collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa v Boro post-match thread  (Read 29190 times)

Offline GordonCowansisthegreatest

Re: Villa v Boro post-match thread
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2019, 05:01:13 PM »

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2019, 05:01:27 PM »
6th as it stands, 8 games left. We have a pretty decent run of games now in front of us. Just need to keep going after the break. It won't be easy in the playoffs but if we get in we'll be going in very confident indeed.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2019, 05:02:42 PM »
Perfect result at just the right time, I appreciate some have no objections to the break, I just think at this time, momentum is a luxury best served hot, that said, let's hope the players have a good rest and come back even more determined for the run in, great result.   

I take your point, but we have momentum for entirely different reasons compared to last year. Under Bruce an international break was either a curse or a blessing because the runs we went on, good and bad, were seemingly random and based on not much thought. Now we know that when we have our best players playing, we're unlikely to lose against anyone in this league.

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2019, 05:03:52 PM »
That’ll do very nicely, ta very glad. Another clean sheet to boot (which always helps). Onward & upward! 😎

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2019, 05:05:21 PM »
Pity about Blose conceding to Preston at the death, would be good to shake them off. But it's amazing to think that 5th place is very much within reach when barely a fortnight ago we were all thinking a 6th placed position was an extremely long shot.

Offline BoVillan esq

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2019, 05:05:39 PM »
Perfect result at just the right time, I appreciate some have no objections to the break, I just think at this time, momentum is a luxury best served hot, that said, let's hope the players have a good rest and come back even more determined for the run in, great result.   

I take your point, but we have momentum for entirely different reasons compared to last year. Under Bruce an international break was either a curse or a blessing because the runs we went on, good and bad, were seemingly random and based on not much thought. Now we know that when we have our best players playing, we're unlikely to lose against anyone in this league.

Agreed

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2019, 05:06:55 PM »
Let's hope that from a  promotion run-in perspective we can be this years Fulham.  Well done all concerned.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2019, 05:07:10 PM »
Absolutely in control from start to finish.

Defence transformed in recent weeks, Mings is an absolute colossus and most importantly a leader.

Don't really want to pick individuals out because they were all excellent but Whelan in particular deserves a shout, bossed midfield from start to finish.

Offline eric woolban woolban

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2019, 05:08:13 PM »
So Blackburn next then the big one sheff w

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2019, 05:08:40 PM »
Perfect time for a break. It gives Jack a rest and he’ll need it.

Great few weeks. UTV.

Online jwarry

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2019, 05:08:53 PM »
Pity about Blose conceding to Preston at the death, would be good to shake them off. But it's amazing to think that 5th place is very much within reach when barely a fortnight ago we were all thinking a 6th placed position was an extremely long shot.

Mind the gap 😬

Offline BoVillan esq

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2019, 05:10:13 PM »
Absolutely in control from start to finish.

Defence transformed in recent weeks, Mings is an absolute colossus and most importantly a leader.

Don't really want to pick individuals out because they were all excellent but Whelan in particular deserves a shout, bossed midfield from start to finish.

I would love to pick out individual performances, I haven't seen a second of the game as yet, wholly reliant on the good posts of H and V to keep me informed, so, I'm sure your right well done Glen. 

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2019, 05:10:38 PM »
That performance was easily the best display so far this season. Total dominance from start to finish, an actual complete performance in both halves with the excellent Whelan who was superb running the show. Most of the players put in a real shift today and were solid 9's.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 05:19:03 PM by Goldie.7 »

Offline Gido82

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2019, 05:11:23 PM »
Very convincing bordering on easy. Nice to see players playing with such confidence. The question is how the f*ck are Boro in the top half never mind the top six! UTV

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2019, 05:11:42 PM »
What a fantastic few weeks

Quite unbelievable in fact.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal