collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 877013 times)

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
Re: Tyrone Mings - Confirmed
« Reply #330 on: February 05, 2019, 10:45:42 AM »
What about Mary Poppins kicking Neil Lennon in the face and getting away with it because England didn’t want him to miss the World Cup in France?

Poppins apparently threatened to pull out of the World Cup squad if they dared to ban him. Mustn't forget that important second layer of shithousery from England's hero.

I hated him. Every time we played against him he had the run of the penalty area with the ref tucked in his pocket. When was this dirty bastard’s history re-written?

I'm getting sick of the Poppins abuse. She may be racist but I think she's hot.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #331 on: February 05, 2019, 12:30:24 PM »
Le Tissier has made the valid point that if it had been Ming's child on the floor, he would have found a way not to stamp on his head.
Sorry but how is that a valid point? It's a clear attempt at playing on peoples basic emotions just to try and look clever and manipulate a witch hunt against one of our players. They're saying on talksport that Oliviera's wife has said it was deliberate so Mings should be charged with assault. I mean honestly come on people get a fuckin grip. There's not a chance that any guilt can be reliably attached to Mings. It's a contact sport played at high speed and with total commitment. Shit like this happens. It was not malicious in my view. Think about this, if Tyrone was a nippy little player like Vardy for instance, he may have been able move like the proverbial slippery eel and take evasive action. But he's not he's a fuckin great lump of a man. A better analogy would be "it's like expecting a double decker bus to handle like a sports car"
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 12:32:02 PM by The Edge »

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #332 on: February 05, 2019, 12:41:12 PM »
I don't think TheMalandro is being entirely serious.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #333 on: February 05, 2019, 12:46:18 PM »
I don't think TheMalandro is being entirely serious.
Damn. After i went to all that effort!

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #334 on: February 05, 2019, 12:55:54 PM »
Everyone is stating his previous against Zlatan. He got a five match ban. Does anyone know what Zlatan got for his throw, two "accidental" elbows and his attempted stamp?

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #335 on: February 05, 2019, 01:10:21 PM »
https://www.football.london/reading-fc/ex-reading-fc-striker-dave-15782510

Where do you even start with this?  He wants us to use VAR even though it doesn’t exist yet. And wants to change the FA rules just for this incident.

Offline avfcpg

• http://www.flashfitness.me
« Reply #336 on: February 05, 2019, 01:15:45 PM »
All this "he's got previous" crap does my head in....pretty sure Glen Whelan had a good game once years ago, but hardly makes him Zidane if he manages to have another good game..don't remember the calls for a ban for what was a very deliberate stamp in the play offs...oh and vs Brentford...

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #337 on: February 05, 2019, 01:18:38 PM »
Every man and his dog seems to have it in for Tyrone Mings .I have just heard that nobody Michael Gray on Talkshite telling us that he is sure Mings could have avoided the collision .What a load of bollocks,only Mings knows if he meant it or not .As for the comments of Kitson ,what else would you expect from a ex Reading player.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #338 on: February 05, 2019, 01:26:53 PM »
I may be looking at it through claret and blue tinted vision, but I don't see it as being deliberate.  Mints was off balance, didn't deliberately change the course of his movement and didn't bring his foot up in a deliberate stamping action. 

The seriousness of an injury is always going to magnify coverage about a challenge and questions about intent will be raised as a result.

Offline The Charmer

« Reply #339 on: February 05, 2019, 01:34:45 PM »

Where do you even start with this?  He wants us to use VAR even though it doesn’t exist yet. And wants to change the FA rules just for this incident.

'His column in The Sun', you say?
Fuck me, I'd better change my opinion then.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #340 on: February 05, 2019, 01:38:15 PM »

Football journalism is so stuffed with over promoted thick as pig shit ex players, you're always going to get this man down the pub level bollocks. Who cares?

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #341 on: February 05, 2019, 01:43:11 PM »
It was an accident as far as I can see but his overall performance was very good looking forward to seeing him again in our defence looks solid and I like him.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #342 on: February 05, 2019, 02:07:52 PM »

Football journalism is so stuffed with over promoted thick as pig shit ex players, you're always going to get this man down the pub level bollocks. Who cares?

"At the end of March I’m being inducted in to the club's hall of fame and that’s largely for our 2005/06 season in which we broke almost every landmark that had ever stood in the Championship."

And there you have it.  Stick your massively biased / attention seeking opinion up your arse.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #343 on: February 05, 2019, 02:12:38 PM »

"At the end of March I’m being inducted in to the club's hall of fame and that’s largely for our 2005/06 season in which we broke almost every landmark that had ever stood in the Championship."

And there you have it.  Stick your massively biased / attention seeking opinion up your arse.

and this...

"We won the league with an incredible record of 106 points and, so far as I remember, we did it without having to stamp on a single person's face."

what a twat

UTV
The Doc

Offline The Edge

« Reply #344 on: February 05, 2019, 02:36:16 PM »
Everyone is stating his previous against Zlatan. He got a five match ban. Does anyone know what Zlatan got for his throw, two "accidental" elbows and his attempted stamp?

Probably the sky man of the match award for standing up to that big bully Tyrone Mings.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal