collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 876129 times)

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
Re: Tyrone Mings - Confirmed
« Reply #480 on: February 09, 2019, 07:53:28 PM »
Those who look at the stats would know better but I can't recall a single pass from Mings not reaching the target, I wonder if he could be used in a central defensive midfield role until next season.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #481 on: February 09, 2019, 07:55:29 PM »
Those who look at the stats would know better but I can't recall a single pass from Mings not reaching the target, I wonder if he could be used in a central defensive midfield role until next season.

Where would that leave the defence?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #482 on: February 09, 2019, 07:58:58 PM »
54 passes with a 79.6% PA last night. Against Reading it was 45 passes with 80% PA.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #483 on: February 10, 2019, 08:35:06 AM »
He tries adventurous passes but his first one didn't come off, ball out to El Ghazi IIRC.

Really does look the business.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #484 on: February 10, 2019, 08:39:14 AM »
He does doesn't he?

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #485 on: February 10, 2019, 10:52:26 AM »
He is exactly what we’ve been missing. An absolute man mountain. Hope to god we can get him on a perm deal however I suspect if he shows the football world he can stay fit then he will have larger offers than us come the summer unfortunately

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #486 on: February 10, 2019, 01:17:41 PM »
I'm definitely satisfied with his performances so far just what we have lacked hopefully we can sign him up permanently.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #487 on: February 10, 2019, 03:26:17 PM »

I'm already convinced he's a different class to our other CBs. Just wish we'd got that buy clause inserted and a fee agreed.

If (big if) we have money to spend in the summer signing him and Axel and a left back would be priority number one

Mind you, we also need a couple of strikers, at least 1 winger, couple of midfielders

It's going to be a brutal rebuild especially if we have a small budget

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #488 on: February 11, 2019, 06:41:56 PM »
It's the lack of a hop, skip or jump in trying to step away that gets me.
And that this is a repeat offense

If he was playing for Reading and did this to Tammy Abraham then majority would be saying he should be banned.

Why would all these ex players and refs be saying he should be banned ? Are they all wrong ??

As yes it's people's interpretation of the incident , however those that play the game would know that seemed little concerted effort to step out the way.

I not liking all these doubled standard and blinkered opinions coming up on this thread.

Let's accept what he did was wrong and that hopefully he can learn to be more sporting

People have dismissed any view that remotely suggest it could have been deliberate either by the ex footballers and refs that play the  game and even by Oliveira wife.

Oliveria wife has made her comments and people have dismissed it.

Lack of compassion and sporting appreciation is shocking on here.

Really no need for so much dismissiveness
And should be thanking that Mings has got away with this act.

How about you bugger off with the supercilious crap? "Let's all agree I am right, he is lucky he didn't get the electric chair and move on". You can presume him guilty if you wish, I call bullshit.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #489 on: February 11, 2019, 06:45:10 PM »
He does hop on his left foot, twice. He has to put his right foot down.

It is not a repeat offence, as no offence has been committed.

You don't know what anybody would be saying. Utter, baseless conjecture.

Twitter is a platform for those seeking instant gratification in a black or white, worst ever or best ever society. Devoid of thinking, if you were to read comments on social media as a bellwether, then we're surely and quite rightly doomed as a species.

Tyrone Mings plays the game. He knows the impossibility of defying the laws if physics in a split second. He says it was an accident. I'd rather listen to him than drunk driving fools or absolute no marks.

Ok well as long as you would take that view if he had did it to Tammy Abraham when playing for Reading

You are quite literally one of only a handful of people here who have decided that it would be a different argument (and from fucking all of us I might add) had our player been injured in the same incident.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #490 on: February 11, 2019, 06:49:19 PM »
It's the lack of a hop, skip or jump in trying to step away that gets me.
And that this is a repeat offense

If he was playing for Reading and did this then majority would be saying he should be banned.

Why would all these ex players and refs be saying he should be banned .

As yes it's people's interpretation of the incident , however those that play the game would know that there was a concerted effort to step out the way.

Footy, let me explain it to you like this: I am an ex-referee who officiated at a relatively high standard.  I have viewed this incident just the once the same as the referee on the day, and that was deliberately so as to have an objective view.  As I have posted previously had I been the referee on Saturday I would have seen the incident exactly the way I imagine the match referee saw it and carried on playing.  The only reason I would have stopped play would be when my attention was drawn to the fact that there was  possibility  a serious injury.  It was unfortunate for the Reading player but Mings was blameless, I've seen and dealt with a lot worse.  I'm particularly clever but one thing I do know is that I was a fairly decent referee, I have awards for it.  It's really time to let it go.

Yes I let it go just responding to all the stuff I read on here.
No worries here.
I respect your response
As I say he wouldn't get a character reference in court as he is a repeat offender.
But ok I hear what your interpretation and I will let go.
I felt I needed to respond or bite to what I think were some quite stony-hearted responses to a man having his face smashed.

But yes. No more from me on this matter.
Cheers Dave Good to hear your refs view and consideration to matter based on your undoubtedly experience and that's good enough from me to accept that it could have been an accident .
Thanks.

Up the villa.

You wouldn't need a character reference in court as a  repeat offender when there was no sodding offence in the first place. Is this all because he was nasty to your hero Zlatan or are you just desperate to conjure up a controversy to discuss?

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #491 on: February 11, 2019, 06:53:06 PM »
Footy, the main problem here is that it's really hard to find footage of this played in real time, if you see it at that speed it looks like an accident. If you see the 2 frames a second super slo-mo version that's being shared on the internet then it looks much worse because it tricks you into thinking he had time to react. Oliveira fell into him and he tries to skip out of the way with his left and then, when he can't regain his balance, tries to place his right foot where he won't stand on an outstretched arm.

Which is exactly why VAR is going to be an absolute farce for decisions of opinion rather than fact....the more you slow it down the more you can make it look how you want it to suit your opinion. 

The posting on social media of the picture of his face afterwards caused the outrage in the TalkSPORT wannabes like tw@ Kitson - suppose we have to trust that was a genuine undoctored picture :-)

Accidents happen & that was exactly what this was

Just look at catches close to the ground in the cricket.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #492 on: February 11, 2019, 06:58:36 PM »
Jose Gomes reading manager on the incident .
Direct quotes said today Thursday.

Reflecting on the incident

"I must say the truth - and the truth is that from the bench during the game for me it doesn't look an intentional action.

But when I watch the pictures [replay], I have no doubt at all that it was intentional to touch Nelson's face.

After he stepped on the face, he broke the nose in four places and scars everywhere. And he's out of the pitch, he cannot train and can't play in the next match.

I cannot judge the referee because from the bench it was accidental.

The point here is the federation (the FA) cannot do anything because the referee saw it on the pitch.

But the problem is that the referee did not see it because I am sure if he watched the picture and then took a decision, the decision would be very, very tough for Mings.

We cannot judge the referee, we must help the referee and his decisions.

How can we do that - I don't know. But I know one thing - we must think about it because we are talking about football players that can get a very serious injury and nothing happens.

We could be talking about an ex player. If Mings chose to touch Nelson in his eye he could be a blind player.

We could be talking about a blind player and nothing happened.

I'm not against the referee or the federation, I'm just supporting my player and football.

It wasn't a football action, it was a different thing."

If an investigation should be done

I haven't read the match report [from the referee] but for sure the referee wrote he saw it.

It's one thing looking at something but it's another thing if he really saw what happened.

It was impossible for the referee to see what really happened. He didn't see anything - he saw the movements and the player touched somewhere but he didn't realise how dangerous Mings' action was.

So we must help the referees. How? We must think about it.

Even if he mentioned something he didn't mention the thing which happened because he didn't see it.

I don't know how we can fix this problem. It's not fair Nelson is out - he can't even breathe properly.

And with the other player, nothing happened. I think it's not fair.

If King Solomon gives justice to this then it should be he [Mings] can only play when Nelson is really ready, without anything in his face.

If rules should be changed to allow the FA more access to incidents

Something must be done because if you look at the replay - we have a very good one from our media department that you can see clearly Mings looks down.

If everybody accepts - because the ref mentioned in his report that it was a non intentional action but if you look at the replay he stepped on Nelson's face with intention.

Only two things can happen. One the federation can do something to punish Mings or if the referee saw it and didn't do anything then he must be punished.

I really believe the referee didn't see it. He saw the movement but didn't see anything strange.

It was difficult for him. Like me, we thought it was non-intentional action, but when you see the replay, there is no doubt.

But now nothing happens. It's not fair. Imagine how the player feels.

I feel frustrated with this because we cannot do anything. This is the point - it's not fair.

We should look at this as an example for the future.

The question is - we're talking about a Reading player - but if you talk about a Man Utd or Arsenal or Man City player - would it be the same thing?

The action was very ugly. It was a very tough and ugly thing.

I know that Mings did not want to damage Nelson's face in this way but he wanted to step on his face.

If you do this, you don't know what happens. He could have avoided it but he didn't.

Something should happen.

Mings having had a previous ban for stamping

This is from the past. Mings is a very good, a very fast central defender with good technique and is good with the head.

We must make a question from this. If the same thing happens tomorrow, how can we fix this? It's not correct and it's not fair.

It's not against anybody, it's about supporting football and protecting the players.

The support shown towards Oliveira

He deserves it because he's a great professional. He wanted to train and play [this weekend] but it's difficult for him.

He wanted to be on the list and in training but the doctor didn't allow it.

We'll see if we can fix him soon. But he deserves the support for the way he has been suffering this season and the way he caught this opportunity.

He's feeling at home at Reading. Everybody likes him, he's working very well and he's feeling the support everyone is giving him.

Hopefully he will recover very soon to help us again.

If other players have been affected by the clash

The players know it was intentional. You don't need to be a professional to say it was an intentional action.

The replay is clear, he looked down and could have avoided it. He let his foot back to touch his face.

All the players saw it and have helped Nelson a lot. Even before going to the hospital, he joked a bit and helped the players not to feel the condition of him.

Referee being demoted to League 2 this weekend

I cannot talk about things I don't know exactly. Maybe it was a coincidence.

Put simply, his face is fucked so ban him for life. An utter load of bollocks.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #493 on: February 11, 2019, 07:06:39 PM »
Perhaps the lawyers amongst us can advise on why the BBC are allowed to post an article such as this:
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47161602
Is that not defamatory and against all regulation guidance?

The BBC can suck on my cheesy Hampton as well.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #494 on: February 11, 2019, 07:10:01 PM »
And by the way, Mings looks a very good signing so let's hope we keep him fit and playing.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal