collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Rams fan view of the final  (Read 22147 times)

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
Re: Rams fan view of the final
« Reply #135 on: May 28, 2019, 11:59:15 PM »
I thought Lampard almost did a Bruce last season, gave us too much respect and tried to keep it tight rather than having a go until it was too late. Hopefully Derby can keep Lampard and use the loan market well and have another good crack at it. With Fulham keeping Scot Parker, Huddersfield looking quite poor I think only Cardiff will be massively dangerous from the relegated sides. Add in West Brom who should be top 6, Leeds again if the mad professor stays, maybe Bristol City and a couple more, but no reason Derby won't be in that top 6.

It was understandable really. When you lose to a team 3-0 and 4-0 in the season, its natural to want to curb your attacking instincts.

I thought Lampard bottled it a bit really. Wembley in May isn't a stage for veterans and I couldn't believe he went with Huddlestone/Johnson in midfield. No pace at all. Reminded me of Jedinak last summer.

Up front Bennett was miles out of his depth against Mings. At half time they were in huge trouble but again Lampard was very cautious making no changes until the second went in. He must have made three subs in 15 mins then, something like Bruce would do. All made an impact in fairness. Occasion seemed a bit too much for the likes of Mount, Wilson and Lawrence but their cautious tactics didn't help matters.

I really thought at 2-0 we were going to crucify them but nerves started to kick in.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #136 on: June 01, 2019, 12:33:59 PM »
My daughter and her boyfriend have just got back from a week in Cornwall. She said they watched the game in a pub that was full of derby fans. They had great banter during the game and at the end all the derby fans shock their hands and wished the villa well. In her words they were 'top draw' fans.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #137 on: June 01, 2019, 03:15:52 PM »
My daughter and her boyfriend have just got back from a week in Cornwall. She said they watched the game in a pub that was full of derby fans. They had great banter during the game and at the end all the derby fans shock their hands and wished the villa well. In her words they were 'top draw' fans.
I got chatting to a few at Wembley and my sentiments.
Decent folk.

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
« Reply #138 on: June 03, 2019, 01:14:45 AM »
I got chatting to a few at Wembley and my sentiments.
Decent folk.
We watched it in Joyce’s Bar in Madrid, about 15 Villa and two Derby based junior football teams and their families who were on tour so about 30 of them in total. Great banter, we did all the singing but nothing but respect for them and likewise them for us. Everyone shook hands at the end and wished the other well for next season.We all saw the game as a poker hand with winner going all in and taking everything with the loser going backwards possibly five years.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal