collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Local teams in FA Cup Finals  (Read 3567 times)

Offline thick_mike

• GM : 26.02.2025
Re: Local teams in FA Cup Finals
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2019, 07:51:56 AM »
Dad knows someone with a villa/blues season tickets. He’s a former referee.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2019, 07:56:37 AM »
I’m sure I have a few Villa Cup related Sports Argus and Meaning Evil in my loft!
I’ll have to dig them out and see what I have.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2019, 04:56:07 PM »
I remember John Wile with the blood soaked bandage on his head in Albion’s semi (Ipswich? 1978). And also remember Kenny Hibbitt diving against Spurs to win the dog heads a replay in their semi final in 1981.

I remember dancing round my nan's kitchen at the end of one of those semis. You can guess which one.

On a similar theme, I wonder if any Villa one week/Blues the next supporters still exist.

I only ever knew of two and they were mates of my Dad and they had a business partnership as shop fitters. One was Villa and one was Small Heath and they had season tickets next to each other in the Trinity and the main stand at Small Heath. The first two games I went to at Villa Park in 1979 was by using their tickets.

I went to a couple of Small Heath games when I was (very) young with neighbours who had season tickets. I do know of a few people who used to watch teams on alternate Saturdays or midweek but I daresay the cost would be prohibitive now.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal