collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Sheffield United Post-Match Thread  (Read 30786 times)

Offline adrenachrome

Re: Aston Villa vs Sheffield United Post-Match Thread
« Reply #255 on: February 09, 2019, 08:40:49 PM »
The offside rule changes have made the officials' job very difficult. SAF and Wenger were on it from the start putting players in offside positions and then wandering back. We need linesmen with 6 swivelling eyes and drones with cameras to triangulate the coordinates.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #256 on: February 09, 2019, 09:17:23 PM »
The refs are crap at this level, yesterday’s was an arrogant little prick who got 3 big decisions wrong.

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #257 on: February 09, 2019, 09:22:09 PM »
The refs are crap at this level, yesterday’s was an arrogant little prick who got 3 big decisions wrong.
Nuff said 💪🏻👏🏻👍🏻

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #258 on: February 10, 2019, 12:11:06 AM »

Same ref as the wigan game, Smith didn't pull any punches in the post match interview on the clubs facebook page.

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #259 on: February 10, 2019, 01:16:18 AM »
In that Wigan game that referee gave Wigan the penalty for a dive ,i know because i was at that end of the ground near the front and saw it clearly .Strange how he missed two far more blatant ones on Friday night plus of course the offside and foul for the blades second goal .You start to wonder about some of the officials after some of the decisions given against us .The same referee i believe was the one who sent Chester off rather harshly against Preston earlier in the season
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 01:20:22 AM by pooligan »

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #260 on: February 10, 2019, 01:16:24 AM »
We need linesmen with 6 swivelling eyes and drones with cameras to triangulate the coordinates.
I think to correctly rule out their second goal and caution Sharp the Linesman just needed a pair of eyes.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #261 on: February 10, 2019, 01:20:50 AM »
We need linesmen with 6 swivelling eyes and drones with cameras to triangulate the coordinates.
I think to correctly rule out their second goal and caution Sharp the Linesman just needed a pair of eyes.

One for the offside and one for kicking the ball out of Kalinic's hands.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #262 on: February 10, 2019, 01:44:09 AM »

The goal should not have been allowed; I think we all agree on that.

As far as the offside decision is concerned, in the old days there would be no doubt whatsoever. The player is clearly in an offside position, flag up, end of story. Now however, it matters not whether he is an offside position depending on the phase of play and most teams deliberately put players in offside positions to distract the defence from holding a line. So it depends on whether the player is interfering with play when the ball comes back in.

As Bill Shankly once said, if he is not interfering with play, what is he doing on the pitch. In this case, Sharp was in the keeper's eye line but the assistant ref was either blind, corrupt, stupid, having a sneeze, fondling his gonads, thinking of his post match beverage  or looking at the various manhandling and sumo wrestling going on in the box. Take your choice.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #263 on: February 10, 2019, 08:38:32 AM »

The goal should not have been allowed; I think we all agree on that.

As far as the offside decision is concerned, in the old days there would be no doubt whatsoever. The player is clearly in an offside position, flag up, end of story. Now however, it matters not whether he is an offside position depending on the phase of play and most teams deliberately put players in offside positions to distract the defence from holding a line. So it depends on whether the player is interfering with play when the ball comes back in.

As Bill Shankly once said, if he is not interfering with play, what is he doing on the pitch. In this case, Sharp was in the keeper's eye line but the assistant ref was either blind, corrupt, stupid, having a sneeze, fondling his gonads, thinking of his post match beverage  or looking at the various manhandling and sumo wrestling going on in the box. Take your choice.

You could tell it was offside from the trinity road and we sit towards the holte. The ref didn't need the bloody linesman to tell him.

Offline Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #264 on: February 10, 2019, 10:54:33 AM »
Can anyone remember us scoring 3 goals after 80 minutes to get a draw/win. The only big comebacks I can remember were in 59/60 we were 4 nil down to Liverpool at VP and cameback to draw and the Spurs away 5-5 game in 65/66 when we were 5-1 at one time. Neither of those occasions did we score 3 after 80 minutes.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #265 on: February 10, 2019, 12:10:16 PM »
Didnt we do it in a european game? Vassell scored.

Offline Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #266 on: February 10, 2019, 12:30:34 PM »
Didnt we do it in a european game? Vassell scored.

Yeah great shout in 98/99 season UEFA Cup against Stromsgodset at VP we were 2 down at HT went onto to win 3-2 goals from Charles 83 min Vassell 89,90.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #267 on: February 10, 2019, 12:31:33 PM »
I’ll get me anorak.

Offline Smoke

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #268 on: February 10, 2019, 04:59:27 PM »
There is 0% doubt as to whether he's interfering with play or not he tried to kick the fucking ball!

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
« Reply #269 on: February 11, 2019, 01:17:48 AM »
Just a belated massive well done to Glenn Whelan, strode forwards, found players in a Claret shirt with his passes and celebrated like a puppy as we scored 👍

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal