collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 875782 times)

Offline Dazvillain

Re: Tyrone Mings - Confirmed
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2019, 06:37:46 PM »
Welcome Tyrone, the second cherry 🍒 in the back line. Stay fit and show us your commitment we’re all rooting for you

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2019, 07:18:44 PM »
Smith quoted in the local rag that he intends to play Mings at left centre back.
Yeah just said in his interview that Terry was one reason he joined and he can help him in the same position he want's to establish himself in here. Wonder when Hause has a few more behind closed door games he might go in at left back eventually.

Hopefully JT improves as a coach .
Don't forget some say that we can't assume JT  has anything to do with our current shoddily playing defence .

(I think that view is because it's been awful ! JT can only be accountable for a successful defence so can't be his remit! But it's not been totally made clear )

Good to see our ambiguous coach having a positive influence in mings signing though

Literally no one has said that, a strawman argument that everyone would be praising JT if we were defending well is an utterly pointless one, the defence isn't good, so no one is giving him credit and no one is going to say they would be if the defence was good so it's a nothing point. All we know is that JT is part of the coaching team and that the team, collectively, has been unable to get the defence working in much the same way that Bruce was unable to. You can blame 2 separate groups of coaches or you can blame the recruitment policy that saw us with almost no options in defence. Now we have a couple of extra centre backs (and maybe more) we can hope to see improvements over the next 4-5 games. If that doesn't happen then it' fair to start looking at the coaching team, but collectively.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2019, 07:26:51 PM »
well i guess we'll see. Hopefully he's up to the rough and tumble after his injury. welcome Tyrone

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2019, 09:54:10 PM »
17 games in 4 years.  Oh my god, we never learn.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2019, 10:42:20 PM »
17 games in 4 years.  Oh my god, we never learn.

Just read that and had the same reaction. Hopefully the medical was thorough and he is fit, otherwise he will make Micah Richards look like Charlie Aitken.

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2019, 11:25:43 PM »
Well I'll happily admit that I didn't expect an interview quite like this one. What a thoroughly level-headed chap, superb.

Very impressive interview.  Seems a level headed lad.  Maybe captain material if he sticks around after this season?

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2019, 12:19:36 AM »
There's a loucheness to him that I hadn't anticipated.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #67 on: February 01, 2019, 12:20:44 AM »
Another one I'm not that knowledgeable about but hope he does well.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2019, 12:22:15 AM »
Let's hope he can deal with that most devilish of tactics...the dreaded long, straight, ball.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2019, 01:20:27 AM »
He's very quick which will be an asset I just hope the medical was thorough.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2019, 09:09:20 AM »
Smith quoted in the local rag that he intends to play Mings at left centre back.
Yeah just said in his interview that Terry was one reason he joined and he can help him in the same position he want's to establish himself in here. Wonder when Hause has a few more behind closed door games he might go in at left back eventually.

Hopefully JT improves as a coach .
Don't forget some say that we can't assume JT  has anything to do with our current shoddily playing defence .

(I think that view is because it's been awful ! JT can only be accountable for a successful defence so can't be his remit! But it's not been totally made clear )

Good to see our ambiguous coach having a positive influence in mings signing though

Literally no one has said that, a strawman argument that everyone would be praising JT if we were defending well is an utterly pointless one, the defence isn't good, so no one is giving him credit and no one is going to say they would be if the defence was good so it's a nothing point. All we know is that JT is part of the coaching team and that the team, collectively, has been unable to get the defence working in much the same way that Bruce was unable to. You can blame 2 separate groups of coaches or you can blame the recruitment policy that saw us with almost no options in defence. Now we have a couple of extra centre backs (and maybe more) we can hope to see improvements over the next 4-5 games. If that doesn't happen then it' fair to start looking at the coaching team, but collectively.

No one ?? well I said it and also I talking about anyone not just what's on here.

I can also look at the coaching team ,individuals and in any ways.
I can seek to question and put out why the coaching isn't working well right now and in this instance JT coaching.

It's a valid consideration and not attempt at any argument to say  credit could conceivably be given to JT if the defence was showing signs of being solid.

So similarly he can be questionned in his current failings as a coach in organising the defence .

What's your main reason for not challenging Terry for some (maybe not all) accountability for the shoddy defence?

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2019, 09:55:40 AM »
What a likeable bloke.  Really hope he can stay fit.

Offline The Charmer

« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2019, 10:31:14 AM »
Very good interview.

I really hope he does well and he kicks-on and proves to be one of the players we've been searching for.

I've like him since he, accidentally, stood on Costa's head in the game against Chelsea.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2019, 12:06:17 PM »
Maybe left sided centre half for a few games while Hause gets fit?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2019, 01:16:58 PM »
Maybe left sided centre half for a few games while Hause gets fit?

He's only played about 50 minutes of football himself for most of December and none at all in January, so would imagine he's not exactly match fit himself.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal