collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 876103 times)

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
Re: Tyrone Mings - Confirmed
« Reply #285 on: February 04, 2019, 07:53:02 PM »
It was a horrible accident, maybe we should petition Oliverera for a ban as really he should not have falllem and put his head in mings path ?

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #286 on: February 04, 2019, 07:55:44 PM »
God and women eh? Who'd have em? (joke)

Common sense prevails.  No ban and justifiably so.  Halsey wants to slag current referee's off so it shows what wonderful referee he was, back in the day, when the game was slower and the Arsenal supporting 'do you want to take it quickly Tierry?' ****** was king of the hill.  Sad old twat. I do feel for the Reading lad, terrible injury, unlike the one I sustained through my eyebrow when the dirty foot up bastard sliced through my eyebrow.  Mings one was an accident.  Fortunately, for me, I'm still very handsome (also a joke).

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #287 on: February 04, 2019, 07:59:39 PM »

Common sense prevails.  No ban and justifiably so.  Halsey wants to slag current referee's off so it shows what wonderful referee he was, back in the day, when the game was slower and the Arsenal supporting 'do you want to take it quickly Tierry?' c*** was king of the hill.  Sad old twat. I do feel for the Reading lad, terrible injury, unlike the one I sustained through my eyebrow when the dirty foot up bastard sliced through my eyebrow.  Mings one was an accident.  Fortunately, for me, I'm still very handsome (also a joke).

Shut your noise, you sigh!  >:(

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #288 on: February 04, 2019, 08:19:21 PM »
I think he's off more on a technicality.  The ref saw it at the time and didn't give a foul.  That's not to say that if it was reviewed after the event they wouldn't have taken a different decision (a bit like in rugby where refs often change their decision on studying the footage on field or a the citing panel after the event).

I think we're lucky, but it's great news as he could be an important player for us.

It isn't a technicality, everyone of importance accepts it is an accident. And as for the "pray/justice for Oliveira" shit from earlier then words fucking fail me. From our own fans as well.

You don't punish the injury, you punish the offence. There wasn't even an offence here.

………………...

What is wrong with some people these days? A few years back I snapped someone's leg in a football match between two departments at work. I didn't get a lengthy suspension from work just because he would be off for a few months (I didn't do it deliberately either I might add).

Our rush to beat ourselves up is mind boggling at times.

DW - I was clearly about to take a mag writing hiatus given my last one but you can have a couple of pages on this and the kangaroo court of trial by Twitter for the next one.

I agree with you.  Virtue-signalling, moral outrage or whatever you want to call it, generally ignore the most important thing, the facts.  As DW said, somebody has to be seen to be at fault so people can comment and pass an opinion or, in this case, judgement.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #289 on: February 04, 2019, 08:23:16 PM »

Common sense prevails.  No ban and justifiably so.  Halsey wants to slag current referee's off so it shows what wonderful referee he was, back in the day, when the game was slower and the Arsenal supporting 'do you want to take it quickly Tierry?' c*** was king of the hill.  Sad old twat. I do feel for the Reading lad, terrible injury, unlike the one I sustained through my eyebrow when the dirty foot up bastard sliced through my eyebrow.  Mings one was an accident.  Fortunately, for me, I'm still very handsome (also a joke).

Shut your noise, you sigh!  >:(

Would it be terribly inappropriate of me to say that the only reason his wife has said what she has said is because she doesn't fancy him anymore? (joke, sorry!)

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #290 on: February 04, 2019, 08:30:35 PM »
I think he's off more on a technicality.  The ref saw it at the time and didn't give a foul.  That's not to say that if it was reviewed after the event they wouldn't have taken a different decision (a bit like in rugby where refs often change their decision on studying the footage on field or a the citing panel after the event).

I think we're lucky, but it's great news as he could be an important player for us.

It isn't a technicality, everyone of importance accepts it is an accident. And as for the "pray/justice for Oliveira" shit from earlier then words fucking fail me. From our own fans as well.

You don't punish the injury, you punish the offence. There wasn't even an offence here.

Can I also point out that footyskillz can piss off with what I read earlier as well. I ignore his posts normally and just tolerate him being here. But given he is back into Brice Jovial mode, where he seemingly wants to complain to all and sundry with his wanking off "Zlatan", outrage at a widely available photo being posted without his consent etc. I still haven't quite recovered from him reporting me to Villa years ago and demanding the removal of my season ticket for calling him a twat on here.

What is wrong with some people these days? A few years back I snapped someone's leg in a football match between two departments at work. I didn't get a lengthy suspension from work just because he would be off for a few months (I didn't do it deliberately either I might add).

DW - I was clearly about to take a mag writing hiatus given my last one but you can have a couple of pages on this and the kangaroo court of trial by Twitter for the next one.
The technicality is that it doesn't get looked at by a panel as the ref saw it once at full speed and didn't give anything for it.

In my experience refs don't get everything right every time.  I think if it was looked at by a panel a different decision may have been made.  That's not what I would have wanted, just my opinion of what may have happened.  I appreciate you don't see it that way, but clearly lots do.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #291 on: February 04, 2019, 08:36:06 PM »

Can I also point out that footyskillz can piss off with what I read earlier as well. I ignore his posts normally and just tolerate him being here. But given he is back into Brice Jovial mode, where he seemingly wants to complain to all and sundry with his wanking off "Zlatan", outrage at a widely available photo being posted without his consent etc. I still haven't quite recovered from him reporting me to Villa years ago and demanding the removal of my season ticket for calling him a twat on here.

The technicality is that it doesn't get looked at by a panel as the ref saw it once at full speed and didn't give anything for it.

In my experience refs don't get everything right every time.  I think if it was looked at by a panel a different decision may have been made.  That's not what I would have wanted, just my opinion of what may have happened.  I appreciate you don't see it that way, but clearly lots do.

You start doing that and you undermine the authority of the referee and that is the last thing the FA want to do.  How often do you see players deliberately use their elbow in a violent manner, the ref half see it and the FA do nothing at all.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #292 on: February 04, 2019, 08:37:29 PM »

If refs don't get everything right every time then let's have a panel looking at every decision in every match and changing every one they don't agree with. Or alternatively, accept that football is a contact sport played by professional sportsmen who are bigger, quicker and stronger than they've ever been, accidents happen and unfortunately so does moral outrage. 

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #293 on: February 04, 2019, 08:52:46 PM »
It’s not moral outrage Dave, it’s just saying if it was looked at by a panel I think he may have got a ban.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #294 on: February 04, 2019, 08:57:43 PM »
Isn't all this a bit OTT?  I mean, he never got banned did he?  As far as we know he never even got close to being banned.

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #295 on: February 04, 2019, 09:14:27 PM »
It’s just a few people discussing a football incident on a football forum.  I think we’re all relieved there’s no further action.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #296 on: February 04, 2019, 09:21:20 PM »
The other factor in sport that is too frequently overlooked is luck.  Blind chance.  Last year in the Tour de France on a fast descent Chris Froome got crowded to the very edge of a country road.  He hit a concrete post somersaulting harmlessly into a cornfield.  One metre further down the road he would have hit a five strand barbed wire fence at 30 mph and he would have needed more stitching than the Bayeux Tapestry.  So much is luck.

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #297 on: February 04, 2019, 09:30:52 PM »
Perfectly legit ,well it would be if this was 1970 and it was Norman Hunter doing the stamping.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #298 on: February 04, 2019, 09:36:58 PM »
What stamping was that?  I must have missed it.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #299 on: February 04, 2019, 09:37:44 PM »
The thing that's annoying me about this is the near constant use of the word stamp when people want to talk about it, as if they've never seen anyone actually stamp in their entire life. I can live with trod/tread which is far more accurate but anyone saying stamp has already decided it was deliberate and is intentionally trying to make it sound clearly so.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal