collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:14:26 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 09:07:08 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 09:05:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:58:35 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 08:48:04 AM]

Re: FFP by cdward
[Today at 08:44:03 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Reading v Hard to Beat Aston Villa Post Match Thread.  (Read 31706 times)

Offline eddiemunster

Re: Reading v Hard to Beat Aston Villa Post Match Thread.
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2019, 05:07:51 PM »
I do hope Hourihane, Whelan, Taylor, Adomah and El Khasi never wear the shirt again....a Sunday League side would turn the fuckers over easily.....utter shite from the aforementioned yet again, but feckin Hourihane and Whelan and Adomah  will all be in the team next Friday....mark my words!!!
Promotion or the play offs......don't make me feckin laugh!!!

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2019, 05:07:53 PM »
We can't expect to win many if we only get two or three good individual performances per game.  The reason why we only get two or three is most of our players are quite limited and can't be relied upon to play well consistently.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2019, 05:08:15 PM »
11 points from 9 games since Grealish got injured at West Brom. Another season in this cesspit of a division beckons.

Better get used to it. Being in this division. And without Grealish.

Play offs we could sneak thanks to Tammy.

Don't think we have a prayer mate. I saw a thoroughly disjointed team out there today. Possession football has gone out the window, Tuanzebe and Grealish are big losses but the overall drop off in performances in unacceptable.

Whatever message Smith is giving them certainly isn't working and hasn't since that West Brom game.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2019, 05:08:35 PM »
We're offering virtually nothing out wide anymore. AEG is so weak.

If McGinn and Tammy got injured, we might as well pack the season in, if we haven't already.

Offline mike

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2019, 05:09:22 PM »
Well, I think I’m finally starting to give up on the play offs. Massively disappointed and I’m starting to lose faith in Smith. His results are no better than Bruce’s.

Fuck me, I’ve just realised Monk seems to be outperforming him too.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2019, 05:09:25 PM »
I am not putting any faith in jack being able to drag us up into the playoffs.
He won’t be in the team for another couple of weeks at the least and the damage will have been done.

Offline thick_mike

• GM : 26.02.2025
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2019, 05:11:09 PM »
Bizarrely, we are 4 points off the play offs...though the teams in 3 to 6 have a game in hand.

Thought Mings played well very assured on the ball (a bit like Axel was playing before he got injured). His partnership with Elphick looked solid, albeit against Reading. Carroll looked half a second behind everyone and a bit lightweight. Could just be a lack of match fitness, hopefully.

Attacking-wise, we looked toothless.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2019, 05:14:04 PM »
fair result. shit 1st half, much better 2nd half. Defence looked almost non-porous at times which is a plus, in fact they were better than the midfield and attack. Tammy was poor - those missed chances are why he's just off premiership class. Mings looks promising. Not the end of the world, and hopefully we'll see more of the newcomers against Sheffield United.

Offline LowerNorthStand

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2019, 05:16:58 PM »
11 points from 9 games since Grealish got injured at West Brom. Another season in this cesspit of a division beckons.

Better get used to it. Being in this division. And without Grealish.

Play offs we could sneak thanks to Tammy.

Don't think we have a prayer mate. I saw a thoroughly disjointed team out there today. Possession football has gone out the window, Tuanzebe and Grealish are big losses but the overall drop off in performances in unacceptable.

Whatever message Smith is giving them certainly isn't working and hasn't since that West Brom game.

I didn't see the game mate. Only updates on SofaScore. I will take your word for it and not surprised if we looked disjointed. Sounds poor considering it was against Reading. I keep having flashbacks to us routing Boro over Christmas it now seems like an another universe  :-X
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 05:19:07 PM by LowerNorthStand »

Offline Fred Crump

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2019, 05:17:39 PM »
Oh well , clean sheet I suppose and by all accounts Mings and Kalinic good today. Not much else to shout about

Kalinic sadly wasn’t good, but didn’t have too much to do. He came for crosses and waved them past. His distribution was good. But the defence overall looked good

Kalinic wasn’t good?
Woeful distribution which put us on the back foot several times
I’ve only seen him in home games but his distribution really worries me. Especially the way I think Deano wants us to play i.e. out from the back. I think he doesn’t have that ability on the ball which is a real worry for an expensive keeper. But still, sounds as if he made some good saves and I think kept his first clean sheet ( PWS will correct me if I’m wrong on that)

Offline Jockey Randall

« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2019, 05:21:15 PM »
Defence looked good finally, albeit against a toothless Reading. The wide players were poor yet again though. El Ghazi had a lot of good positions and didn't do enough and Adomah just hasn't been at it for ages now.

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2019, 05:22:36 PM »
Such a frustrating game that, Reading were really poor, there for the taking, and yet we were so flat, so bereft of ideas, confidence and style. I don't understand what's gone wrong. What do they do all week? Do they actually train?

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2019, 05:27:11 PM »
Defence looked good finally, albeit against a toothless Reading. The wide players were poor yet again though. El Ghazi had a lot of good positions and didn't do enough and Adomah just hasn't been at it for ages now.

Albert has lost his mojo big time. Maybe being deemed surplus to requirements by SB in the close season gave him the hump. 

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2019, 05:29:48 PM »
Wow. Unbeaten in 3. Were on a fucking roll.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2019, 05:31:56 PM »
Mings was good. First half was ok. Too cold to make sense of the second half. We have no midfield.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal