collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by Clampy
[Today at 10:01:36 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 09:59:18 AM]

FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:55:00 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Clampy
[Today at 10:01:36 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Ian.
[Today at 10:01:07 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by PaulWinch again
[Today at 10:00:56 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Richard E
[Today at 10:00:37 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Clampy
[Today at 09:59:18 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Gareth
[Today at 09:57:19 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by brian green
[Today at 09:55:02 AM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:55:00 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 876743 times)

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: Tyrone Mings - Confirmed
« Reply #255 on: February 04, 2019, 06:08:44 PM »
They can all fuck off, up the Villa.

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #256 on: February 04, 2019, 06:09:22 PM »
I think Halsey should be banned for shit stirring .How he gives his opinion on anything is beyond me,lets face it ,like Phil Dowd he was a shit referee

Offline Diablo

« Reply #257 on: February 04, 2019, 06:13:06 PM »
No further action. Just been on the old wireless
Thanks fuck for that.

I think I'm going to like this kid.
As I said the Ref was two yards away saw it clearly as accidental. Shame about he wife sounding so bitter and vengeful. Hope she clams down and understands there was no malice in it.
I've not seen what she's said but in her defence the injury looks horrendous and she is no doubt in shock. As you say hopefully he'll make a quick recovery and she'll accept it was an accident. 

Edit I've now just seen what she posted so please ignore my mutterings
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 06:22:45 PM by Diablo »

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #258 on: February 04, 2019, 06:15:37 PM »
I think he's off more on a technicality.  The ref saw it at the time and didn't give a foul.  That's not to say that if it was reviewed after the event they wouldn't have taken a different decision (a bit like in rugby where refs often change their decision on studying the footage on field or a the citing panel after the event).

I think we're lucky, but it's great news as he could be an important player for us.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #259 on: February 04, 2019, 06:15:56 PM »
Oliveira's missus has her say, she ain't happy:

melrodrigues22
Just want to say that Nelson is much better and he will come home tomorrow. It was a sad day for us and I hope someone will appeal for this guy get a lengthy ban!
There’s absolutely no excuse for his behaviour. He knew where his head was. Any injury is upsetting but something like this is just disgusting.
I hope something will happen, he can’t get away with that! He’s got previous!
Thank you all for the msgs, love and support

Well that's completely unhelpful and unfair.

It is but it gives you some idea where Oliveira's head is right now.

A fair chunk of it is still attached to Tyrones boot.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #260 on: February 04, 2019, 06:17:52 PM »

melrodrigues22
Just want to say that Nelson is much better and he will come home tomorrow. It was a sad day for us and I hope someone will appeal for this guy get a lengthy ban!
There’s absolutely no excuse for his behaviour. He knew where his head was. Any injury is upsetting but something like this is just disgusting.

I have much sympathy for her but what the fuck would she know about anything other than her hubbies face is fucked?

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #261 on: February 04, 2019, 06:24:24 PM »

melrodrigues22

I have much sympathy for her but what the fuck would she know about anything other than her hubbies face is fucked?

To be honest she probably knows more than we do given that she can talk to him directly about exactly what happened.

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #262 on: February 04, 2019, 06:26:24 PM »
I think the thing that was missed when people say he could have avoided his face, is that as it unfolds Oliveira was also moving as he fell. When you watch it, and I can’t think of a better way of putting this, his face only gets to that spot a split second before Tyrone’s boot.

So - at speed he is trying to guess where his foot needs not to land.

Anyway - not guilty now so we move on.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #263 on: February 04, 2019, 06:29:51 PM »

melrodrigues22

Women and football, eh? ;)

Online brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #264 on: February 04, 2019, 06:30:08 PM »
Reminds me of Unsworth's wife hating the Villa because her husband could not get home to Liverpool every afternoon for his tea.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #265 on: February 04, 2019, 06:32:37 PM »
I think he's off more on a technicality.  The ref saw it at the time and didn't give a foul.  That's not to say that if it was reviewed after the event they wouldn't have taken a different decision (a bit like in rugby where refs often change their decision on studying the footage on field or a the citing panel after the event).

I think we're lucky, but it's great news as he could be an important player for us.

It isn't a technicality, everyone of importance accepts it is an accident. And as for the "pray/justice for Oliveira" shit from earlier then words fucking fail me. From our own fans as well.

You don't punish the injury, you punish the offence. There wasn't even an offence here.

Can I also point out that footyskillz can piss off with what I read earlier as well. I ignore his posts normally and just tolerate him being here. But given he is back into Brice Jovial mode, where he seemingly wants to complain to all and sundry with his wanking off "Zlatan", outrage at a widely available photo being posted without his consent etc. I still haven't quite recovered from him reporting me to Villa years ago and demanding the removal of my season ticket for calling him a twat on here.

What is wrong with some people these days? A few years back I snapped someone's leg in a football match between two departments at work. I didn't get a lengthy suspension from work just because he would be off for a few months (I didn't do it deliberately either I might add).

Our rush to beat ourselves up is mind boggling at times.

DW - I was clearly about to take a mag writing hiatus given my last one but you can have a couple of pages on this and the kangaroo court of trial by Twitter for the next one.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #266 on: February 04, 2019, 06:34:01 PM »

melrodrigues22

Women and football, eh? ;)

Not at all what I was suggesting in case anyone starts!

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #267 on: February 04, 2019, 06:41:50 PM »

melrodrigues22

To be honest she probably knows more than we do given that she can talk to him directly about exactly what happened.

And how does he know if what happened was an accident or deliberate? Him and her knows as much as everybody else.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #268 on: February 04, 2019, 06:42:51 PM »

It isn't a technicality, everyone of importance accepts it is an accident. And as for the "pray/justice for Oliveira" shit from earlier then words fucking fail me. From our own fans as well.

You don't punish the injury, you punish the offence. There wasn't even an offence here.

Can I also point out that footyskillz can piss off with what I read earlier as well. I ignore his posts normally and just tolerate him being here. But given he is back into Brice Jovial mode, where he seemingly wants to complain to all and sundry with his wanking off "Zlatan", outrage at a widely available photo being posted without his consent etc. I still haven't quite recovered from him reporting me to Villa years ago and demanding the removal of my season ticket for calling him a twat on here.

What is wrong with some people these days? A few years back I snapped someone's leg in a football match between two departments at work. I didn't get a lengthy suspension from work just because he would be off for a few months (I didn't do it deliberately either I might add).

Our rush to beat ourselves up is mind boggling at times.

DW - I was clearly about to take a mag writing hiatus given my last one but you can have a couple of pages on this and the kangaroo court of trial by Twitter for the next one.

Hear, hear.  I thought it was just me.  What on earth is wrong with some people.  Bloke in contact sport connects at high speed with opponents face and said opponents face is cut severely.  And people want to ban us from showing the picture.  FFS.  Even fcukin tiddly winks is dangerous if one of the tiddlies bounces up into someone's eye.

Online KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #269 on: February 04, 2019, 06:44:11 PM »
So much for the Meaning Evil's speculation that he would get a six weeks ban.  Common sense prevails.

Sceptic Pegg Evans will be crying himself to sleep, the little sugerbag.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal