collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Re: Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Re: Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: FA charge Villa and SHA  (Read 12072 times)

Offline adrenachrome

Re: FA charge Villa and SHA
« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2019, 05:26:14 PM »
From the Express and Star:

Both Villa and rivals Blues were charged with failing to control their players following a brief flashpoint caused by Maikel Kieftenbeld’s fifth-minute challenge on Jack Grealish, for which the German was shown a yellow card.

Smith described the FA’s decision to take retrospective action against the clubs as “inconsistent and harsh”.

He said: “Yes, there were players around the referee but I’m surprised there has been a charge because it’s inconsistent.

“Every time I watch games on TV, there’s three or more players around the referee contesting decisions. Not all charges are put up.

“Unfortunately ourselves and Birmingham, after I thought both sets of players kept a lid on it during the game and that was the only flashpoint. To be charged is very harsh and inconsistent.”

Blues boss Garry Monk agreed, saying: “In terms of the charge against the players and Aston Villa’s players I was surprised to see it if I’m honest.

“When you actually look at it I don’t think it’s an incident that’s worthy of that charge at all.”

Offline GordonCowansisthegreatest

« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2019, 06:53:25 PM »
Club Statement;Aston Villa is committed to making Villa Park a family-friendly, open and inclusive stadium and will continue to make our famous home a safe and friendly environment for all football supporters.

There have been a number of high-profile incidents in English football this season where verbal and even physical abuse has gone way beyond normal, passionate support. We at Aston Villa totally disapprove of this type of behaviour.

We encourage all of our fans to report to our numerous staff and stewards, or to our dedicated hotline post-match, anyone who is behaving in a way which is unacceptable to decent, law-abiding citizens. We will then identity culprits and show zero tolerance.

As part of this commitment to seek to make attending matches at Villa Park an enjoyable and safe experience for the whole family, we are announcing today that we will welcome U3s into the family section from next season as we strive to make the matchday experience a pleasant one for all.

We would also like to remind all supporters that any encroachment onto the playing surface, or any area adjacent to the pitch in which spectators are not generally admitted, is a criminal offence.

Come along, support the team and enjoy your day at Villa Park.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2019, 08:39:08 PM »
So Blues have been charged with failing to stop a fan encroaching on to the pitch. What about the charge of not stopping a fan from assaulting a player!  They are comparing what happened at St. Andrews with what happened at Arsenal.  The FA are a joke.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2019, 08:50:01 PM »
It is the same as the offence is going on the pitch, the assault is a police matter against the individual. Is how I understand it to be.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #94 on: March 15, 2019, 09:01:17 PM »
And the steward?

Online itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #95 on: March 15, 2019, 09:08:45 PM »
The FA can get fucked

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #96 on: March 16, 2019, 11:21:29 AM »
It is the same as the offence is going on the pitch, the assault is a police matter against the individual. Is how I understand it to be.

What I was trying to say is that just running onto the pitch should not be treated the same as running onto the pitch and attacking a player (or official).  If there is not a separate category in FA rules, there should be.

I'm from an era when fans regularly ran onto the pitch to celebrate their team scoring a goal or winning a match with no harm intended.  It still happens but the FA have clamped down on it on the basis of what could have happened.  What happened last week was far worse than that and the FA should not wash it's hands of it and say it is a police matter.  If they do, we will end up with what we have seen in other countries with somebody seriously attacked.

Offline Havencheese

« Reply #97 on: March 16, 2019, 01:39:52 PM »
Gotta love pathetic reactions to hysteria. I thought it was a commendable the way three Birmingham players instinctively tended to Grealish immediately following the attack but yes, lets look as if we're doing something as a totally pissweak organisation.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #98 on: March 18, 2019, 06:35:15 PM »
I see both clubs have got a £5,000 fine. Totally unjust that Villa got fined. Surely Blues will find it difficult to pay a £5k fine! It could tip them over!

Offline johnny from donny

« Reply #99 on: March 18, 2019, 06:41:29 PM »
To me, the incident involving Oxford and Bradford players this past weekend was far worse. Can't see the F.A. doing anything about that though.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal