collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by VillaTim
[Today at 10:40:11 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by VillaTim
[Today at 10:38:51 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:29 PM]

Re: Snooker by BC Villain
[Today at 10:30:06 PM]

Re: Peter McParland 90 today by The Moose
[Today at 10:15:09 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:10:53 PM]

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by London Villan
[Today at 10:10:08 PM]

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by The Moose
[Today at 10:06:04 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 890262 times)

Offline Scratchins

• GM : 19.11.2024
Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome
« Reply #2310 on: October 16, 2019, 04:31:57 PM »
It would be great if this could be taken around the ground and we could all demonstrate our support for kicking racism out. I imagine that the Brighton fans would join in as well. 

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #2311 on: October 16, 2019, 04:48:27 PM »
Not saying that it won't happen but I'd like to think that Manure will find they are dealing with a very different Aston Villa and be sent away with a full dose of fuck off tablets.

Also worth pointing out that is a very different Man U that we would be dealing with. It's not the trophy guarantee it once was.

Offline mike

« Reply #2312 on: October 16, 2019, 04:58:25 PM »
Just been discussing this with my 8 year old as it was mentioned at school. He was astonished when I told him Tyrone is black (bear in mind he’s met him) and hadn’t noticed Sterling or Rashford were black until I pointed it out. That is no exaggeration. He might just be a bit dim, I suppose.

Offline mike

« Reply #2313 on: October 16, 2019, 05:04:43 PM »
New banner for Saturday. Excellent work by all concerned in getting this done and to those who contributed.

Does anyone know the B6 lot we’ll enough to suggest turning that into a t shirt? Proceeds to an anti racism charity or the Villa Foundation? I’m happy to do it for them if they want.

Offline Smoke

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #2314 on: October 16, 2019, 05:38:51 PM »
So does anyone still think he stamped on that dudes face on purpose at the beginning of the year?!

2019 quite the year for Our Ty

I'm not sure why you feel the need to bring this up.  I felt at the time he could have done more to avoid it.  I still do.  The fact he's a nice bloke, great player and new media darling doesn't change that.

Sorry you didn't like me bringing it up Chris. I won't post again without checking if you mind the subject first.

Jebus.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #2315 on: October 16, 2019, 05:43:56 PM »
It just seemed a bit of an odd thing to bring up as it's in the past.  But should the fact that the media are currently blowing smoke up his arse change peoples views on that 'incident'?  Of course not.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2316 on: October 16, 2019, 06:27:28 PM »
So does anyone still think he stamped on that dudes face on purpose at the beginning of the year?!

I'm not sure why you feel the need to bring this up.  I felt at the time he could have done more to avoid it.  I still do.  The fact he's a nice bloke, great player and new media darling doesn't change that.

Sorry you didn't like me bringing it up Chris. I won't post again without checking if you mind the subject first.

Jebus.

But it was pointless bringing it up really. He was'n't charged with anything. Some people always try to look at the downside of things don't they?

Offline kieron

« Reply #2317 on: October 16, 2019, 06:50:07 PM »
New banner for Saturday. Excellent work by all concerned in getting this done and to those who contributed.

I saw Project B6's request for funding for this and donated a small sum because it simply just has to happen, doesn't it? He's already a Villa legend, so it's right he has this. I just hope it's a static banner fixed into position somewhere permanently as opposed to a flag waved on sticks before a match.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #2318 on: October 16, 2019, 07:16:41 PM »

Jebus.

But it was pointless bringing it up really. He was'n't charged with anything. Some people always try to look at the downside of things don't they?

It is a tad weird bringing it up but him not charged proves nothing as even if the authorities thought he was guilty they couldn't charge him.

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
« Reply #2319 on: October 16, 2019, 07:25:47 PM »
If that photo of the Reading player hadn't been released no one would have mentioned the incident ever again.

Online The Edge

« Reply #2320 on: October 16, 2019, 07:38:23 PM »
Theres some fantastic ideas being suggested here. I love the idea of his banner being passed the whole way round the stadium. If it can start in the lower North next to the away fans then go the whole way around till it gets to the other side in the lower ellis that would be great. Also the t-hirt idea sounds like a good one. I'm not sure how we could make donations to an anti racism charity but i'd be more than happy to partake if it's at all possible.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #2321 on: October 16, 2019, 08:03:02 PM »
He is a fine player and seems to be an equally fine human being.

Online Rory

« Reply #2322 on: October 16, 2019, 08:09:56 PM »

Wonderful. Great gesture to show we're all behind Ty.

I don't really follow international football and I'm certainly not an England fan, so whenever Villa players turn out for the national side, my emotions are mainly concern that they're going to be tapped up, and relief if/when they manage to get through the game uninjured and without making a catastrophic fuck-up in front of the whole country.

Ty showed great courage and dignity the other day, and I genuinely cannot remember ever feeling so proud of one of our players.

Online Rory

« Reply #2323 on: October 16, 2019, 08:13:09 PM »
Oh, and I hear he played well too, but I expected no less. Pure class.

Offline Smoke

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #2324 on: October 16, 2019, 10:09:14 PM »

Jebus.

It is a tad weird bringing it up but him not charged proves nothing as even if the authorities thought he was guilty they couldn't charge him.

I must be way off the mark. I didn't think it weird at all.
In less than a year the guy has gone from being a loan player some people on here thought might be a thug to potentially our record signing, england international and praised in the house of commons.

Like I said before, Quite the year for our Ty.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal