collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

Gordon Cowans by Monty
[March 28, 2024, 11:26:15 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:30:40 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Drummond
[March 28, 2024, 11:39:23 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Monty
[March 28, 2024, 11:26:15 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Billy Walker
[March 28, 2024, 11:13:11 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 11:07:05 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:06:11 PM]

Re: COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:01:42 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Wigan v Villa post-match thread  (Read 30729 times)

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Wigan v Villa post-match thread
« Reply #180 on: January 12, 2019, 10:35:07 PM »
Elphick has come back in and we’ve continued shipping goals, if he doesn’t want to be dragged off he should get better, fuck him.

Then maybe the “captain” should have come off instead given he’s been here throughout us shipping goals. He’s been a very pale shadow of the player he was last season. Last I check the side he just left, where he was a regular starter is top of the form guide.

Offline Kimaster1976

« Reply #181 on: January 12, 2019, 10:47:44 PM »
Ever since we got relegated we have appeared to be buying the right players who had been outstanding in this division to get us out of it.....Chester, De Laet, Elphick, Taylor, Hourihane, Adomah, Lansbury, McCormack, Hogan, Kodjia.

They come to us and they turn to shite....overnight in some cases.

How long before McGuinn is ruined?

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #182 on: January 12, 2019, 10:48:42 PM »
Fitness bothers me. It's one of the weakest parts of our game - when was the last time we put in a ninety-minute performance? Yet we have one of the best training facilities in the country. So why do we look so knackered all the time?

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #183 on: January 12, 2019, 10:49:21 PM »
Elphick has come back in and we’ve continued shipping goals, if he doesn’t want to be dragged off he should get better, fuck him.

Then maybe the “captain” should have come off instead given he’s been here throughout us shipping goals. He’s been a very pale shadow of the player he was last season. Last I check the side he just left, where he was a regular starter is top of the form guide.

Chester was outstanding next to Terry.

Offline Pvb1968

« Reply #184 on: January 12, 2019, 10:50:06 PM »
Shower of overpayed wankers who are no better than Kevin gage, bernie Gallagher, Steve sims or David hunt. I'm backing Dean u smith all day long now, enough is enough, bin the ****** who won't show up against Wigan and get a team of men, maybe like oh John gidman, Leighton Phillips , Alex cropley or Andy gray. The most piss poor villa side in my 50 years on this planet without a doubt, I'd love 5 mins in the changing room with these wankers, 3 fucking nil at Wigan, you fucking jokers, lads who have rocked up in numbers today and you dish that shit out, I had the privilege of watching my 10 year old son play this morning with St nichs at farzley in Tamworth and they battled their bollocks off for  0 0 draw, hang your heads in shame you spineless wankers.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #185 on: January 12, 2019, 10:52:07 PM »

Chester was outstanding next to Terry.

He absolutely was. Terry elevated his game, almost made it easy by being a proper leader and outstanding defender. I’ve compared this drop in form before to Curtis Davies who looked brilliant next to Laursen to the pub player when Laursen was out. Some players are just great best supporting actors.

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #186 on: January 12, 2019, 11:06:26 PM »
Fitness bothers me. It's one of the weakest parts of our game - when was the last time we put in a ninety-minute performance? Yet we have one of the best training facilities in the country. So why do we look so knackered all the time?

A 90 minute performance isn’t necessarily about fitness. It’s about controlling the game. How many times have we seen us sit deep in the last 10 mins and concede?

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #187 on: January 12, 2019, 11:08:19 PM »
Despite all the positivity this week with Abraham staying and Hause coming in to the club and the comments from Smith that Pitarch is 'really busy", once I saw the side today, I feared the worst.  Still no major creativity in the side, still a really poor midfield, still a really poor set of defenders.  The nature of the defeat is unpalatable, especially as Wigan hadn't won for yonks, but I am not that surprised about us being beaten.  We really are a very. very ordinary side and it breaks all of our hearts as we all know it.  We only have two or three class players. 

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #188 on: January 12, 2019, 11:11:16 PM »

A 90 minute performance isn’t necessarily about fitness. It’s about controlling the game. How many times have we seen us sit deep in the last 10 mins and concede?

Well, yes, but I suppose the point I didn't really stress was that we don't keep going, and hardly ever do. Contrast with the late winners Norwich and Leeds have managed which help put them out in front.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #189 on: January 12, 2019, 11:16:58 PM »
Fuck it, I’m going to say it again.
Compare us to Leeds who changed their manager a few months before us.
Our squad ‘theoretically’ is miles better than theirs and yet they are playing a different game to us.

And soon, a different division.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #190 on: January 12, 2019, 11:22:33 PM »
Bielsa had the advantage of all of pre-season to instill what he wanted. It's a lot easier to do it then than it is a chunk into the season with players injured, a squad you can't change for ages and so on.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #191 on: January 12, 2019, 11:25:14 PM »
Having a "theoretically" better squad than our rivals is useless.  Besides, I don't buy that anyway.  I've thought for a good while that our squad is overrated; most of them turn it on for us only occasionally.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #192 on: January 12, 2019, 11:25:27 PM »
I agree Pws, but the gap between how they play and how we have played over the last few games has got massively wider.
We are regressing at a rate of knots and Deano needs to address this pretty damn quickly.

Offline Pvb1968

« Reply #193 on: January 12, 2019, 11:26:12 PM »
I banged on about bielsa and got ridiculed, he will get them promoted.

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #194 on: January 12, 2019, 11:26:48 PM »
Well that pathetic performance this afternoon ranks alongside any i have witnessed over the years and there has been a few. Losing i can accept but to be outplayed and outfought by a team who had won one of their previous 12 games i can not. With the exception of Kalinic and McGinn the rest were a disgrace to the shirt as far as i am concerned .Schoolboy type errors made time and time again .The second goal the goalscorer was left unmarked to pick his spot and the third was ,well just a right cock up .As the weeks go on ,Smith is starting to worry me more and more.To bring on Hause and that plodder Whelan on when we were losing was a strange decision .He seems obsessed with Whelan and seems determined to have him involved at any cost .

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal