collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 876075 times)

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
Re: Tyrone Mings - Confirmed
« Reply #180 on: February 03, 2019, 09:05:10 PM »
Okay, Titanic sank, Britannic sank, the Olympic was a TKO.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #181 on: February 03, 2019, 09:06:20 PM »
It wasn't for the want of trying that the Olympic didn't sink.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #182 on: February 03, 2019, 09:11:13 PM »
If he does get charged we just need to accept that we lost and should get over it!

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #183 on: February 03, 2019, 09:18:06 PM »
I don't see how you could possibly prove that, Mings intentionally stamped on the player.

If pushed, I would say that he could probably have stretched his leg so that it landed past Oliveria.  However, as Mings does not change direction, nobody can ever say with certainty that it was intentional.  He has to be given the benefit of the doubt here.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #184 on: February 03, 2019, 09:18:38 PM »
Violet Jessup was a ship's nurse who survived the sinking of the Titanic.  She was also on board the Britannic and the Olympic when they sank.  To accuse Tyrone Mings of serial face stamping is like accusing Violet Jessup of serial ocean liner sinking.

Events must be judged on evidence not circumstance.  All the evidence points to to the incident being an accident.

Did she by any chance have a grandson who grew up to be a teacher in Walsall?

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #185 on: February 03, 2019, 09:27:20 PM »
For the people that think he should be banned regardles why weren't you calling for a ban for Cleverley when he hospitalised Grealish last summer? How about the countless other accidental collisions that happen every weekend? Should players automatically be banned if they're involved in a challenge where the other players gets hurt? Or is it just because it's the face/head? What makes something an automatic ban even if there's no evidence that it was dangerous or intentional?

All I'm trying to get at is I saw incident before i saw the picture and at no point did I ever think he would get or would deserve a ban for it.

Offline brian green

« Reply #186 on: February 03, 2019, 09:28:26 PM »
In 1966 when I lived in Balsall Common, I sold a caravan to a young chap who intended to take it to Belgium to become e a bike racer.  He lived in Malvern but said he would come on his bike to see the caravan.  Just outside Knowle he was going full gas with his head over his bars, not looking where he was going.  He rode into the back of a horse.  Horse bucked and planted a rear hoof square in the bike rider's face.  When we opened our door too him his face was like a smashed jar of strawberry jam.  We cleaned him up, plastered him up, gave a mug of hot sweet tea and two aspirins.  He paid for the caravan and rode back to Malvern.

If we participate in sport bloody accidents are an inevitability.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 09:34:39 PM by brian green »

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #187 on: February 03, 2019, 09:30:02 PM »
Wasn't there a conspiracy about the Titantic and an insurance scam for White Star Line or what have you?

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #188 on: February 03, 2019, 09:36:15 PM »
Wasn't there a conspiracy about the Titantic and an insurance scam for White Star Line or what have you?
They were thinking about it but it was shelved ......yes it was put on ice

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #189 on: February 03, 2019, 09:36:21 PM »
Violet Jessup was a ship's nurse who survived the sinking of the Titanic.  She was also on board the Britannic and the Olympic when they sank.  To accuse Tyrone Mings of serial face stamping is like accusing Violet Jessup of serial ocean liner sinking.

Events must be judged on evidence not circumstance.  All the evidence points to to the incident being an accident.

Did she by any chance have a grandson who grew up to be a teacher in Walsall?

Chuckles.

Offline brian green

« Reply #190 on: February 03, 2019, 09:38:21 PM »
Funny you should mention that Ads, that's your lawyer intuition.  All three of those nautical disasters were to ships of the White Star Line I think. 

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #191 on: February 03, 2019, 10:41:21 PM »
Funny you should mention that Ads, that's your lawyer intuition.  All three of those nautical disasters were to ships of the White Star Line I think. 

Scuttled for the wedge innit.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #192 on: February 03, 2019, 11:05:56 PM »
It is clear to me from the footage that Mings was not aware that their player was underneath him. He was looking in the direction of the ball.

If he is charged then we should engage the services of Bliar, Minger and Cooper to push for a Peoples Vote until the authorities get it right. We will fight them on the beaches and in the hedgerows all the way to the Cairngorms via the Trossachs.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #193 on: February 03, 2019, 11:26:28 PM »
I think he could have moved but didn't. However, I don't think he deliberately moved to stamp on him.

But we'll never know. Everyone is entitled to their view but unless you agree with me you're wrong.

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #194 on: February 03, 2019, 11:39:58 PM »
I've just seen the replay for the first time. I'd only seen the incident once, when it happened, and it's nothing like I remembered - I hadn't realised Mings basically landed on the bloke. I thought his reaction was telling, as was that of the other players. It looked like an accident at the time and it still does.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal