Heroes & Villains > Villa Memories

Orient 1 Villa 0 22nd March 1975

(1/3) > >>

Charlie8182:
Ok we lost this one at a time when pushing for promotion but good for the nostalgia I guess at a ground we haven’t played at since.

https://youtu.be/kD8kdSE-Lh0

PGW:
I was at that game...it was the last game we lost that season going unbeaten to gain promotion.
All the Villa fans were gathered under the TV cameras and were there in fairly large numbers.

A mate of mine invaded the pitch when they scored trying in some stupid way to get the game abandoned calling for other villa fans to join him
needless to say no-one did.....lets just say he didn't travel home with us that evening enjoying the hospitality of the local nick.

Pat McMahon:
I made my first trip to Wembley that day for an England v Holland schoolboy match. I was excited to see Wembley but asked my dad on the coach if we could go to Orient and he was having none of it.

Flamingo Lane:
Interesting.  And nice to see Bobby Mcdonald having a typically good game for us.  In my view, a hugely underrated player who should never have been sold.

wittonwarrior:
Allegedly bobby mc was a piss head reason for sale to Coventry.  The game the season before was also eventful 1-1 stopped orient from gaining promotion (Friday night) with Carlisle going up instead not many villa at all at Brisbane road that night

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version