collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:36:44 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:32:48 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Paul.S
[Today at 07:27:19 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by VillaTim
[Today at 07:23:43 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Lowest point.  (Read 13651 times)

Offline wittonwarrior

Re: Lowest point.
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2019, 11:46:55 PM »
Not as bad as our premiership relegation but they are making every effort to get there.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2019, 11:51:42 PM »
The worst I felt was when the final whistle went in the playoff final.  Obviously going up would have been massive in itself but that season in particular it would have been crucial.

It was worse to me than relegation (because that had been coming for a long time) and much worse than now (because we've got a new manager and he needs time).

Online Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2019, 12:33:51 AM »
It's an awful result today, no question. The way I see it is that the old ocean tanker is still in the long process of turning around.

I think we as fans have to stand firm - no doubt the media will soon be smelling blood and posturing for Smith to perhaps be sacked. "Under pressure" or however they dress it up. That just leads to more and more uncertainty and change. Constant flux. I'm certain with players who can play the way he wants them to we will do better. Lets see what he's made of.

For what it's worth, I think the worst I felt was us getting hammered 6-0 at Newcastle when they came back up. They truly spanked us. The game was already laced with their new-found hatred of us. Bastards.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2019, 12:59:51 AM »
Being miles away makes things much easier for me but my low points where FA Cup Final 2000 and losing to Oldham in 1993, meaning Man Utd won the league. Just wanted to cry both times.

The downward spiral post MON has been littered with so many days like this picking a low point is like picking Gnat shit out of pepper. I’ve become immune to the gutless losses now.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2019, 01:07:30 AM »
Its not ultimately the results I am worried about but our play. Even at  Swansea we were poor.  Smith isn't getting a tune out of some of the squad, Bolasie has given up, Taylor is just dog, Bree very much hit and miss and El Ghazi whilst not the worst flatters.

You have to question Dean Smith with regards to one or two things,  Bolasie I would play on the right leaving Adomah on the left with Hutton linking up. it worked last season so give it a go.  I would recall  Green as the back up wide player with Kodja back in the thick of it.  He's no  Maradonna but he can change games.

So pissed off right now. 

Offline garyfouroaks

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2019, 02:31:42 AM »
The defeat at Doncaster under O Leary was grim.

Offline Pvb1968

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2019, 03:47:12 AM »
I want you to look at Saturdays result in the bigger picture of the last 4 years on its own and comparing how much we pay these wankers to rock up and under perform like they have. It sounds over the top but 3 0 at Wigan is as bad as it gets and some, I can't stand half of our team. Paul birch, Alan mcinally, Gary Thompson, Stuart gray, Mark lillis   all winners at the first time of asking.   

Offline tony scott

• GM : 31.05.2020
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2019, 04:57:59 AM »
Lowest point Liverpool scoring 6 at V P and easing off, yesterday was just very disappointing, this was the game that was supposed to kick start our push for the playoffs. We looked very disjointed which can be explained by New personnel, players coming back from injury etc Tec it's the lack of effort that's bewildering.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2019, 07:00:47 AM »
We had one new player - the goalkeeper - and a loan who mercifully came on as a sub. Apart from the injuries to Grealish and Axel nothing has changed personnel wise ; basically, these players were scoring for fun and playing good football only a few weeks ago. The change appears to be Smith - as I feared the enormity of the job appears to have discombobulated him. Playing in front of 10k at Brentford is a world away from playing to a success starved 40k plus at Villa Park.

Offline Scratchins

• GM : 19.11.2024
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2019, 08:01:23 AM »
My lowest point was not at a match but in my Dad's pub in 1970 hearing that Charlton had escaped relegation to the old 3rd division meaning that we were relegated.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2019, 08:02:10 AM »
Riiiiiight.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2019, 08:38:04 AM »
Well, yes
My lowest point was not at a match but in my Dad's pub in 1970 hearing that Charlton had escaped relegation to the old 3rd division meaning that we were relegated.
. Well, yes I agree. But, we very quickly developed some hope in the 3rd, and we refused to believe that we belonged there.
The conditions now are different: I don't actually feel that there is much hope in the short-term, and we are becoming used to and accepting of our second-tier status.

This is why I think the OP has made a valid point.

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2019, 08:50:17 AM »
The club was in a much much worse place in November 1968. However, the difference then was that if you got your act together then you could always rekindle old glories. Does anybody here seriously think 13/14 years from now we will be the best in England and Europe ?

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2019, 08:55:47 AM »
well it's not that long ago that Wolves were in the fourth division - now look at them.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2019, 08:57:13 AM »
Yes, so shit that half a mediocre season is being lauded as success.

Perhaps we need to have a plan and a style and give it more than 6 good weeks and 6 bad weeks to come to fruition.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal