collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:11:07 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:07:44 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Hopadop
[Today at 09:57:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 09:49:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:46:02 PM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:45:14 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by TelfordVilla
[Today at 09:41:43 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by FrankyH
[Today at 09:34:28 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 876288 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Tyrone Mings - Confirmed
« Reply #210 on: February 04, 2019, 11:26:51 AM »
I have watched it over and over again and I just have this nagging doubt that there was some intention there.
Yes, Mings was tripped but he does appear the leave his trailing leg in there.
Maybe it happened so quickly he couldn’t pull away from it, but there is a little bit of a nasty taste here.

That's more or less where I am.  I think he's 'reckless' and could have avoided trampling on the player, even if just by falling over.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #211 on: February 04, 2019, 11:29:37 AM »
The reaction on Twitter is nearly as bad as when that Arsenal player Eduardo died and Fabregas the King, GP and cosmopolitan Arsenal season ticket holder had to blog about being roughed up by horrible midland types who he'd tried to fight out of outrage.

Online luke95

« Reply #212 on: February 04, 2019, 11:37:07 AM »
Nothing more than a unfortunate unavoidable coming together .
2 players off balance falling whilst chasing/tussling for the ball.

All the comparisons  to the zlatan incident are pointless , in that instance there was a bit of needle between the 2 , both on the floor, one gets up & tries to stud/stepover the other, easily avoidable. 
Looking like he'll be found guilty by social media anyway because of the previous incident .

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #213 on: February 04, 2019, 11:44:03 AM »
The reaction on Twitter is nearly as bad as when that Arsenal player Eduardo died and Fabregas the King, GP and cosmopolitan Arsenal season ticket holder had to blog about being roughed up by horrible midland types who he'd tried to fight out of outrage.

Also as bad as that time Alan Hutton brutally shot Shane Long in the face with a blunderbuss.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #214 on: February 04, 2019, 01:09:06 PM »

Also as bad as that time Alan Hutton brutally shot Shane Long in the face with a blunderbuss.

Nowhere near as bad as when George Boateng viciously headbutted Paul Gascoigne's left arm.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #215 on: February 04, 2019, 01:37:21 PM »

How anyone can claim Tyrone could make a conscious decision where to put his leg in the split second this all took to unfold is beyond me.

Slowed down i can see why people think it was maybe malicious but real life doesn't happen in slow motion.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #216 on: February 04, 2019, 01:44:23 PM »
Depending on you point of view it looks very bad (made worse by the nasty facial injury) or looks like he accidently stumbled and was off balance so couldn't have done it intentionally. Having watched it back a few times I think it was accidental and would give him the benefit of the doubt rather than a lengthy ban.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #217 on: February 04, 2019, 01:48:14 PM »
Accidental but he’ll be lucky to walk away from action against him which is our concern

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #218 on: February 04, 2019, 01:50:25 PM »
If the worst should happen, Mings can only get better.

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #219 on: February 04, 2019, 02:04:53 PM »

How anyone can claim Tyrone could make a conscious decision where to put his leg in the split second this all took to unfold is beyond me.

Slowed down i can see why people think it was maybe malicious but real life doesn't happen in slow motion.

That's my view too.  In real time it happened so quickly I can't see how he could have stepped out of the way.  The guy fell headlong under his feet, I'm not sure what people think Mings could have done to avoid him going at that pace.

Interesting too that the social media reaction is in stark contrast to the reaction of the players on the field.  For starters I don't think a man who'd intended to do that would immediately turn and summon the referee over.  Mings didn't behave at all like a man who'd lost his cool in the heat of the moment.  I also think that players know damn well when a foul is intentional, if the Reading players thought it was deliberate they'd have been incensed and they'd have piled into Mings in numbers, but there was no mass brawl and no attempted retribution in the rest of the game.  It looked and felt at the time like a nasty but accidental collision that was quickly dealt with; it seems that it was only when the photos were released that it became foul of the century.   

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #220 on: February 04, 2019, 02:55:26 PM »
Out of interest, was he done for it last time?  If so, what did he get?

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #221 on: February 04, 2019, 02:58:29 PM »
Accidental but he’ll be lucky to walk away from action against him which is our concern
The ref saw it clearly and took no action so there is no come back.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #222 on: February 04, 2019, 03:00:11 PM »

5 match ban.

Offline Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #223 on: February 04, 2019, 03:14:24 PM »

5 match ban.
Yeah and the concern is if he is found guilty this time, he's going to get an even longer ban I would imagine.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #224 on: February 04, 2019, 03:15:38 PM »
Oliveira's missus has her say, she ain't happy:

melrodrigues22
Just want to say that Nelson is much better and he will come home tomorrow. It was a sad day for us and I hope someone will appeal for this guy get a lengthy ban!
There’s absolutely no excuse for his behaviour. He knew where his head was. Any injury is upsetting but something like this is just disgusting.
I hope something will happen, he can’t get away with that! He’s got previous!
Thank you all for the msgs, love and support

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal