collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 875805 times)

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
Re: Tyrone Mings (confirmed as awesome)
« Reply #1185 on: June 08, 2019, 05:08:28 PM »
Where's all this rubbish coming from anyway?

When he's back from hols, I'm certain he'll be signed.

Offline Mellin

« Reply #1186 on: June 08, 2019, 05:15:08 PM »
The Dukes was a particular favourite of mine.  Especially on open weapons nights.

Ahh, The Dukes..
Me and a mate went there in the early 80's. Walked in and it seemed like everyone was eyeing the two strangers!
We did a quick walk in, turned round and came out. Scared us both shitless!

Opened again recently as Mallory's (?) and closed again after a knife attack

Medley's. Went once, never returned.

Offline Jon Crofts

« Reply #1187 on: June 08, 2019, 06:30:06 PM »
Northfield has some lovely pubs run by some very nice people.  Well Rednal does.

The one I used to drink in wasn't.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #1188 on: June 08, 2019, 07:46:14 PM »
Struggling to think of a decent boozer in Rednal - The Chalet used to be half decent I suppose
I have lived in Rubery, Bournville and Weoley Castle
Can't think of decent watering holes back then other than The Black Horse and The Stone
Used to drink in the King George V
Having left Brum 23 years ago I bet they are all demolished or turned into Chinese/Indian restaurants

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #1189 on: June 08, 2019, 08:00:22 PM »
Struggling to think of a decent boozer in Rednal - The Chalet used to be half decent I suppose
Can't think of decent watering holes back then other than The Black Horse and The Stone
Having left Brum 23 years ago I bet they are all demolished or turned into Chinese/Indian restaurants

Hare and Hounds used to be ok back in the day but as a place to meet mates mid week rather than a night out but haven’t been there in years. Black Horse is a Wetherspoons, The George was a Chinese but about to become a KFC apparently. Can’t think of a decent pub left in the whole area.

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #1190 on: June 08, 2019, 08:04:32 PM »
If she wanted value for money how about selly oak. Used to love the Dog and Partridge...Now that was a pub.

Not been the same since the Gun Barrels was demolished. Although to be fair I haven't been in since 1986. When I was 16, and it was round the corner from school. Always got served so long as we took our blazers and ties off. Back room full of "youths" all in identical black trousers and blue open neck shirts with a big pile of Adidas bags by the door !!

« Reply #1191 on: June 08, 2019, 08:11:01 PM »

Hare and Hounds used to be ok back in the day but as a place to meet mates mid week rather than a night out but haven’t been there in years. Black Horse is a Wetherspoons, The George was a Chinese but about to become a KFC apparently. Can’t think of a decent pub left in the whole area.
Where was the Hare and Hounds?
 Didn't there used to be one in Kings Heath?
I knew it as "The Hairy Mound"

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #1192 on: June 08, 2019, 08:18:01 PM »
Where was the Hare and Hounds?
 Didn't there used to be one in Kings Heath?
I knew it as "The Hairy Mound"
Yes, Kings Heath high street.  Better known as a music venue these days.  That was where we used to drink at lunchtime in the sixth form.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1193 on: June 08, 2019, 08:23:32 PM »
If she wanted value for money how about selly oak. Used to love the Dog and Partridge...Now that was a pub.

Not been the same since the Gun Barrels was demolished. Although to be fair I haven't been in since 1986. When I was 16, and it was round the corner from school. Always got served so long as we took our blazers and ties off. Back room full of "youths" all in identical black trousers and blue open neck shirts with a big pile of Adidas bags by the door !!

The Gun Barrels was the pub my dad would take me to for Sunday lunch when he came up to visit me occasionally at Birmingham University.  The Brook and the OVT were the big student drinking places in Selly Oak back then.

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #1194 on: June 08, 2019, 08:31:50 PM »

The Gun Barrels was the pub my dad would take me to for Sunday lunch when he came up to visit me occasionally at Birmingham University.  The Brook and the OVT were the big student drinking places in Selly Oak back then.

The OVT brings back memories too.

« Reply #1195 on: June 08, 2019, 09:00:52 PM »

When I lived in Bournville I used to drink at The Country Girl 

Offline charleeco7

« Reply #1196 on: June 08, 2019, 09:17:09 PM »
According to a AV Agent on Twitter we’ve had a bid accepted for Mings this evening. The guy is almost always spot on with his info.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1197 on: June 08, 2019, 09:18:40 PM »
Make it so. AEG, Hause, Mings all next week as the PL fixtures are announced

Offline Lastfootstamper

« Reply #1198 on: June 08, 2019, 09:22:20 PM »

Ahhh, the OVT, scene of one of my favourite wedding reception rumbles. Mother of the groom punched the DJ. Top night.

« Reply #1199 on: June 08, 2019, 09:39:57 PM »

Ahhh, the OVT, scene of one of my favourite wedding reception rumbles. Mother of the groom punched the DJ. Top night.
That made me chuckle - I think I can probably trump that ..... went to a wedding in Chelmsley Wood and the Groom was caught shagging one of the bridesmaids in one of the bedrooms in the hotel where the reception was being held - classy  eh?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal