collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Brentford vs Aston Villa: Pre-Match Thread  (Read 15737 times)

Offline dorsetvillian

• GM : PCM
Re: Brentford vs Aston Villa: Pre-Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2019, 01:43:45 PM »
Booked client meetings on Wed in London. My boss hates football so is completely unaware of my motives to be in the capital!

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2019, 03:13:25 PM »
Even though Smith knows their style, I'm not sure we have the legs and players to stop it, 2-1 Brentford.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2019, 03:56:14 PM »
Drove past their new identikit stadium on Sunday afternoon, can't see that being ready for next season.

Next season is their last at Griffin Park.

Ok that makes sense then.

Offline RichardBatchelor

« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2019, 09:39:32 PM »
We’re due a 4-4.

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2019, 09:45:27 PM »
Drove past their new identikit stadium on Sunday afternoon, can't see that being ready for next season.

The thing With  a new stadium how do you make it have the charm character and and intensity of the old one?

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2019, 09:49:30 PM »

The thing With  a new stadium how do you make it have the charm character and and intensity of the old one?
you don’t and sometimes it rips the heart out of the club, see jealous guys.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2019, 11:03:20 PM »
Dean Smith has got to try and build on the momentum of that comeback last Friday.  He needs to try something different, but I fear it will the same formation and selections again.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2019, 08:53:44 AM »
Has there been a pre-match Pravda presser for this?  Need my fix of an opening fifteen seconds of Dean joking and drinking and scratching his nose while our intrepid in-house reporter builds up the guts to ask him about how last Friday's comeback has the potential to be a catalyst and Smith replying that we had a poor first twenty minutes but after that there was nothing in it and now its two defeats in what, thirteen? 
Marvellous - #RonManager

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2019, 09:53:08 AM »
I never like "season defining" descriptions of games and writing off a target before it is mathematically impossible but tonight and Saturday may indicate what will happen for the remainder of this campaign.

Since Sandwell away we have resorted to dull, pedestrian, uninspiring football and the Manager has rotated a small number of the same faces with little difference to the results or way we play. The addition in defence has shored that up which is a plus but we still shipped 3 on Friday. As stated elsewhere we may have a bit of fizz following that startling comeback but the swashbuckling football of 'Boro and Derby away seems light years away.

Two wins are necessary, anything else will see us fall further away from the play offs and that acceptance of mid-table will become a greater reality. A reality which may become more stark if our performances see no improvement.

Offline Perthvillan

• GM : 25.08.2023
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2019, 10:50:57 AM »
The two away games against Brentford would be in the top ten of awful displays by us since we have been down here so going for an improvement just through the law of averages.
2-2 draw.
Let' s hope Jack is back soon.

Offline achilles

« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2019, 11:21:01 AM »
Brentford are just better than us as they play as a team, have passion and a tempo to their game and we have at the moment not a lot of anything, so a 3 - 1 away defeat!

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2019, 11:45:20 AM »
I'm mostly expecting another gubbing tonight, although I'm still hopeful of us somehow snaffling another point. Folk complain that this league is shite, but I think that's a conclusion drawn from our own level of incompetence. I'm just thankful that we've managed to amass enough points now for guaranteed mid-table mediocrity & not a potential plunge towards the depths. Meh.

2-1 Brentford.

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2019, 12:27:02 PM »
Well, some things you can't replace ... buildings that've been around since the year dot and so on.  I often think, though, that as far as new grounds go the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff is really nice and seems to generate an intense atmosphere, the couple of times I've been anyway.

Online Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2019, 12:30:16 PM »
I'm mostly expecting another gubbing tonight, although I'm still hopeful of us somehow snaffling another point. Folk complain that this league is shite, but I think that's a conclusion drawn from our own level of incompetence. I'm just thankful that we've managed to amass enough points now for guaranteed mid-table mediocrity & not a potential plunge towards the depths. Meh.

2-1 Brentford.

That’s the spirit.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2019, 12:49:12 PM »
The problem is that Smith is likely to go with the same system ( a midfield 3)and we just do not have the players for it.
The fullback situation is well documented, a weak midfield and also the wingers in front of the fullbacks have not played with any intensity.
He is unlikely to change the system so it’s difficult to see how we will get a result.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal