collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 885072 times)

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
Re: Tyrone Mings - Confirmed
« Reply #720 on: April 10, 2019, 11:38:31 PM »
Scapegoat? Dont think theres anyone in the thread not giving the credit hes due tbh. He was poor tonight, and against Wednesday. And McGinn gets criticised for pointless yellow cards as well.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 11:40:03 PM by themossman »

Offline KRS

« Reply #721 on: April 11, 2019, 12:14:37 AM »
Ffs give Mings a break! Suddenly he's a scapegoat! McGinn has 13 bookings - no player is perfect!
SJM has 12 bookings.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #722 on: April 11, 2019, 07:03:33 AM »
Is an appeal likely?

Offline nigel

« Reply #723 on: April 11, 2019, 07:09:58 AM »
Will he miss Bristol game?

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #724 on: April 11, 2019, 09:48:04 AM »
Will he miss Bristol game?

Yes

Is an appeal likely?

No, it's 2 yellows so can't be appealed. All that could happen is that the ref reverses one of the decisions but that never happens.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #725 on: April 11, 2019, 09:52:20 AM »
What ludicrous rule. It was clearly the wrong decision

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #726 on: April 11, 2019, 10:22:56 AM »
It’s bollocks when you consider Boro’s Ayala had his red card overturned so he could face us recently, following a far worse offence.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #727 on: April 11, 2019, 10:30:09 AM »
For the first yellow card Mings was guilty of overplaying it in the middle of the pitch but he was hit in the back of the neck with a forearm (which I thought was a free kick) and I think that was what caused him to lose his head and retaliate. 

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #728 on: April 11, 2019, 10:57:17 AM »
For the first yellow card Mings was guilty of overplaying it in the middle of the pitch but he was hit in the back of the neck with a forearm (which I thought was a free kick) and I think that was what caused him to lose his head and retaliate. 
Indeed. That fucker has 2 pops at Mings in that move, a kick and an elbow. The free kick should have been ours before Mings reacted.
Their number 4 was a cheating, moaning, whinging, snidey fucker the whole game.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #729 on: April 11, 2019, 12:15:20 PM »
Indeed. That fucker has 2 pops at Mings in that move, a kick and an elbow. The free kick should have been ours before Mings reacted.

What was clear though was that Grealish was winding him up all night, as I saw several smiles and exchanges between the two of them. All sorted with a hug and handshake at the end of the game though.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #730 on: April 11, 2019, 12:27:41 PM »
Just watched the challenge again and Vaulks left a knee in at the same time as the forearm lol. To be fair to Vaulks as you say he was all those things/ well up for it all game (which as a fan of a team in a relegation fight is exactly what you want) - besides the fowling and whinging to the ref he scored their pen and took the long throws too. I put it down to the piss poor ref and his team letting him get away with it (even the Rotherham fans were booing the ref at half time when they were winning, despite giving them a pen and sending Mings off  - that's pretty impressive and just shows just how pish they were!!). That being said...what a game and what a ride!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 02:34:32 PM by Diablo »

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #731 on: April 11, 2019, 03:16:57 PM »
Unlucky with the penalty and second yellow.  How the ref could know whether it was a yellow is beyond me as he appeared to have missed  the incident and it was  the lino who looked to have decided  the incident.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #732 on: April 11, 2019, 06:40:29 PM »
Even if the ref is certain it was from his arm it's clear that he was intending to use his chest and had done everything you'd reasonably expect to get his arm out of the way, which is hard to reconcile with him getting a yellow card.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #733 on: April 17, 2019, 11:06:26 AM »
Play jedinak again v Bolton and not Mings who can come back in for Millwall.
Mings in last 2 games he started has dropped off in performance.
He was schooled by Fletcher v Sheff Wednesday the striker out thinking and out muscling constantly .
Also gave away the pen because of his poor position and defending .
Then  Rotherham he wasn't great though it was laugable his first yellow card for his challenge as didn't seem to do much ! but his handling was poor literally in leading to his sending off and giving away pen
He's given away 2 pens and for all his qualities he's been shown up and a bit of reality check
I think part of it is playing with Tuanzebe and adjusting new partnership after hause went off against Wednesday but he was severally caught out in that match and had a real struggle against Fletcher.
Like how mcginn didn't just walk back in jedinak should be keeping his place Mings made to wait and understand his errors have lead to goals and he has no divine right to be back in team.
I like to think he'll come back stronger and don't get me wrong I recognize his qualities and what he brings however players have to play way back in and Jedinak and Tuanzebe are the two.
If Mings was put back in Tuanzebe left out because he didn't head it out for goal against Bristol city and isn't as good as Mings
My point really is that we have a stronger squad and that players who fall out of team aren't as missed as much as we could have feared.
Indeed we actually improved v Rotherham without Mings anf maybe that was him being complacency . He may do that against Bolton but any of our defence think can cope with Bolton attack.
Generally I see Mings as a first choicer however walking back in to team shouldn't be cut and dried.
Smithy wanted competition for places and think that what we seeing
Good performances should be rewarded. Mings didn't do that in last 2 starts.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 11:09:24 AM by footyskillz »

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #734 on: April 17, 2019, 11:11:47 AM »
Can't agree Skillz, Mings straight back in for me!!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal