collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 877034 times)

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
Re: Tyrone Mings - Confirmed
« Reply #660 on: March 16, 2019, 11:59:14 PM »
Class act.

Offline KRS

« Reply #661 on: March 17, 2019, 12:07:27 AM »
It looks as though Mings signed a new Bournemouth contract extension in 2017, however we do have an interesting loan clause apparently according to this Daily Express article:

Aston Villa agree bizarre clause in Tyrone Mings deal after he completes medical at club

ASTON VILLA are set to offer a contract which includes an unusual clause to Bournemouth defender Tyrone Mings.

Aston Villa are currently overseeing Mings’ medical at the club, but the proposed deal contains a bizarre clause.

According to Sky Sports reporter Rob Dorsett, the deal includes a ‘matching option’.

That clause gives Villa the chance to sign the former Ipswich defender on a permanent deal at the end of the season if they match the value of the highest offer from another club.

Dorsett tweeted: “avfc have agreed terms with #Bournemouth over a loan deal for Tyrone Mings.

“It includes a “matching option” clause which means that Villa will be able to match any offer that comes in to buy him in the summer.

“He has completed his medical, and only finer points to conclude.”

Mings joined Bournemouth for an estimated £8m from Ipswich in 2015, but injuries have seen his opportunities limited.

The 25-year-old has only played 19 times in four full seasons, with his future at the Cherries looking bleak.

Eddie Howe revealed before the 4-0 win over Chelsea that incomings are unlikely, but Mings is likely to leave.

"We'll wait and see on what happens with Tyrone,” Howe said.

He added: “He's been unlucky since he signed for the club, so there's a possibility be could be an outgoing."

Mings could be in Villa's squad for Saturday's Championship showdown with Reading.

Offline CpF

« Reply #662 on: March 17, 2019, 02:14:57 AM »
So it will come down to Villa having to pay a massive fee to Bournemouth, even in the unlikely event that no other club wants him. And if they do it will depend on where he wants to be.

But if we win promotion I think it would be worth breaking the bank to try to sign him. First top class defender we've had since Laursen, and Laursen was as much a key player as Grealish is now.

Offline Nastylee

« Reply #663 on: March 17, 2019, 12:53:55 PM »
Let's be honest, Mings won't be anywhere the Championship next season. The only way he remains a Villa player is if we somehow go up. This was a get fit exercise that we are benefiting from but once he proves his injuries are behind him there are clubs higher up the food chain than us in pole position. Whether we like it or not, it's all about the Prem and we're not going to convince the likes of Mings, or Grealish for that matter, to keep hanging about hoping next year will be the one.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #664 on: March 17, 2019, 05:51:02 PM »
So it will come down to Villa having to pay a massive fee to Bournemouth, even in the unlikely event that no other club wants him. And if they do it will depend on where he wants to be.

But if we win promotion I think it would be worth breaking the bank to try to sign him. First top class defender we've had since Laursen, and Laursen was as much a key player as Grealish is now.

I suspect the clause is that there's a minimum fee (let's say £5m) that we can sign him for but if any other club offers more then the fee becomes whatever that offer is. It's the only way it makes sense for the clause to be in the contract, for me.

Offline CpF

« Reply #665 on: March 17, 2019, 08:26:00 PM »
I suspect the clause is that there's a minimum fee (let's say £5m) that we can sign him for but if any other club offers more then the fee becomes whatever that offer is. It's the only way it makes sense for the clause to be in the contract, for me.

You're probably right, although he's likely exceeded everyone's expectations to the point where big bids will line up and that figure effectively becomes meaningless. So to sign him for next season we'll need all 3 of: Winning promotion; Mings wanting to stay and Villa matching the biggest offer from other clubs. I think it's a long shot, but would love to be wrong.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #666 on: March 17, 2019, 08:29:58 PM »
Again, like Jack at this level, Mings is playing in the Championship against Championship quality forwards. Most of the teams are massively average and as we can see even the promoted ones often struggle. If we get promoted we will want to keep him and I imagine that will fetch a premium because of how WE value him. But as good as he has been and he’s been really good he’s not proven at PL level and will be priced accordingly.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #667 on: March 20, 2019, 08:56:00 PM »

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #668 on: March 20, 2019, 09:41:28 PM »
With this matching offer, does it mean we have to wait until someone actually makes an offer before we agree a fee?  This could end up going to wire if so.

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #669 on: March 21, 2019, 09:02:10 AM »
They’ll be looking for around 12-15 million apparently. He won’t want championship football and I wouldn’t have thought we could splash that much in current league ?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #670 on: March 21, 2019, 09:47:33 AM »
I love him. He's a beast, but not in the Michael Jackson sense.

Offline Uknowthescore

« Reply #671 on: March 21, 2019, 01:08:43 PM »

Great stuff really hope he signs.

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #672 on: March 21, 2019, 01:16:50 PM »
More impressed that Michelle Owen is involved ❤️

Offline D.boy

• GM : Jan, 2013