Off Topic > Sports Arena

Bears/Pears/Domestic Cricket Thread 2019

(1/99) > >>

Villan For Life:
Time to start this one then!

The home red ball game against Essex in July has to be played away from Edgbaston, it's being played at New Road.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/46959139

I thought they might use Portland Road or Stratford so this is an interesting devlopment. It starts on Saturday 13th July so I might have an overnight in Worcester and catch two days play.

--- Quote ---Warwickshire have investigated the possibility of using an out ground within the county, but with Edgbaston hosting the second semi-final on Thursday 11 July and the reserve day scheduled for Friday 12 July – the Edgbaston staff will be required to be on-site throughout this period and are therefore not available to assist in the running of a first-class match at an out ground in Warwickshire.
--- End quote ---

cdbearsfan:
Seems a bit stupid that we have to lose a home game. Why have the league schedules a game at Edgbaston when it's an international game, the thick twats? And could we not just swap home games with Essex? We are playing in Chelmsford in September.

Dave Cooper please:
Yeah, but we can do a terrace takeover at Wusster.

Steve67:

--- Quote from: Dave Cooper please on January 24, 2019, 04:44:52 PM ---Yeah, but we can do a terrace takeover at Wusster.

--- End quote ---

Easy tiger!  You are our guests.  I am looking forward to the season.  Worcester will be competitive and three going up.

cheltenhamlion:

--- Quote from: Newby on January 24, 2019, 08:07:20 PM ---
--- Quote from: Dave Cooper please on January 24, 2019, 04:44:52 PM ---Yeah, but we can do a terrace takeover at Wusster.

--- End quote ---

Easy tiger!  You are our guests.  I am looking forward to the season.  Worcester will be competitive and three going up.

--- End quote ---

One of those promoted teams won't be Gloucestershire but at least we can showcase some talent for Warwickshire to nick.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version