collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The AVFC 10 Year Challenge  (Read 2883 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: The AVFC 10 Year Challenge
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2019, 06:38:54 PM »
It just shows that we're not the only club to have gone backwards, and you can turn round just as quickly.

Absolutely, but it's certainly a lot "easier" if that's the right word to be in decline and maintain that course versus turning it around. Spurs are very much the club that did that, but looking at that table 11 of those teams were relegated since and only 3 are back in the PL today. And of that group that went down a good number dropped into the next tier, nearly went broke or at minimum flirted with administration. And speaking of Spurs, as you've also pointed out before landing a world record transfer fee for a player they were about to ship to Birmingham helped them rebuild a lot quicker than others.

It also helps Spurs and the other London clubs that they're based in the one of the wealthiest regions of Europe. As I've also pointed out, they can charge more for parking than many clubs can for match tickets.

Offline Villa75

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2019, 07:09:49 PM »
If it were only Spurs that had moved ahead of us, I would be a happier man. Instead we're behind the likes of Watford, Wolves, Bournemouth, Brighton, Palace, Burnley, Cardiff, Huddersfield, etc.

Online darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2019, 11:53:09 AM »
I wish we were back challenging the top four again in the Premier League happy days.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal