings and Hause, I still think we would need a keeper, two new full-backs, a defensive midfielder, two wide players and a striker (presuming Abraham would be off) just in the starting XI. 

Yep.

Offline BC54 VFC

• GM : 29.05.2015
« Reply #110 on: April 01, 2019, 09:57:53 PM »
Two observations from me.
1. At times the atmosphere was incredible. The best for quite some time.
2. I looked behind me to see who was doing the Sky reports to discover it was the gorgeous  Michelle Owen ❤️ who was only about 10 rows back. I’m in love.

Yes she is gorgeous but she's from Church Stretton, Shropshire, so hands off!  ;)
Yes we know you guys shack up with cousins in that part of the Country.
I'm only an adopted Salopian though! ;D  Born in Handsworth Wood and proud of it.

As a dyed-in-the-wool export from England's largest landlocked county, I say back off of our wenches.

Ratlinghope dweller here and I therefore claim superior rights over the lot of you :)
Oh damn!  :(

Online dcdavecollett

« Reply #111 on: April 03, 2019, 07:07:26 PM »
Ridiculous that we were hanging on, though not desperately, at the end. We should have been at least three clear at HT.

We can't afford to be this profligate if we're going to go up; it'll catch us out in the end.

Offline berneboy

• John 3:16
« Reply #112 on: April 03, 2019, 08:10:38 PM »
2. I looked behind me to see who was doing the Sky reports to discover it was the gorgeous  Michelle Owen ❤️ who was only about 10 rows back. I’m in love.

Yes she is gorgeous but she's from Church Stretton, Shropshire, so hands off!  ;)
I'm only an adopted Salopian though! ;D  Born in Handsworth Wood and proud of it.

As a dyed-in-the-wool export from England's largest landlocked county, I say back off of our wenches.

Ratlinghope dweller here and I therefore claim superior rights over the lot of you :)
Married to Adam since September 2015, chaps.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #113 on: April 03, 2019, 10:24:27 PM »

Married to Adam since September 2015, chaps.

Let's hope she doesn't tempt him with an apple or the whole sorry shitstorm may start over again.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal