collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Lowest point.  (Read 13747 times)

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Lowest point.
« Reply #120 on: January 14, 2019, 03:51:13 PM »
I predicted we'd win 1-4. I'm a bad bad man.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #121 on: January 14, 2019, 04:28:55 PM »
If our youth are not ready, then why did we sign Hause from Wolves U23 side and judging by Saturday he does not look to good?

I don’t see the connection between the readiness of the two sides?

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #122 on: January 14, 2019, 06:11:44 PM »
I predicted we'd win 1-4. I'm a bad bad man.

I wonder what the betting odds were against a 3-0 defeat, or Villa not scoring for that matter. Don't even mention zero shots on target.   

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #123 on: January 14, 2019, 07:05:56 PM »
The zero shots on target is a simply crushing stat. I don’t thing we even managed that with that attacking caveman Bruce. How we’ve gone from 20 odd shots a game with a good percentage on target in Smith’s best games to that abomination on Saturday (and the weekend before) beggars belief.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #124 on: January 14, 2019, 07:28:45 PM »
If our youth are not ready, then why did we sign Hause from Wolves U23 side and judging by Saturday he does not look to good?

I don’t see the connection between the readiness of the two sides?
I'm glad you said that. I thought I was just being dumb.

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #125 on: January 14, 2019, 11:07:14 PM »
Zero shots on target at a team like Wigan is hard to accept. I sat there thinking it had to change and then i realised Kodjia was not on the bench. Oh well i thought,maybe Hogan may score like he did last time we played at Wigan .To then bring on a defender and a defensive midfielder just baffled me to be honest

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #126 on: January 15, 2019, 03:14:28 AM »
Back in the 1960's the players were poor but at least they tried to the best of their abilities, albeit limited - now I  am sick to death of millionaire prima donnas who pick up their ridiculous rewards whether they play, win, draw or lose . I realise that money is awash in the game and players are entitled to their share however I do expect them to at least earn the right to pick it up.
The loan system hasn't worked particularly well for us with just a few exceptions - the current crop anticipate that their contracts will not be renewed or reconsidered in May and their commitment to the new manager and the club is virtually  existent.
With two weeks to the close of the transfer it will be telling what further moves are made, if any.
I expect a mass clear out in the summer .... whatever happens  it will reflect the direction of the owners

Your first paragraph is the reason why in today's game you get performances like yesterday. Villa are not alone in this. It happens up and down the country when you have a team that are not 'battlers'.  We are of similar age and started watching Villa around the same time. The performance of the players in the late 60's/early 70's was what got them in the team and earned them their living.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #127 on: January 15, 2019, 04:19:34 AM »
At our best I have seen performances as we displayed at Wigan and Preston, even Swansea away wasn’t great   Deano will get it right. As for loan system it very nearly worked wonders for us last season so don’t knock it utv

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #128 on: January 15, 2019, 08:52:08 AM »
Not being critical Alex but loans may well be at the root of only nearly making it.  Loans make you vulnerable IMO.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal