collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:58:35 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 08:48:04 AM]

Re: FFP by cdward
[Today at 08:44:03 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 08:31:47 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:29:13 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Scratchins
[Today at 08:23:18 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 875753 times)

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
Re: Tyrone Mings - Confirmed
« Reply #465 on: February 09, 2019, 12:37:21 AM »
It actually starts to make me feel nauseous now everytime I hear some other irrelevant ex player spouting off about it.  And also you watch the first thing he does tonight remotely like a foul he will get booked for.

Mings will be fine. He just needs to be extra careful about not accidentally stepping on people's faces, from now on. Three times, and people will really start to ask questions.
What kind of questions? It was an accident. Accidents happen. That's why there's a word for them.

Stepping on people's faces is pretty rare in football, despite the thousands of games that take place every week.

I'm suggesting that if one single player manages it three times, it might lead to serious questions. 😉

It's a contact sport.  Get over it, beside, the F.A. are a useless bunch of old middle England, politically correct snobby twats and even they thought it was an accident.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #466 on: February 09, 2019, 12:43:55 AM »
Did they? Where have they said that?

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #467 on: February 09, 2019, 12:47:17 AM »

He hasn't been charged, therefore, they are happy with the challenge.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #468 on: February 09, 2019, 12:48:37 AM »
Under the current rules they can't charge him even if they are 100% convinced it was deliberate.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #469 on: February 09, 2019, 03:13:11 AM »
Thought he had a very assured home debut, even taking in account three goals against. He has a sweet left foot which he demonstrated numerous times passing from far left to far right wing. Early days I know but very promising ....

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #470 on: February 09, 2019, 07:34:15 AM »
Until we stop looking like the Titanic at the back, the jury's out on every defender we own - and there are plenty of them.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #471 on: February 09, 2019, 07:49:04 AM »
Until we stop looking like the Titanic at the back, the jury's out on every defender we own - and there are plenty of them.

Frustratingly, the only 2 defenders I would like to keep hold of are not owned by ourselves; Tuanzebe and Mings.  The fact that we weren't able to secure Mings with an option to buy suggests that his parent club still see him having a future with them.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #472 on: February 09, 2019, 09:48:28 AM »
Mings and Tuanzebe has the potential to be a very good combination.  The big stopper and the more mobile passer.  A Southgate and Ugo for a new generation.

Offline kipeye

• GM : PCM
« Reply #473 on: February 09, 2019, 09:57:09 AM »
Mings and Tuanzebe has the potential to be a very good combination.  The big stopper and the more mobile passer.  A Southgate and Ugo for a new generation.
I think Mings is potentially in that class Risso. If we keep Tuanzebe it will complete the picture, but don't forget Chester has been playing while unfit and for me, Elphick deserves a lot more credit than he gets. Taylor is unlikely to improve and the full back areas are the most important to improve now-God knows we have had enough different ones in recent years and some of those are doing OK elsewhere. We need a Gidman/Swain type duo who can get up and down the pitch and cover the flank areas at the same time. I still prefer Smith to any of the managers we've had for some years now and hope that his team can start to build for the future.

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #474 on: February 09, 2019, 09:59:37 AM »

Frustratingly, the only 2 defenders I would like to keep hold of are not owned by ourselves; Tuanzebe and Mings.  The fact that we weren't able to secure Mings with an option to buy suggests that his parent club still see him having a future with them.
Mings def not option to buy , I thought he was?

Offline Villa75

« Reply #475 on: February 09, 2019, 10:00:15 AM »

He hasn't been charged, therefore, they are happy with the challenge.

That's not how it works.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #476 on: February 09, 2019, 10:03:02 AM »
If he can’t make the Bournemouth team then we have a very long way to go. Our best player last night.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #477 on: February 09, 2019, 10:07:30 AM »
I dont think they're in the class of Ugo and Southgate but Tuenzebe is still pretty young.

I thought Mings looked excellent last night though, i wonder how long it will take him to be dragged down to the level of the rest. Of course the other possibilities are that he gets injured or we don't sign him permanently for some reason. You could say the same about Tuenzebe, in the roughly 10 playing months we've had him here i think he's been fit for about 4 or maybe 5 and i think there is pretty much zero chance of signing him from Man Utd.
But, to end the days most negative post on a high, i would say that if we did keep them permanently and were able to keep them fit, they could definately become a championship version of Southgate and Ugo and should be as good as any other pairing in the league.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #478 on: February 09, 2019, 10:07:53 AM »

We do, there's been the suggestion of a very strange clause though where we have to match any other offers they get for him. 

Offline Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #479 on: February 09, 2019, 11:36:48 AM »

We do, there's been the suggestion of a very strange clause though where we have to match any other offers they get for him.

I've got a Groucho Marx suspicion of anyone wanting to join our club right now.  Far too many coming for the big payday and doing eff all.  I see Mingsey being an exception however.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal