collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by Footy-Vill
[Today at 10:45:35 PM]

Champions League Contention by Footy-Vill
[Today at 10:39:14 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by AV84
[Today at 10:33:34 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Footy-Vill
[Today at 10:31:35 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by The Edge
[Today at 10:26:27 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[Today at 10:07:52 PM]

150 celebrations by curiousorange
[Today at 10:05:45 PM]

NSWE Investment by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:31:36 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Forest v Villa Post Match Thread  (Read 22258 times)

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Re: Forest v Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #135 on: March 14, 2019, 11:42:55 AM »
I strongly disagree with some suggestions earlier in this thread that we should drop Steer for one of our other keepers. He looks our most solid and reliable option to me at the moment.

Absolutely. Until he fucks up, keep him in. Even then, he's doing well enough.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #136 on: March 14, 2019, 11:47:05 AM »
Same here. There is no reason to drop him.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #137 on: March 14, 2019, 12:14:22 PM »
There was a foul on him during the second-half - the one for which Milosevic picked up a booking - when he was completely scythed down running down the left-wing, and you can see a load of Forest fans in the front rows behind him jumping to the feet and shouting at him as though he'd dived. How he was supposed to stay on his feet I have absolutely no idea!

He bought that bravely. Players of lesser fibre would've let the defender concede the throw. Jack toed it past him, knowing there was a small chance he'd get away down the line, but a million times more likely he was going to get heavily clattered.

Bloke's fucking nails.

Offline jwarry

« Reply #138 on: March 14, 2019, 12:43:17 PM »
There was a foul on him during the second-half - the one for which Milosevic picked up a booking - when he was completely scythed down running down the left-wing, and you can see a load of Forest fans in the front rows behind him jumping to the feet and shouting at him as though he'd dived. How he was supposed to stay on his feet I have absolutely no idea!

Jack clearly has developed a reputation that opposing fans don't like and they hate him so much all reality goes out of the window, when its bloody obvious on the tele he is being kicked to fuck!  Of course it doesn't help when opposing players scythe him down and then complain to the ref which seems to happening on a  frequent basis now.  This just winds opposing supported up even more.  The good thing is that Jack seems to have the temperament to rise above it all and just smile.  I'm gobsmacked he didn't even get a sniff at the England squad

Offline fbriai

• GM : 31.01.2022
« Reply #139 on: March 14, 2019, 12:53:53 PM »

He bought that bravely. Players of lesser fibre would've let the defender concede the throw. Jack toed it past him, knowing there was a small chance he'd get away down the line, but a million times more likely he was going to get heavily clattered.

Bloke's fucking nails.

Very true. His feet are just too quick for a lot of players in this division, so he is able to keep the ball just out of their reach. As a result, they often end up mullering him, even if they were honestly going for the ball.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #140 on: March 14, 2019, 12:54:22 PM »
Jack is the biggest thing in the Championship. A bit like Ronaldo was in the Premier League so no doubt he will be fouled constantly and picked upon by other fans. Goes with the territory.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #141 on: March 14, 2019, 01:16:14 PM »

Yes I noticed the same thing and thought what a bunch of brain dead ****** they were.

Glad we're coming back into form anyway, imagine how good we'd be with a couple of good wingers as well. Most of the time, the players we have there are like passengers and we've still managed 3 very impressive wins on the bounce despite that.

Offline Fred Crump

« Reply #142 on: March 14, 2019, 01:23:36 PM »
Agree, Jarrod Bowen and Said Benrahma would do nicely....

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #143 on: March 14, 2019, 01:24:16 PM »
As much as the first game had almost everything  give me low worry, everything accordingly to plan standard win like last night.
Their goal was a bit flukey and once we got deservedly in  front it was only a matter of how many we won by.

Well done Dean for the game plan
Well done the players for following it

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #144 on: March 14, 2019, 02:04:51 PM »

Yes I noticed the same thing and thought what a bunch of brain dead c***s they were.

Glad we're coming back into form anyway, imagine how good we'd be with a couple of good wingers as well. Most of the time, the players we have there are like passengers and we've still managed 3 very impressive wins on the bounce despite that.

I'd say two good full-backs as well, along with defensive midfielder.  I do realise that is almost half a team!!

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #145 on: March 14, 2019, 02:16:23 PM »
Agree, Jarrod Bowen and Said Benrahma would do nicely....

We’ve had Bowen here already, released as a schoolboy.

Offline Fred Crump

« Reply #146 on: March 14, 2019, 02:23:01 PM »
I didn’t know that. We can add him to the list of ones that got away, I guess

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #147 on: March 14, 2019, 02:26:51 PM »
I don't think he was released, as far as I know he had a trial when he was 10 and wasn't taken on.

Offline Oscar Arce

• Location: Trinity Road Enclosure, just come through the gates for a 6d. transfer from the Witton End grassy bank to buy a Wagon wheel in the Tuck Shop under the stand
« Reply #148 on: March 14, 2019, 03:47:41 PM »
I strongly disagree with some suggestions earlier in this thread that we should drop Steer for one of our other keepers. He looks our most solid and reliable option to me at the moment.

Absolutely. Until he fucks up, keep him in. Even then, he's doing well enough.

Steer has been our best and most consistent goalkeeper this season and looks as though he actually has a little bit of bravery, which the other two definately don't have.
He's our number 1 as far as I'm concerned and fully deserved.

Offline DennisHodgetts

« Reply #149 on: March 14, 2019, 04:15:09 PM »
He actually came off his line to punch a ball clear, the others do not seem to have that in their bag! Seize this great chance Jed, you have had to wait a very long time for it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal