collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 876335 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Tyrone Mings (confirmed as awesome)
« Reply #1110 on: May 30, 2019, 10:06:40 AM »
Most of the really popular (non local) players of recentish times (Mellberg, Laursen, Carew etc) have taken a while to achieve 'legendary' status.  Tyrone has done it in a few weeks.  Have seen lots of comments from fans of other clubs stating how much we're overstating how good he is.  Boy, are they in for a surprise.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #1111 on: May 30, 2019, 10:19:42 AM »
Fee rumoured to be £15m. I'd imagine even that will have a few clauses in. Bournemouth can't complain, they paid £8m and hardly played him.

In fairness I think he was injured for a long period

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1112 on: May 30, 2019, 11:07:21 AM »
Most of the really popular (non local) players of recentish times (Mellberg, Laursen, Carew etc) have taken a while to achieve 'legendary' status.  Tyrone has done it in a few weeks.  Have seen lots of comments from fans of other clubs stating how much we're overstating how good he is.  Boy, are they in for a surprise.

Well now, we will have to wait and see, but the evidence sure is that he's way too good for, as it were, 16th-26th in the Premier league.

Online Billy Walker

« Reply #1113 on: May 30, 2019, 11:29:04 AM »
Fifteen million with clauses attached to appearances etc. would seem fair to me.  Bournemouth would make a tidy profit and we would get a player with the hunger and desire to prove himself at Premier League level.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1114 on: May 30, 2019, 11:32:25 AM »
Fee rumoured to be £15m. I'd imagine even that will have a few clauses in. Bournemouth can't complain, they paid £8m and hardly played him.

That's the point really John.  He's managed to stay fit for 4 months and has been quite superb at Championship level.  We all love him for obvious reasons.  But signing him will be a gamble and under the circumstances £10-£15m should really suffice. 

Offline Zouch Villa

• GM : 12.02.2024
« Reply #1115 on: May 30, 2019, 11:43:39 AM »

That's the point really John.  He's managed to stay fit for 4 months and has been quite superb at Championship level.  We all love him for obvious reasons.  But signing him will be a gamble and under the circumstances £10-£15m should really suffice. 
I’m convinced Smith and Purslow will ensure we don’t overpay, but will also be very aware how crucial Mings has been to our turnaround both on and off the pitch. 

The man has very quickly become a fans favourite because of his performances, but just as crucially the way he has shown his belief and passion for the club.

If we fail to sign him because we quibble over an extra few million, there would be uproar.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1116 on: May 30, 2019, 11:44:08 AM »
I think some people on here need to take a reality check. The Premier League has moved on somewhat over the last 3 years. £20m is nothing for a top class defender. John Stones from Everton to Man Citeh for £50m I think? Virgil Van Dijk at £75m? The TV revenue has pushed up transfer fees and wages massively. Is Van Dijk 3 times better than Tyrone?
You mean the player who is mostly credited with winning 97 points for Liverpool and takes the field in a Champions League final on Saturday? Yes I would say he is.

Offline danno

« Reply #1117 on: May 30, 2019, 12:00:30 PM »
I think some people on here need to take a reality check. The Premier League has moved on somewhat over the last 3 years. £20m is nothing for a top class defender. John Stones from Everton to Man Citeh for £50m I think? Virgil Van Dijk at £75m? The TV revenue has pushed up transfer fees and wages massively. Is Van Dijk 3 times better than Tyrone?
You mean the player who is mostly credited with winning 97 points for Liverpool and takes the field in a Champions League final on Saturday? Yes I would say he is.

A more fair comparison would have been what Southampton paid for him. £13 million after full two seasons with Celtic and playing in Europe.  Love the emperor but he has only played 15 games or so.
   Prize shithouse Pontus Jansson was in the championship team of the year, I'd be interested to see what he's valued at.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #1118 on: May 30, 2019, 12:18:56 PM »

Sure but they still had no intention of playing him thus his loan to Villa.

Sky Sports News understands Eddie Howe is prepared to let him leave Bournemouth for the right price and Mings prefers a move to Villa.

However, they could face competition for his signature with the 26-year-old's form last season having got the attention of a number of other Premier League clubs.

Good luck to the other clubs when it's obvious Mings only wants to join one club.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1119 on: May 30, 2019, 12:31:35 PM »
I hope he does but we can't get into a £25m matching clause situation for a guy who hasn't played very much in four years - great as he was for us. I'm sure our recruitment team has other options. Mings at £15m yes, anything more, it's a reluctant no from me.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #1120 on: May 30, 2019, 12:37:45 PM »
I hope he does but we can't get into a £25m matching clause situation for a guy who hasn't played very much in four years - great as he was for us. I'm sure our recruitment team has other options. Mings at £15m yes, anything more, it's a reluctant no from me.

Just wait for Birmingham City to table a £100m offer thinking we'll have to match it. Ain't gonna happen. The deal will be £10-£12m with add-ons.

Offline Risso

« Reply #1121 on: May 30, 2019, 12:53:13 PM »

Just wait for Birmingham City to table a £100m offer thinking we'll have to match it. Ain't gonna happen. The deal will be £10-£12m with add-ons.

That's perfectly fair.  I won't begrudge paying them a bit more when he's captaining England and we're in the Champions League.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1122 on: May 30, 2019, 02:17:35 PM »
What's going to be interesting is how he reacts to playing in the much faster PL and how we react when it's not some forward from Leeds or Swansea come at him; but Salah or Aguero or Kane.

Offline Risso

« Reply #1123 on: May 30, 2019, 02:34:27 PM »
What's going to be interesting is how he reacts to playing in the much faster PL and how we react when it's not some forward from Leeds or Swansea come at him; but Salah or Aguero or Kane.

Or to put it another way, what will be interesting is how Salah, Aguero and Kane react when it's not Scott Dann they've got to get past, but Tyrone Motherfuckin' Emperor Mings!

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1124 on: May 30, 2019, 03:55:50 PM »
Mings has pace. That is what will give him the edge.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal