collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by Brend'Watkins
[Today at 09:42:19 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by LeeB
[Today at 09:38:02 AM]

FFP by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 09:14:08 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by dicedlam
[Today at 09:14:03 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 876722 times)

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
Re: Tyrone Mings - Confirmed
« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2019, 02:28:13 PM »
Maybe left sided centre half for a few games while Hause gets fit?

That would be my guess, give Chester a chance to recover.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2019, 02:50:27 PM »
As long as he's fit which Dean Smith says he is then I think he be very capable .

Hopefully coping well against the attackers coming up as have to face some of the best strikers in league .

Maupay, Sharp and Gayle, after Saturday.

Then stoke , derby, forest, Middlesboro.

How many clean sheets we getting there?!

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2019, 03:21:54 PM »
Smith quoted in the local rag that he intends to play Mings at left centre back.
Yeah just said in his interview that Terry was one reason he joined and he can help him in the same position he want's to establish himself in here. Wonder when Hause has a few more behind closed door games he might go in at left back eventually.

Hopefully JT improves as a coach .
Don't forget some say that we can't assume JT  has anything to do with our current shoddily playing defence .

(I think that view is because it's been awful ! JT can only be accountable for a successful defence so can't be his remit! But it's not been totally made clear )

Good to see our ambiguous coach having a positive influence in mings signing though

Literally no one has said that, a strawman argument that everyone would be praising JT if we were defending well is an utterly pointless one, the defence isn't good, so no one is giving him credit and no one is going to say they would be if the defence was good so it's a nothing point. All we know is that JT is part of the coaching team and that the team, collectively, has been unable to get the defence working in much the same way that Bruce was unable to. You can blame 2 separate groups of coaches or you can blame the recruitment policy that saw us with almost no options in defence. Now we have a couple of extra centre backs (and maybe more) we can hope to see improvements over the next 4-5 games. If that doesn't happen then it' fair to start looking at the coaching team, but collectively.

No one ?? well I said it and also I talking about anyone not just what's on here.

I can also look at the coaching team ,individuals and in any ways.
I can seek to question and put out why the coaching isn't working well right now and in this instance JT coaching.

It's a valid consideration and not attempt at any argument to say  credit could conceivably be given to JT if the defence was showing signs of being solid.

So similarly he can be questionned in his current failings as a coach in organising the defence .

What's your main reason for not challenging Terry for some (maybe not all) accountability for the shoddy defence?

The main reasons are because it's both unfair (it's only an assumption that JT is responsible for the defence, he could easily be there as a skills coach as he had a great reputation as a player for his work ethic in maintaining his basic skills) and doesn't really serve any purpose. The defence was shit before he arrived, the defence is still shit and we've just spent a transfer window recalling a defender and a goalkeeper and bringing in 3 new players back there (and a 4th for the summer), I think there's much more value now to looking at how we can line up and focusing on the improvements we want to see. If we're still in a mess in 2-3 months then questioning the coaching, and JT as part of that, starts to make sense but we all know that the defence was poor so lets see if the changes to add depth and balance tto the squad back there have been effective.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2019, 06:34:09 PM »
Ok.

Well  it would just be very nice to have some defence improvement sooner  than later .
I can certainly take on board being a bit more patient and the defenders themselves haven't been amazing .

But there have been some great performance defensive wise too , but far too little to mention.

I feel there could just be a more concern in outscoring and defence is a little neglected

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #79 on: February 02, 2019, 11:05:36 AM »
I've been led to believe that this deal has been part funded by a commercial sponsor - an energy drink company
RED Bull gives you Mings

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #80 on: February 02, 2019, 11:21:10 AM »
It certainly does.

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #81 on: February 02, 2019, 12:59:35 PM »
I've just seen the official interview with Tyrone on YouTube - & he comes across extremely well. I hope the lad can thrive now he'll shirley get some first team football, so fingers crossed eh? I remember seeing him play at LB when he was at Ipswich: and he was a class act. Presumably he'll be playing as a central defender while Chester recovers, so resuming a successful partnership with Mad Tom would be greatly appreciated. UTV!

Offline frank black

« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2019, 04:56:22 PM »
Looks assured

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2019, 05:02:25 PM »
Glad he did well.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2019, 05:05:12 PM »
but a shame we still look total shite overall

Offline thick_mike

• GM : 26.02.2025
« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2019, 05:12:00 PM »
Good debut Tyrone 👍

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #86 on: February 02, 2019, 05:14:34 PM »
but a shame we still look total shite overall

I swear people try to find a negative angle to everything.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #87 on: February 02, 2019, 05:39:23 PM »
Excellent. He's a proper defender. Thumbs up to Elphick too.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #88 on: February 02, 2019, 05:41:24 PM »
Excellent. He's a proper defender. Thumbs up to Elphick too.

Both looked very decent together. A lot more balance and they should get better over time.

Offline Uknowthescore

« Reply #89 on: February 02, 2019, 05:43:41 PM »
When Chester’s fit it will be Chester and mings as our main back 2

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal