collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 876328 times)

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
Re: Tyrone Mings - Confirmed
« Reply #495 on: February 11, 2019, 07:11:41 PM »
Chelts.......are you ok hun?

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #496 on: February 11, 2019, 07:14:50 PM »
Sorry. This story has particularly got on my tits and footyskillz has as well. Unless he comes back for another round I am done on Mings now.

Dave is happy. I have an article to write for him!

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #497 on: February 11, 2019, 07:21:11 PM »
Sorry. This story has particularly got on my tits and footyskillz has as well. Unless he comes back for another round I am done on Mings now.

The "Cheesey Hampton" line nearly made me choke with laughter as I was drinking at the time!!!

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #498 on: February 11, 2019, 07:37:00 PM »
On wm tonight they read out a e-mail sent in by some bitter villa hating twat.

"Dean Smith is a hypocrite for slating the officials for allowing Sheffield uniteds second goal to stand. He's whinging because Sharpe allegedly kicked the ball out of the keepers hands. The keeper wasn't injured. Last week Mings stamped on a Reading players face injuring him badly. Smith didn't say a word about Mings assault. Hypocrite"

To be fair the presenter put him straight pointing out that it has been judged as accidental. Honestly I'm staggered at how fucking clueless some people are and they decide to contact a radio show just to highlight the fact.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 07:40:32 PM by The Edge »

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #499 on: February 11, 2019, 07:40:25 PM »

The "Cheesey Hampton" line nearly made me choke with laughter as I was drinking at the time!!!

Apologies!

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #500 on: February 11, 2019, 07:58:08 PM »
Chelts, bet you feel a lot better now, getting all that of your chest....better out than in !

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #501 on: February 11, 2019, 08:01:04 PM »
Chelts, bet you feel a lot better now, getting all that of your chest....better out than in !

Like a cleansing. If I had bothered to look here in the past week I wouldn't have had to 95 consecutive responses!

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #502 on: February 11, 2019, 10:41:12 PM »

Like a cleansing. If I had bothered to look here in the past week I wouldn't have had to 95 consecutive responses!

Ha ha

Offline Neil Hawkes

« Reply #503 on: February 12, 2019, 09:29:52 AM »

A spate of quality rants, followed by this quote, great stuff.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #504 on: February 12, 2019, 10:34:27 AM »
Cheltenham

You are of the view it was a complete accident.  Lots of people aren't so convinced - you only have to read the pages of this thread to realise that.  I personally think he could probably have avoided it if he really wanted to to - I know this is debatable but it's my opinion.  I don't want him to be banned and I'm glad he wasn't, but my own view is he's a bit lucky that the system doesn't allow a review. 

The fact that you see it differently doesn't make you a better fan or more loyal than those who aren't so convinced.

You post as if it's black and white and your opinion is the only one that is valid and he has been completely exonerated.  Just because it can't be reviewed doesn't mean the refs decision is correct.  Some people think it was wrong, in the same way we all think the Baggies hand ball goal was wrong and Sharps kick out the hands was wrong - the ref saw those once in real time too and clearly made the wrong call.

I agree with what you say about trial by media - the coverage has been OTT.  But it was a horrific injury and was always going to attract a lot of attention.  I think pundits are within their right to give their views, just as we are on this forum. 

It's not black and white.  He hasn't been proved innocent or guilty and never will be, it will always remain a matter of opinion.  I can see both sides but my overwhelming feeling is one of relief that there is no formal review.  I think it's time to accept that sometimes peoples opinions differ and move on.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #505 on: February 12, 2019, 10:51:39 AM »
I agree with all that, and also that it’s time to move on.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #506 on: February 12, 2019, 10:54:31 AM »
Fickle?  Who?  Us?

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #507 on: February 12, 2019, 11:20:28 AM »
No just a bit claret and blue eyed when it suits us.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #508 on: February 13, 2019, 10:44:51 PM »
I like him, one of the only positives for me.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #509 on: February 13, 2019, 11:40:50 PM »
Mings . Let's call him a tough competitor.

I think it was good to see what looked like an acknowledgement and hand shake /embrace with 'mopey' after match as he had a beef and battle with Brentford striker at times 

Shades of mellberg with his hoofs in the first half and particular at start I'm sure in part due to press of Brentford and lack of midfield option.

Was outclassed along with Elphick for the goal.
And sold himself twice including goal .

But he was a solid performer again .

Very decent for this level

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal