collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Neil Critchley - Former Assistant Head Coach  (Read 31385 times)

Online nigel

Re: Neil Critchley - Former Assistant Head Coach
« Reply #210 on: May 24, 2023, 08:46:05 AM »
There was a lot of hatred and venom when he dumped them to become a number two. Now he’s been sacked twice and crawled back… it’s gonna take some doing to win a lot of them back over I think.

Didn’t realise that. Although upset he was leaving I thought they were pleased for him getting a big gig at Villa.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #211 on: May 24, 2023, 10:01:26 AM »
There was a lot of hatred and venom when he dumped them to become a number two. Now he’s been sacked twice and crawled back… it’s gonna take some doing to win a lot of them back over I think.

Didn’t realise that. Although upset he was leaving I thought they were pleased for him getting a big gig at Villa.

I had a quick look at their forums at the time and it was as Dogtanian said, they were incredulous and very very angry when he came here.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #212 on: May 24, 2023, 10:06:39 AM »
I think most people were surprised someone would give up a managers job in the 2nd tier to come here and be assistant, but with hindsight he was coming to be pretty much manager as his boss clearly didn't have a fucking clue, and on the evidence we saw, neither did he.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #213 on: May 24, 2023, 11:22:56 AM »
Can't believe we paid £1.2m in compensation to bring this guy in. He showed he's no Michael Beale.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal