collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Brentford v Aston Villa Match Thread  (Read 40636 times)

Offline achilles

Re: Brentford v Aston Villa Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2019, 07:17:56 PM »
Presume that Tom Carroll is going to spend his time here much as he spent his time at Swansea on the treatment table, thank god it is only a loan!

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2019, 07:17:59 PM »
To be fair, we did see him play 20 minutes at Wigan, after 3 games in 18 months and in a desperate team performance, so naturally we should write him off.

Has anybody written him off?  Or just correctly stated that his was the worst debut in living memory?
Obviously didn't see  Ugo Ehigou's debut against Norwich..

Errr...

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2019, 07:19:10 PM »
To be fair, we did see him play 20 minutes at Wigan, after 3 games in 18 months and in a desperate team performance, so naturally we should write him off.

Has anybody written him off?  Or just correctly stated that his was the worst debut in living memory?
Obviously didn't see  Ugo Ehigou's debut against Norwich..

It.wasn’t.his.debut

Offline exiled on the wirral!

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2019, 07:20:55 PM »
Ok..one of his first games..I was there..it was a shocker

How about giving the lad a chance before we hang him.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 07:22:30 PM by exiled on the wirral! »

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2019, 07:27:35 PM »

You didnt mention his debut. You made an odd sort of mouse noise, which it seems reasonable to interpret as lack of confidence in his selection, based on a really small sample size.

How about a post like this.....

Thank f**k Dean has seen what we all see, that Taylor is at best a liability, and he's trying something else. Good Luck Kortney, show us what you're really made of. Come on Villa....

Online Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2019, 07:28:53 PM »
Good to see Jacob Ramsey on the bench, the B'ham Mail calling him the 'Wonderkid', nice of them to put pressure on a 17 year old.

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2019, 07:30:34 PM »
Yes, Adomah back in is a strange one, although he does at least provide a bit of cover on his side.  Can't help but feel that El Ghazi and Adomah is a monumentally ineffective wing attack at the moment though.

Before the European Cup Final, you'd have been the one saying ...."That Morley to Withe axis never looks good, and I wish we'd got some goalkeeping experience on the bench, that could cost us big style".

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2019, 07:31:22 PM »
Good to see Jacob Ramsey on the bench, the B'ham Mail calling him the 'Wonderkid', nice of them to put pressure on a 17 year old.

He is pretty decent.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2019, 07:32:50 PM »
Yes, Adomah back in is a strange one, although he does at least provide a bit of cover on his side.  Can't help but feel that El Ghazi and Adomah is a monumentally ineffective wing attack at the moment though.

Before the European Cup Final, you'd have been the one saying ...."That Morley to Withe axis never looks good, and I wish we'd got some goalkeeping experience on the bench, that could cost us big style".

Yes comparing Morley and Withe to El Ghazi and Adomah is a perfectly valid comparison and I feel suitably chastised.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2019, 07:35:14 PM »
Ramsey on the bench is a surprise but I really like the look of him, hope he gets on.

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2019, 07:35:32 PM »

Yes comparing Morley and Withe to El Ghazi and Adomah is a perfectly valid comparison and I feel suitably chastised.
It's getting like L6

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2019, 07:36:57 PM »

You didnt mention his debut. You made an odd sort of mouse noise, which it seems reasonable to interpret as lack of confidence in his selection, based on a really small sample size.

Thank f**k Dean has seen what we all see, that Taylor is at best a liability, and he's trying something else. Good Luck Kortney, show us what you're really made of. Come on Villa....

I'd be interested to hear which of our selection options at left back wouldn't have elicited an odd sort of mouse noise. 

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2019, 07:38:25 PM »

Was commenting on your seeming inability to see anything positive. Sometimes coming on here before the game just saps my enthusiasm. Who did you want to see? Kodjia again? Green who Dean has said isnt fit to be a starter?

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2019, 07:38:56 PM »

I'd be interested to hear which of our selection options at left back wouldn't have elicited an odd sort of mouse noise. 

Yep, this was my point....

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2019, 07:40:22 PM »

Yep, this was my point....

So you think they're all shit?  How very positive of you.  Twat.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal