collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Forest v Villa Post Match Thread  (Read 22259 times)

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
Re: Forest v Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #120 on: March 14, 2019, 07:34:22 AM »
Great result. This is better than our previous two wins. A team in form, who have won four home games on the trot.
I just hope we can keep the run going on Saturday, if we do the rest of the teams in play off contention will start sh&^ting themselves. 

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #121 on: March 14, 2019, 07:39:53 AM »
Just back via Stoke.

We were a cut above Forest all night.

Bar 25 minutes in the first half where it got scrappy, we were generally excellent. Passed and moved it well, disrupted them and harried them off the ball, to a point where they were limited to long ball rubbish.

2nd half was a masterclass in game management. Never under any threat.

Silly goal to concede, Steer at fault, but Lolley should not be getting that far.

Mings a colossus. He's making a huge difference.

Brilliant atmosphere in the away end. What a glorious chance we have now.

'Tis music to my eyes! :)

The recent turnaround has been beyond my wildest dreams. Lets hope this momentum is now irresistible & can see us go one better than we managed last season.

UTV 

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #122 on: March 14, 2019, 07:44:14 AM »
We are coming into form at just the right time!

Offline fbriai

• GM : 31.01.2022
« Reply #123 on: March 14, 2019, 08:28:55 AM »
Could this be our Sheff U moment from last season? 

We played worse up there, admittedly.

But that win felt like a major turning point and we visibly grew in confidence from that point on.

I was talking with the old boy before the game last night and mentioned something similar. Thought that a performance up there last night would be the moment when we all start to really believe again.

Great stuff last night. Always looked in control of the game. Thought their goal was a fluke and, other than that, they didn't really have any other chances of note. We chased them down all night and never looked uncomfortable.

The defence looks really, really solid. Obviously Hause and, in particular, Mings, are playing well, but Taylor has grown in confidence with a run of games and playing alongside a solid centre, while I think that Elmo is a better all round footballer than Hutton as well.

Keep it up lads!

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #124 on: March 14, 2019, 08:37:33 AM »
Best performance for months.
Mings is just fucking majestic. McGinn and Jack are like salt and pepper, they just go together.
I still worry that any of our 3 or 4 wide players don’t offer anywhere near enough, with Green disappearing for most of that second half.

Given where we were 4 games ago, dare we dream?
Bit of itk here. Mings absolutely loves it at Villa and is hoping to sign a permanent deal if we can do it. Him and Hause were imperious last night. The whole team seem to be fighting for the cause and its great to see. Couldn't believe how much the Forest fans were having a go at Jack. One near us was shouting "Stop falling over Grealish you ponce" I couldn't help shouting back "he would if your players stop fucking kicking him" Happy days. Oh and great to see Sid in the pub before the game.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 08:42:46 AM by The Edge »

Offline fbriai

• GM : 31.01.2022
« Reply #125 on: March 14, 2019, 08:40:44 AM »
There was a foul on him during the second-half - the one for which Milosevic picked up a booking - when he was completely scythed down running down the left-wing, and you can see a load of Forest fans in the front rows behind him jumping to the feet and shouting at him as though he'd dived. How he was supposed to stay on his feet I have absolutely no idea!

Offline Breezeblock

• GM : 29.11.2024
« Reply #126 on: March 14, 2019, 08:41:09 AM »
Brilliant performance, most compact without the ball I've seen all season. Very impressed with Green tonight and thought Hourihane was very good. McGinn fired up after being dropped, superb. Kudos to Smith, team looked really well drilled tonight. Everyone did well, Abraham didn't have the greatest second half maybe but Smith hooked him.

Agree w all that

Should point out to you both that John was not dropped - he was suspended 2 games

Why did he come on as a sub v Blues then. Break has done him world of good. Refreshed for run in.
Think you might have been in an advanced state of refreshment at the blues game mate - He was suspended for two games :)

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #127 on: March 14, 2019, 08:53:05 AM »
a bit off topic but I noticed a Villa fan attacked another Villa fan with a blade last night . People are asking for witnesses .
there was  an argument on the coach. This coach runs past the bagot arms where the incident happened.

Offline TaxDodger

« Reply #128 on: March 14, 2019, 08:57:20 AM »
There was a foul on him during the second-half - the one for which Milosevic picked up a booking - when he was completely scythed down running down the left-wing, and you can see a load of Forest fans in the front rows behind him jumping to the feet and shouting at him as though he'd dived. How he was supposed to stay on his feet I have absolutely no idea!

We scored from the resulting free kick, so justice was certainly done on his detractors (again).

Offline badluckeric(gates)

« Reply #129 on: March 14, 2019, 08:57:23 AM »
Not getting ahead if myself but IF we get into playoff place i’d fancy us to come theough it. Momentum and all that.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #130 on: March 14, 2019, 09:47:50 AM »
I want us all to calm down, I am sneakily starting to believe again and only feel that if we all start getting optimistic, Villa will kick us in the balls like we know they can!!  But..........

Offline Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
« Reply #131 on: March 14, 2019, 10:18:52 AM »
a bit off topic but I noticed a Villa fan attacked another Villa fan with a blade last night . People are asking for witnesses .
there was  an argument on the coach. This coach runs past the bagot arms where the incident happened.

Yes, I saw that, slashed his face so scarred for life. Why was the culprit carrying a knife? Off his face on the white stuff I guess.

Unfortunately makes us no better than the neighbours.

Hope the scumbag is caught and locked up.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #132 on: March 14, 2019, 10:27:00 AM »
However that incident may not have had anything to do with the Villa or football. It's a general problem now all over the place.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #133 on: March 14, 2019, 10:37:03 AM »
I strongly disagree with some suggestions earlier in this thread that we should drop Steer for one of our other keepers. He looks our most solid and reliable option to me at the moment.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #134 on: March 14, 2019, 10:55:46 AM »
Brilliant result from the lads we have momentum now keep playing like we have and there is no reason why we can't do it I've said we will make the play offs at the start of the season so I will stick by that prediction hitting form at just the right time.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal