Heroes & Villains > Villa Memories

Notts County 0 Villa 6 FA Cup 1982

(1/3) > >>

Charlie8182:
A big win away to Notts County who were in the top flight then, along with a David Geddis hatrick, and we played them again at their place in the league a week or so later and somehow lost!
I had these highlights recorded (without all the breaks in) just after we had a video recorder, along with the Tiswas flop OTT on the same tape, its funny what you remember!

clash city rocker:
Went that night. Clutch on my car played up so had to go back and a mate took his car. Didn't have a lot of petrol in it and then realised he hadn't got the key for the petrol cap. Only got to see 3 of the 6 goals.

ez:
I didn't go but I went the following week expecting a lot if goals and it was a boring 0-0.

PeterWithesShin:
During their 3 year top flight spell this was the only game at Meadow Lane we didn't lose. Overall we played them 9 times in league and cups and lost 6 and won only 3.

rougegorge:

--- Quote from: ez on March 24, 2019, 07:34:25 PM ---I didn't go but I went the following week expecting a lot if goals and it was a boring 0-0.

--- End quote ---
I'm sure we lost the following week as I couldn't believe it after the 6-0.. John Chiedozie?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version