collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 04:22:59 PM]

NSWE Investment by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 04:20:04 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 04:17:49 PM]

150 celebrations by Dave P
[Today at 04:16:04 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 04:16:00 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 04:09:00 PM]

New Shirt Sponsor by Villan82
[Today at 04:07:38 PM]

Fog stopped play by Bernie
[Today at 03:42:03 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Hull City Post Match Thread  (Read 26245 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Aston Villa v Hull City Post Match Thread
« Reply #210 on: January 22, 2019, 10:40:33 AM »
Too many 1 win in 9 sequences, and he won't get the rest of this season, let alone the next. Unless the current owners really have no ambition at all.

Jack coming back may be his last roll of the dice. Let's hope it changes our fortunes when he does.

You really think we're at "last roll of the dice stakes"?

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #211 on: January 22, 2019, 10:58:21 AM »
Too many 1 win in 9 sequences, and he won't get the rest of this season, let alone the next. Unless the current owners really have no ambition at all.

Jack coming back may be his last roll of the dice. Let's hope it changes our fortunes when he does.

Patience is overrated, he’s had three months and we have seen before how successfully the three managers in a year approach works.

Offline Allan C

« Reply #212 on: January 22, 2019, 11:47:48 AM »

I can’t believe you think that way given the time Bruce was allowed and the shocking style (?) of football he dished out.

Offline Ads

« Reply #213 on: January 22, 2019, 12:05:54 PM »

Patience is overrated, he’s had three months and we have seen before how successfully the three managers in a year approach works.

15th December is been poor with two decent 2nd half performances.

He's been here 5 minutes and we've had a bad 2, brilliant 2 and a to-do 60 seconds. We all know the deficiencies with the squad.

Bring on Saturday now and let's get 3 points and some forward momentum again.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #214 on: January 22, 2019, 12:10:47 PM »
4 of those 9 games were in our 'easy run'. So, I'm suggesting, 1 win in 9 (and 3 points from 12) should lead to some serious questions being asked.

Eh?
I don’t think I’ve accused you or anyone else of wanting Smith sacked. You’re assuming things a bit there.
I just want him given time. Which he needs.
And he’ll make mistakes. He’s human.
Just like you and me.

The team is struggling because we are missing our two best players along with a seriously unbalanced squad.

I'm not questioning anything yet as I'm fed up with changing managers every 5 minutes and I think we need to think long term for a change because we're turning into the new Leeds United.

Which means giving the manager this season and next.

Oh my god just because people are questioning Smith doesn't mean they want him sacked.

Honestly this attitude that if you question Smith then you clearly want him sacked is getting ridiculous. You do understand that people can question Smiths decisions and still want him as our manager.

Offline Villa75

« Reply #215 on: January 22, 2019, 12:26:25 PM »

Yes, if things don't change.

Jack coming back has been the strand that most have been clinging to.

We've got Ipswich at the weekend, which is pretty much close to '3 points in the bag' as you can get. But what it we go on another 1 win in 9 after that?

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #216 on: January 22, 2019, 12:55:41 PM »

Yes, if things don't change.

Jack coming back has been the strand that most have been clinging to.

We've got Ipswich at the weekend, which is pretty much close to '3 points in the bag' as you can get. But what it we go on another 1 win in 9 after that?

Oh god, what if he gets hit by a bus? What if there's an earthquake in B6? What if, what if, what if?

I've seen pessimism on here before but you're bringing it to a whole new level my friend.

Offline Ads

« Reply #217 on: January 22, 2019, 12:58:27 PM »
What if we go on a 1 win in 18 run? What if we never win again? What if global war breaks out? What if famine strikes? What if a flesh eating virus consumes the globe? What if the sky turns black as night? What if the seas boil? What if water runs red as blood? What if the dead rise? What if we re-sign Agbonlahor?

Offline Villa75

« Reply #218 on: January 22, 2019, 01:02:18 PM »
What if we go on a 1 win in 18 run? What if we never win again? What if global war breaks out? What if famine strikes? What if a flesh eating virus consumes the globe? What if the sky turns black as night? What if the seas boil? What if water runs red as blood? What if the dead rise? What if we re-sign Agbonlahor?

Well, to state the obvious, none of those are nearly as likely as 1 win in 9.

Afterall, Smith has already managed it once.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #219 on: January 22, 2019, 02:58:38 PM »

What point exactly are you trying to make Villa75, because to me it just seems like you are moaning for the sake of it.

We all know Smith is on a bad run and it goes without saying that if that bad run continues to the end of the season he'll be under pressure.

It just seems to me that you are ramping up the stakes for the sake of it.

A few weeks ago Smith got the team playing some of the best football I have seen from Villa for several years.  We then lost a couple of key players and now we're on a poor run.  Everybody on this site knows that if we play shit for another 9 games the pressure will mount.  But what is there to gain from your constant whinging and doom mongering right now?  Is it a pro-Bruce thing or do you just see every glass as half empty?

Offline Ads

« Reply #220 on: January 22, 2019, 03:25:34 PM »

I know I'm being ridiculous, but it looked like you were have fun so I thought I'd join you.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #221 on: January 22, 2019, 08:15:12 PM »

He’s also managed a great run as well looking on the positive side. With some enterprising, exciting footy thrown in.
I raise my half full glass!

Offline Villa75

« Reply #222 on: January 22, 2019, 10:00:05 PM »

What point exactly are you trying to make Villa75, because to me it just seems like you are moaning for the sake of it.

We all know Smith is on a bad run and it goes without saying that if that bad run continues to the end of the season he'll be under pressure.

It just seems to me that you are ramping up the stakes for the sake of it.

A few weeks ago Smith got the team playing some of the best football I have seen from Villa for several years.  We then lost a couple of key players and now we're on a poor run.  Everybody on this site knows that if we play shit for another 9 games the pressure will mount.  But what is there to gain from your constant whinging and doom mongering right now?  Is it a pro-Bruce thing or do you just see every glass as half empty?

Bruce? God no. He had the squad underperforming as well.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #223 on: January 25, 2019, 06:20:25 PM »
Brilliant performance by SJM; my only criticism is the he shoots from too far out at times.

The best performance I've seen from Tammy, really winding up his team-mates at 2-0 down. Some clever 'fast-foot stuff from him as well.

They were easily the stand-out performers.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal