collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jordan Lyden after 14 years Good bye and Good luck  (Read 4917 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Jordan Lyden after 14 years Good bye and Good luck
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2019, 12:13:40 AM »
Gone Fishing

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2019, 12:20:45 AM »
14 years ???  I'm sure I remember him coming into the U18s from Australia and taking the place of Malcolm Melvin.
I watched the Under 16s with Jack, Callum Robinson, Jordan Graham, Danny Crowley etc and He didn't play in that Team.
Although a reasonable player He never quite showed the quality required to make our first team. 
Good luck to him.

I quoting his Instagram and he's made it himself saying 14 years .
Is that by association ?
As that would mean he was 9 years old
Feasible if he had actually moved to UK by then but as stated and you say he wasn't in youth set up till 16 or so ?

Interesting he said 14 years and because of that it was a factor in such a thread and the scarification of childhood and warmer climes to come to villa.

Did Lyden hoodwink us or was it only allowed to be and once he was of fair age to sign for villa ??

Interesting 14 years or 7 years ? Not sure why he would double his amount of time from the 2012 recorded .

Good luck to him anyway as he did service at our great club

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2019, 12:23:26 AM »
So after being recalled and being injured ! Jordan Lyden has today announced his departure from Aston Villa Football Club through a post on Instagram.
His post :

jordanlyden
"Unfortunately my 14 years at Aston Villa has come to an end 😔 Ive had many ups and downs throughout my time here but it’s been a very enjoyable journey 😀 would like to thank every single person involved in the club for helping me grow as a player, a person and also sticking by me through my injuries! I wish Aston Villa the very best in reaching their goal of getting back into the premier league where the club belongs! One door closes...another one opens 👀😀 now time to start a new chapter 👊🏽⚽️"

Firstly Good luck to him moving forward  !
14 years at villa and 4 appearance first team.

He moved here on a dream from Australia and hasn't worked out to the level he wanted

It shows how tough mentally as well as physically the challenge of working as a professional footballer and It would have been some hard periods in growing and developing as both a footballer and person

Jordan Lyden was essentially brought up at Aston villa boy to man and now at 23 I wish him all the best in his career .

Hopefully he finds his level and suitably.

Players like Edna Stevens have shown how they have grown and become decent level professional players

I read about Gareth Farrelly and how he struggled and Chris Herd had difficulties too

Lyden would have had his challenges in everything that involves being a footballer , being injured and I started this post to pay tribute to someone who was developed at Villa and acknowledge that despite little first team pitch time and few squad involvement he did something many dream of in playing for the fantastic Aston villa.

Good luck Jordan Lyden.

Is there any particular reason why you always take up 90% of total available device screen space on every single post you make, by creating new paragraphs for every single new sentence?

It's always really, really bugged me. After refraining for such a long time, I now have to ask.

Sorry it must be my device I use a cell phone  rather than a desk top, lap top or tablet

Maybe this is why I didn't mean to cause that annoyance !

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2019, 08:40:16 AM »
Scarification...is that by the Red Hot Chili Peppers?

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2019, 11:13:18 AM »
We've had quite a few young players from Australia in the academy, could it be that we have/had some sort of youth base in Australia and the best of them were moved over to the UK when they were ready for the academy?

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2019, 12:41:50 PM »
Edna?
Chris Herd was someone whom I always thought had unfulfilled potential ... he probably needed a better manager than we were able to offer at the time (Lamberk, IIRC)

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2019, 12:45:01 PM »

Is there any particular reason why you always take up 90% of total available device screen space on every single post you make, by creating new paragraphs for every single new sentence?

It's always really, really bugged me. After refraining for such a long time, I now have to ask.
That has to be one of the most restrained but heartfelt rants I’ve seen on here, Kieron. 👏👏👏

It would have been even more convincing if you’d shortened the original post to make your point even more poignant 😁

Oh, and I agree with you!

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2019, 01:03:20 PM »
Good luck to him.  Seem to remember him playing under Lambert (not sure if that was his debut), so it has been a good while between since then.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2019, 11:04:32 PM »
I think Jordan made his debut against Wycombe in the FA Cup replay -as a right back!

Offline achilles

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2019, 11:19:44 PM »
I hope we don't start a new thread for every player who exits VP this summer! 

Not even good old Micah? He is leaving this summer, right?

Not necessarily, in talks about a 1 year player/coach role as he's so popular with the players.

You are joking, right?

Offline eddiemunster

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2019, 05:52:31 PM »
I hope we don't start a new thread for every player who exits VP this summer! 

Not even good old Micah? He is leaving this summer, right?

Not necessarily, in talks about a 1 year player/coach role as he's so popular with the players.

You are joking, right?

You better fucking be!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal