collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 875810 times)

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: Tyrone Mings - Confirmed
« Reply #900 on: May 12, 2019, 09:54:37 PM »
There's also the issue of the way Albion set up - it's specifically designed to disrupt their opponents' fluidity. And it often works, which is why so many managers employ it, the better ones adding the occasional spark of quality up front in order to nick something and then hope to kill the game. Allardyce is a rich man because of it.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #901 on: May 12, 2019, 09:59:15 PM »
I'm a bit worried he was struggling with his hamstring at for the last 10 mins or so.  Hope he's ok for Tuesday.  Any news?

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #902 on: May 12, 2019, 10:08:12 PM »
I'm a bit worried he was struggling with his hamstring at for the last 10 mins or so.  Hope he's ok for Tuesday.  Any news?

Dean said it was a tight hamstring but he should be ok for Tuesday.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #903 on: May 13, 2019, 01:19:27 PM »
I've just seen someone on twitter say it's racist to call Mings and Tuanzebe 'beasts' because it has racial overtones towards black players.

*head in hands*

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #904 on: May 13, 2019, 01:23:33 PM »
I've just seen someone on twitter say it's racist to call Mings and Tuanzebe 'beasts' because it has racial overtones towards black players.

*head in hands*

And getting pretty short shrift judging by the replies.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #905 on: May 13, 2019, 01:23:53 PM »

*head in hands*

I was reading the same thread on Twitter, Paulie, and just didn't know what to say.

Offline danno

« Reply #906 on: May 13, 2019, 01:26:38 PM »

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #907 on: May 13, 2019, 01:37:22 PM »
A few probably read this and just accepted it as gospel.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jan/21/paul-pogba-pace-power-rethink-bame-coverage
This stuff is getting so ridiculous it's beyond belief.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #908 on: May 13, 2019, 04:58:14 PM »
worrying the amount of goals Bournemouth are letting in

3-5
1-5
0-4
0-4
1-4
0-5
0-4

they will keep Mings . Howe would be an idiot to let the beast go.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #909 on: May 13, 2019, 07:16:38 PM »

*head in hands*

Utterly ridiculous wasn't it? He's moaning about some of the replies he has been getting now.

There's nothing wrong with Beasts anyway. The Craggy Island beast was great. He had four arses.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #910 on: May 13, 2019, 08:51:56 PM »

*head in hands*

Utterly ridiculous wasn't it? He's moaning about some of the replies he has been getting now.

There's nothing wrong with Beasts anyway. The Craggy Island beast was great. He had four arses.
We call our wee little lad the Beast from the East. I best not broadcast that via a tweet I suppose.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #911 on: May 14, 2019, 06:28:54 AM »
The Beast from Trentham East is one of the investigators that works for me. He is white, fat, bald and 45 years old.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #912 on: May 14, 2019, 07:44:50 AM »
I know it's a bit simplistic, as Elmo and El Ghazi were rested too. But for weeks we'd been functioning like well-oiled clockwork, we had a week after Leeds, we had virtually a week after til yesterday, and after Tuesday there's best part of a fortnight to the final. Hardly the most congested of fixture lists. Norwich weren't thugs, personally I'd have liked to see us maintain our unbeaten run and impetus.

Things is though Jack was unplayable after his injury and SJM didn’t miss a beat when he got his ban.

I put it down to nerves and West Brom tactics.

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #913 on: May 14, 2019, 11:45:37 AM »
Unfortunately this looks to be the same as Tuanzebe , another one who’s played well with us and certainly better than his parent clubs players in that position and their own clubs may be very foolish to let them go

Offline Diablo

« Reply #914 on: May 14, 2019, 02:57:07 PM »

*head in hands*
It quite obviously does have racial overtones if you look at history. Imperialist nations who went into African countries and stole their resources under the guise of bringing “civilization” and religion to the “savages” and obviously the slave trade both used crazy bullshit pseudoscientific scientific racism/race biology to support or justify racism/racial inferiority and racial superiority. Historically language was used to dehumanise people to say they are a sub species and therefore it’s ok to do this or that (despite their physical attributes). The term “beast” definitely supports that narrative and is a continuation of that language (that has been going on for 400 plus years) that’s why it’s arguably not appropriate language towards a black person in 2019.  If the term beast is said to a white person (eg Eddie Hall from Stoke) it doesn’t have that history/context attached.

All about history and context really.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 03:05:59 PM by Diablo »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal