collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Meaning Evil. Stirring trouble  (Read 58124 times)

Offline Confusious says

Meaning Evil. Stirring trouble
« on: February 18, 2019, 01:49:09 PM »
Has anyone noticed the ambiguous titles that our supposedly local newspaper (Evening Mail)is spouting especially on social media just
to get people to click on them so I believe they can get more advertising revenue by more clicks. The outrageous bating of rival fans against each other also the shit stirring about our own players is unhelpful. What a shame they don’t promote the regions clubs in a fair light & resort to more harmonious & supportive comments, I will never forget the piece done when they went overboard trying to suggest the Villa team gave a Natzi salute to hitler. They appear to have an agenda to be controversial
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 05:08:14 PM by Confusious says »

Offline tomd2103

Re: Meaning Evil. Storing trouble
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 02:08:03 PM »
Has anyone noticed the ambiguous titles that our supposedly local newspaper (Evening Mail)is spouting especially on social media just
to get people to click on them so I believe they can get more advertising revenue by more clicks. The outrageous bating of rival fans against each other also the shit stirring about our own players is unhelpful. What a shame they don’t promote the regions clubs in a fair light & resort to more harmonious & supportive comments, I will never forget the piece done when they went overboard trying to suggest the Villa team gave a Natzi salute to hitler. They appear to have an agenda to be controversial

File alongside P. Franks, Radio WM.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 02:26:07 PM »
To store or to stir, that is the question.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 02:31:40 PM »
The Mail, like the Mercury and Radio WM are all from a bygone age.  I have absolutely no idea why anybody would click/buy/listen to any of them.  Obsolete as a form of credible news.

Offline wince

Re: Meaning Evil. Stirring trouble
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2019, 05:58:00 PM »
Does anybody buy this rag  or worse go on their web site? The former seems full of sad faced compo pictures and the latter is like visiting the second circle of hell. Total toss excuse of a news paper. And wm is there for the likes of me who rely on the commentary but other than that, white noise is more informative. At least white noise doesn't annoy as much as "beanie hat" franks

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2019, 06:14:47 PM »
Headlines like “ villa fans won’t like this pundits view “.  Oh do please fuck off

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2019, 06:16:57 PM »
Bill Howells "send us the bill for your broken chairs" article tells you all you need to know about that rag

Online CT Villan

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2019, 08:41:46 PM »
Most, if not all of them are like that and have been for a while. I used to check the Villa news at NewsNow, but the headlines are nothing but clickbait, so I don't bother anymore. I just come straight to H&V instead.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2019, 10:12:00 PM »
The only time I look is when people on here post links to stuff.  Without that I would literally never think of visiting. 

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2019, 10:13:24 PM »
....and, every time it looks and feels like some 'give me sport' style hideousness that makes my eyes hurt

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2019, 10:22:16 PM »
Awful site. Awful publication. Awful so-called journalist in Greg(g?) Evans.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2019, 08:42:52 AM »
Kendrick took good for 'em.

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2019, 10:37:46 AM »
Prefer the E and S coverage for a local source, shouldn't be the case that a Wolverhampton based paper is better than a Birmingham one for us.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2019, 11:05:13 AM »
Prefer the E and S coverage for a local source, shouldn't be the case that a Wolverhampton based paper is better than a Birmingham one for us.

Was just about to make the same point.  I find their reports are always decent and balanced, unlike our local rag.

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2019, 11:43:45 AM »
I am amazed how the Mail stays in business , i used to have a weekend copy sent up here to Liverpool just to keep in touch with events back home .I  cancelled at the start of this season as it just was not worth the cost The mail in my opinion has gone down hill since it was taken over by the owners of the Mirror

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal