collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Lowest point.  (Read 13761 times)

Offline Pvb1968

Lowest point.
« on: January 12, 2019, 10:21:25 PM »
For me since my inception the lowest point since 1968, I know we were poor the but we have now spent 3 seasons in this league and we are mid table and shit with a big wage bill. For me so many players that wouldn't have got in the team that lifted us from the 3rd division but are payed a million times more yet give so little. We are at our lowest point and I want to see big changes.

Offline XXVilla

Re: Lowest point.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 10:26:58 PM »
Thanks very much Steve Bruce

Offline Kimaster1976

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 10:28:03 PM »
We have been at a constant low point now since summer 2010 approx.

You have to wonder how somehow they keep finding new ways to sink lower.

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 10:30:50 PM »
Today is the worst I have felt since relegation. At least two seasons ago finishing thirteen it felt like we were building towards the following year which was a very good league campaign but an ultimate failure at Wembley. Tonight I feel like it's back to square one. This isn't a bad team as proved by last season in general but the attitude from a lot of them stinks and we really dont know now what to expect from Smith. I am trying to have faith. He talks a good game but it really is up in the air.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 10:44:02 PM »
I don't know if this is my lowest point as a Villa fan, but in the first Bruce season I thought things would get better, and they kind of did, because we spent and gained some momentum and started acting bigger. But tonight, I honestly don't know what the solution is, because we can't really spend and the players and manager don't seem to get each other.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 10:46:01 PM »
It was absolute shite  today but I think lowest point is stretching it a tad.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2019, 10:46:45 PM »
And yet, two home games on the bounce now, against in form Hull and just won a game Ipswich Town.  Win them both and..................

How many times do we say this?  Even if the scenario above happens, we do not have the players who are able to sustain what Smith wants them to deliver.  Many of them are poor technicians and panic like fuck when they are pressed by the oppo. 

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2019, 10:48:03 PM »
I don’t know about lowest point either but after 10 years of decline and drop from feeling really high and optimistic just 6 weeks ago at Boro to now is really testing and depressing.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2019, 10:52:05 PM »
I'm just starting to become less and less interested with each game. I suppose that tells a story, at least to me.

Offline Pvb1968

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2019, 10:52:44 PM »
I can't find a lower point, huge wage bill with players who are shit. 3 0 at Wigan is low, very low. I

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2019, 10:57:29 PM »
Getting relegated was the low point.  This is just more of the same.  The only good thing about this season is that, whilst the parachute payments cease completely, we have a shit load of players at the end of their contracts and will possibly wipe the slate clean.  There are a fair few Bosman frees out there this summer, including a couple of the better Brentford players.  The right structure seems to be in place at Villa now and we have to give Smith a bit of time.  We cannot keep sacking managers and trying to buy our way out of it.  We have to lay the foundations between now and the end of the transfer window in the summer and see how it goes.

Offline Pvb1968

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2019, 10:58:36 PM »
If I have better players and a bigger wage bill I piss the championship. Glen whelan or hurry up or thor or Bree or whoever, they are shit and payed a fortune, then micah Richards and mcbigmack roll up, we are fucked for at least 2 more years until we build a proper villa team.

Offline kieron

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2019, 11:03:55 PM »

There's only so long that people can continue to use the 'Bruce excuse' - personally, post this transfer window is when it's past its sell by date.

Use the excuse wisely for the next couple of weeks, folks. It can't be used forever and we'll need another to use.

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2019, 11:18:43 PM »

There's only so long that people can continue to use the 'Bruce excuse' - personally, post this transfer window is when it's past its sell by date.

Use the excuse wisely for the next couple of weeks, folks. It can't be used forever and we'll need another to use.

I'm not so sure.The MON blame game had a heck of a shelf life.

Offline Pvb1968

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2019, 11:22:29 PM »
Forget Bruce, these wankers would sponge a living off anyone, 3 fucking 0 at Wigan, you absolute wankers.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal