collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Brian Evans by Scratchins
[Today at 08:23:18 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:13:33 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by algy
[Today at 07:57:27 AM]

Re: FFP by algy
[Today at 07:51:30 AM]

Re: FFP by Rigadon
[Today at 07:24:35 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 07:18:33 AM]

Re: FFP by rob_bridge
[Today at 07:02:22 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by JD
[Today at 05:32:46 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Shambolic Aston Villa vs Smethwick Post-Match Thread  (Read 45587 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Shambolic Aston Villa vs Smethwick Post-Match Thread
« Reply #210 on: February 16, 2019, 11:33:38 PM »
What gets jumped on is you boring everybody shitless by oretneisnf nobody is ever allowed to question the manager and seemingly revealing in us losing.

You know what bores me shirtless Going to games and watching pathetic performance after pathetic performance, after the honeymoon under Smith it seems there is 2 results loss and draw. It's like wins don't exist.

The thing I find hilarious is that the Cult Of Smith members will always say he isn't beyond question then will go on to explain why he shouldn't be questioned.

Not a single person is saying any of that are they. They question things and then say why despite that they are prepared to be patient. Even for you that shouldn't be difficult to understand.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #211 on: February 16, 2019, 11:33:43 PM »
What gets jumped on is you boring everybody shitless by oretneisnf nobody is ever allowed to question the manager and seemingly revealing in us losing.

You know what bores me shirtless Going to games and watching pathetic performance after pathetic performance, after the honeymoon under Smith it seems there is 2 results loss and draw. It's like wins don't exist.

The thing I find hilarious is that the Cult Of Smith members will always say he isn't beyond question then will go on to explain why he shouldn't be questioned.

Any minute now I'm going to find pressing the button that says 'Ban' hilarious.
'

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #212 on: February 16, 2019, 11:34:16 PM »
Smith's reign so far is a bit like that film "Awakenings".  Woke us from our catatonic state and all seemed good and positive for a while.  Only for the effect to prove very temporary and the patient to slip back into zombieland.   I hope the doctor has a long term cure up his sleeve.   

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #213 on: February 16, 2019, 11:36:10 PM »
I'm not sure throwing on Jacob Ramsey was too good an idea either. Don't get me wrong, he was fine and he didn't embarrass himself but I think maybe putting a kid like that on when we're 3-0 up in a game would be better rather than today. I didn't think it was the right time.
Regardless, he was better than than that ****** Hourihane.

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #214 on: February 16, 2019, 11:39:36 PM »
Lets be honest,while we have the likes of Hutton,Elamo ,Whelan and Hourihane playing we are going to struggle .In the first half it was obvious that they were playing on Hutton like all the other sides do.Their number 70,i think it was Murhpy should have scored at least once maybe twice .Kalinic i have to say i thought could have done better with both goals.Is that three goal less games on the bounce now, so much for Smith and his guaranteed to  score remark,more like guaranteed to concede sadly

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #215 on: February 16, 2019, 11:45:33 PM »
The first goal was a cracking header that I doubt many would have saved and the second was a deflection. He had a few ropey moments but I don't think he was to blame for either goal.

Offline Fin Feds Dad

• GM : 09.08.2016
« Reply #216 on: February 16, 2019, 11:46:36 PM »
The most gutless display in a local derby I have ever seen.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #217 on: February 17, 2019, 12:04:45 AM »

I assume you were not at Villa v Blues in 1986. Blues played crap but were still worth their 3-0 win. One fan from the Trinity shouted "Spunk (Nigel Spink) at one end, Semen (David Seaman) at the other, and 20 wankers in between!"

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #218 on: February 17, 2019, 12:11:28 AM »
How do you manage to get each of your posts even more cringeworthy than the last?

A cunning stunt, to be sure...

Online OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #219 on: February 17, 2019, 12:14:51 AM »
Hopefully next season we'll be back challenging or at least building. And hopefully, Luke UK, we can do so in a proper Villa shirt with blue sleeves. The novelty of looking like Hearts wore off very quickly and to me is another wound in a sour season.

It’s the least of our problems I know but I agree. This kit hasn’t grown on me one bit.

Looking forward to seeing the back of it and this season now. I just pray we don’t lose to Blose.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #220 on: February 17, 2019, 12:15:01 AM »
Salifou > Hourihane

Whether he deserved the reception leaving the field or not, he is fucking shit. He didn't help himself by trotting off the pitch when we were losing 0-2 either. He gets assists because he takes nearly all of the free kicks and corners. From open play he's a passenger and the game passes him by.

Offline dorsetvillian

• GM : PCM
« Reply #221 on: February 17, 2019, 12:16:47 AM »
A very hard watch. But after Tuesday, I wasn't expecting much. Difficult to see where DS goes from here, for the rest of the season. Maybe Jack will turn things around.  Can't wait for Stoke away next week??

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #222 on: February 17, 2019, 12:17:20 AM »
The defence looked stronger but with such a diabolical midfield in front of them its difficult to cope for ninety minutes. I want to know when the penny will drop that Hourihane is not a midfielder the pre-requisite is that you know how to tackle and win the ball he is an out and out receiver, boo him all you like but that's what you get by playing players out of position. When you look at the forward structure only McGinn shows the Hunger needed, without Grealish we do not have a player that can break the lines and that to me is the sole reason for the drop in results.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #223 on: February 17, 2019, 12:28:54 AM »
1 win in 14, another awesome game Smith is really a hero isn't he

And here you are on cue to gloat, and you still get every stat wrong.

OK 1 win in 13 (14 if you include the FA Cup)

Is that better. Hey because 13 is sooo much better, as it's only 13 in the league how wrong I was to question Smith he is our saviour

Do us all a favour and grow up.  Lots of frustration on here, work with people instead of being childish eh?

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #224 on: February 17, 2019, 12:35:06 AM »

I assume you were not at Villa v Blues in 1986. Blues played crap but were still worth their 3-0 win. One fan from the Trinity shouted "Spunk (Nigel Spink) at one end, Semen (David Seaman) at the other, and 20 wankers in between!"

I was at the 4-0 defeat at The Sty in Autumn '68.  Scarred me for life.

You people don't know how good you have it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal